frizz control anti-humectant sun protectant

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

.8 oz. | Styler, Finisher

Product Rating: 2.55 Curls (Rated 3/5 based on 40 reviews) Login to add your review

Blocks frizz. Instantly and dramatically transforms dry, frizzy, or chemically-treated hair into incredibly smooth, glossy hair. An exceptional blend of silicones immediately smooths texture while d Read More...

Brilliant for my hair,this has been a staple for years and years! i pair it with the John Frieda curl gel and it leaves my curls defined into pretty spirals and curls! At least try it once it may be the product for you.

I really like this product, but it does need you to know your shampoo frequency very well. I'm a guy and what I do with it is dilute it with a little bit of almond and coconut oil to add moisture and protection to the hair for all those silicones. I only apply it when my hair is dry and after the scrunching. it eliminates frizz an gives instant shine,but can leave her greasy if used in excess.

There seems to be a lot of negative reviews but this product is one of few that I truly like. When used alone, it really helps cut down on the frizz - I use this on my hair as soon as I'm out of the shower and it even works really well when I straighten my hair. Then I use a curl defining creme or mousse and I always end up with the hair that I want. It doesn't make my hair greasy or crunchy but it does make it a bit too dry so I always make sure to keep my hair conditioned well.

I've tried this product maybe 6 times now, and it continues to disappoint me. My hair gets either really greasy, and I have to wash it again to get it out, or it does nothing. It has not, as far as I can tell, helped me with my frizz, in fact sometimes I even think putting this in causes MORE frizz. One thing that bothered me about it was how long it took my hair to dry when I had put it in (2-3 hours, my hair usually dries in 1.5), although that's fairly minor. I'm sure this would work for some people, but for my hair type one drop of this stuff was too much.

Great serum in my opinion. I like to apply it on my hair when it's towel dried. I don't put in too much but just a bit where my hair usually gets puffy (In the back) I also like to put a bit on my ends . It will really make your hair soft but I don't recommend this for girls with greasy hair.

I have used this product daily for years and I cannot say enough good things about it! It has transformed my hair and has made it much easier to manage. My hair is soft and bouncy with the perfect amount of shine because of this serum. Other brands haven't worked near as well. I never leave on a trip without it

makes my daughters hair greasy and dry. thought i used too much so the next time i used not as much but it still didnt do anything for her hair. i just threw it away.

I love this serum!!! It really helped contol my frizz and made my curls look healthy!

I'm not sure I know how to apply serum without roughing up the hair cuticle, but this did more to weigh my hair down than to prevent/control frizz. It does, however, add shine, so that's a plus.

It needs some time to find the right dosage, but it really does form the hair and reduces frizz. However, it dries out the hair extremly, so I don't recomend daily usage and only for well cared for hair.

This really works on my hair. It doesnt give me ringlets but i get tight individual curls. It's hard to get the right amount, if you use too much you'll get greasy and stiff hair. Remember not to use it on your roots, only on the ends.

I used this product way back in the day (10 years ago) when I was in high school to straighten my hair. I remember liking it then so I recently started using it again, except this time for wearing my hair curly (woo hoo). It reduced my frizz to a certain extent, but not completely. It worked better for me when I used a good leave in conditioner.

This is by far the best hair serum/silicon I have come across in years. It has been my staple for years after I couldn't find any more Zero Fizz products in my area. It definitely eliminates ALL frizz on the planet. I love to use this product when I am blow drying my hair straight. My hair is bone straight and shiny.

It fools you, doesn't it? It seems to feel softer at first, and you feel less frizzy at first.... but only for a very little while, and only when used once in a while. Why bother? There are so many other good things out there. I'm in agreement on the cones. Any cones left on your hair only seem to make things worse in the long run.

This product did absolutly nothing for me. I would never buy any of the Frizz Ease products because none of them work. What a waste of money

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! this product leaves hair filmy and stringy...and really in all honesty i could go on and on about how horrible this product is....but i won't.....ill just warn you..

It bothers me that so many people buy this product b/c its justa waste of money. It would spread evenly through my hair, and i ended up using too much and my hair was just untouchable and GREASY. Please don't give anymore money for this product. There are soo many better products out there.

I've tried this again and again. Because I keep hoping to see how 'amazing' it's supposed to be. Nothing, it does nothing. No matter if I put the dime sized amount, or a palmful. Such a waste of money for me.

Pure trash.

I actually had pretty good results when I tried this product-- no crunch, nice curl formation and definition, and a cut-down on frizz. But this is definitely not a daily-use product. You have to be careful not to use too much or it will weigh hair down. I think it would be a bit too much for wavy hair, but maybe the light formula would work.

hated it... couldnt figure out how much to use and it made my hair go nuts didnt help the frizz or curl formation

This product was complete trash for my hair type. lol I think that I used the whole bottle in one application. when my hair was wet it looked curly but once it dried it was an afro

I hate this stuff. It stopped working very quickly and eventually did nothing for my hair. I felt it was drying too. The product itself feels greasy, which I don't like. It's also expensive in the UK. Overall, it's probably the worst product I've ever tried.

This stuff dries out my hair, which makes it even frizzier than it was to begin with. No thank you.

This is a horrible serum. It doesn't do anything for my hair...it actually makes it frizzy..and my hands get sticky. I do like the fact that it blocks from UV rays.

This does nothing for my hair. Although the packaging says to use a "dime sized amount," that much product just does not last through my masses of hair.

Not good on CG because of the cones. Tried light formula and it worked a few times and then my hair frizzed, then upgraded to the regular formula worked for a short time and then upgraded to the extra strength...same thing happened after a while. Not good for long term...maybe ok once in a rare while.

Perhaps this product page should be updated. I paid less than $10 for it and the picture is no longer accurate. The package labeling clearly tells how much to use (a dime-sized amount). I am 4 days into using the Lite Formula for my fine, curly hair and so far I adore it. My curls are defined, my frizz is controlled(in Memphis humidity and heavy rain!) and my hair is shiny. However, I think I might be seeing the beginnings of what the other reviewers have complained of as far as build-up. My hair was VERY soft the first day (I used the serum along with Dream Curls) but my hair now feels just slightly crunchy and a little dryer. I'm going to try using less of both products on my short hair to see if I can get the softness back so that I may continue to enjoy the definition they provide.

I love the initial results, but after 4 or 5 days of using it I'm left with weighted down, dirty looking hair, regardless of how little I use. I wash between applications but it's like it builds up or something.

The first time I used this, I loved it. No friz and my hair felt really soft. The more I used it, however, the drier my hair became until it felt like straw. Whenever I try to use it now it doesn't even control the frizz no matter how much I use.

Eh. Nothing less than the Extra Strength formula does a thing for me. I also noticed it left a build up that I had a hard time shampooing out. I had poo-pooed the idea that silicones can ultimately be very drying until I used this! I stopped using it and my hair was indeed dryer than when I started using it.

I've been using this for years on my 3a curls. Oddly enough, I've found that the extra strength is thinner and more effective on my hair than the standard variety. I find if I use a small amount sleeked over my hair when it's braided, it keeps the frizzies at bay for hours in the DC humidity. I don't have a problem with the packaging, but that's because I saved one of the large 1.5 oz pump bottles the serum used to come in. I dump almost two of the 0.8 oz eye-dropper bottles in there and I'm set.

Made my hair go crayzeeee! Didn't like it at all. Might work on flat ironed hair though, to get rid of the frizz.

This does nothing for my 3a/2b hair. I've tried putting only a little and also a whole lot, and still end up with tons of frizz.

it's hard to know how much to use and the bottle is TINY for what you pay for it!! it made my hair feel greasy but it did stop a lot of frizz...

I like this when mixed in with some mousse or gel to really define my 2a/3a curls. Unfortunately, it is so small it doesn't last long - and I find it pricey for so small of a container.

Hard guessing how much to use. But works quite well. Not brilliant, effects don't last long on 4a's 3 days max. Good for a night out! recommend just not right for me.

You have to tinker to come up with the right dosage for your hair, but it does reduce frizz.

I like this. Really smoothed hair, cut back on frizz and flyaways. Gave good curl formation. Hair was shiny.

Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Vera).
Ingredient Attributes: frizz control, anti-humectant, sun protectant