Aussie Instant Freeze Maximum Hold Styling Gel

7oz | Styler

Product Rating: 3.50 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 12 reviews) Login to add your review

Aussie Instant Freeze Sculpting Gel contains natural Australian wild cherry bark. Bring out your inner Greek Goddess with a hold that would make Alexandros of Antioch (Venus De Milos creator) one jeal Read More...

This is my HG drugstore styler. It has great hold, good scent, and the crunch scrunches out easily. The end result is smooth, frizzless, soft curls when applied to soaking wet hair by scrunching.

This gel is great for its league. I've tried Garnier and Tresemme gel products, and they just don't compare. It's cheap and it smells kind of good. If you're going to buy it make sure you immulsify it REALLY well before applying

My current staple. It's protein-free, cheap, and I can use it year round. It doesn't smell bad either. it does leave a gel cast, but that's a good thing and I find it very easy to scrunch out the crunch (almost too easy). It doesn't leave my hair sticky at all. Overall this gel is very reliable and something I always feel safe using because it's alcohol, protein, glycerin, and sillicone free.

I get really good results with this, and I'm a med/fine 2b. I always end up with 2nd day hair and if I add a drop of brhg, I get 3rd and sometimes even 4th day hair too. I don't have problems with flaking or scrunching out the crunch. I love this stuff. It works well and it's CHEAP.

If I use a quarter sized amount after cleansing, it's ok and would work in a pinch. If I use more than that it seems like it weighs my hair down and it flakes up when I try to scrunch it - not cool on my very dark, brown/black hair. It smells like "hair product" - sort of chemically fruity - but the smell goes away almost immediately. I don't mind it in low doses and I'll use it up but probably won't buy it again. It does define curl and has a strong hold.

I don't like this gel. It's sticky and I find it hard to distribute. It droops my hair and its difficult to scrunch out the crunch completely. I definitely won't repurchase.

I bought this because it was gylcerin free, it's ok, I guess it's just too liquidy for my taste which tends to leave my hair stringy looking.

This is a great drugstore gel for CGs. Excellent hold. I don't use it by itself, so I don't know how it works alone, but it works great layered over a curl cream. I get great clumping, and great curl, thaqt holds all day. Doesn't dry my hair out at all. Wonderfully cheap too. Only negative, its not great for 2nd day hair - my hair does get sticky when rewetting it on the 2nd day, and it doesn't restyle well at all. Still, for that price, you can't beat it, and it performs great for 1st day curls. No complaints there!

Just like it sounds, this'll give you a hard hold with crunch that is pretty difficult to scrunch out. It does leave your hair sticky as other people have mentioned, and if it gets tangled it's not pretty. The smell is like cherry-flavored medicine. Wouldn't purchase again.

Wanted something to replace HEBE(my HG for a long time) and this is pretty much the same product (same company makes both) Holds all day, I get almost no friz its my HG since I can find it easier than HEBE

This stuff is amazing. best product ever

Very thick and somewhat sticky. I got a fair amount of spider weby frizz with this (probably because of stickiness). Not curl encouraging at all. Hold didn't fail though when I handled my hair.

water, laureth 23, ppolyquaternium 4, hydroxyethylcellulose, benzyl alcohol, acrylates/beheneth 25 methacrylate copolymer, aminomethyl propanol, dmdm hydantoin, acrylates copolymer, fragrance, disodium edta, prunus serotina bark extract (wild cherry), humulus lupulus extract (hops), hedychium coronarium root extract (australian white ginger), panthenol
Ingredient Attributes: