moisture frizz control anti-humectant

DevaCurl No-Poo

12 oz. & 32 oz. | Cleanser, Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Product Rating: 3.88 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 191 reviews) Login to add your review

DevaCurl No-Poo is a zero lather conditioning cleanser.This no lathering conditioning cleanser guarantees the healthiest, bounciest curls.
Suggested use:
Wet curls thoroughly. Massage a libe Read More...

LOVE! This is by far the best Deva product. A lot of this goes a long way, it's gentle, it smells fantastic, and my hair looks fabulous after using.

I do not find it's scent to be all that pleasing. This product was like using a lotion to cleanse my hair with. After using it, my hair did not feel moisturizer, but a bit stripped instead. It was a total waste of my money. I have no plan on ever buying this stuff again.

I liked the smell. I liked the way it made my scalp feel at first. However, after using it more than once, it left my scalp feeling very greasy. It absolutely made my hair curly, but I just couldn't get over the feeling of greasy scalp.

I love it. It's gentle, moisturizing, and it removes styling products. I use only a couple of pumps for my whole head. The 32 oz. bottle lasts for months. This "no-poo" is very refreshing and soothing for my scalp as well.

Best product ever. When I found this at the mall, it was much more expensive than it should be. Now I just purchase online at the DevaCurl website (which is cheaper) and I absolutely love it. Lots of moisture, fragrance is amazing & my hair is so soft! Just be sure to follow with DevaCurl One Condition :) I also recommend other DevaCurl products.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! My hair is normally dry and crunchy. With this product my hair is soft and detangled in no time. The smell is light and fresh, and the clean tingling feeling is great. I've tried many products that claim to do the same thing but this is the best I've found. I keep returning to this product and am here to stay.

This does have good slip in my opinion. I dont care for the smell though. This did clean my hair but there is nothing in this that didnt make it clean any better than any other conditioner. My low porosity felt no different than before i used it, no moisture, no softness. Its just a mediocre product.

I have tried everything out there for my hair and I ALWAYS come back to Devacurl No Poo. I like the scent (sort of a pepperminty kind of smell), feels good in my hair and makes my hair feel good when I rinse it out. This was the 1st no poo I had tried as was very sceptical about it actually cleaning my hair, and worried it would make my roots look greasy…..NOT AT ALL. If washed out properly and completely it leaves hair feeling clean, soft and prepped for the One Condition. I have tried the DevaCare No Poo and I find it little bit heavier in my fine hair, didn't make it greasy or anything I just prefer the DevaCurl No Poo.

Love it. I have natural blonde cherub curls that are dry and fine. This is gentle enough for my hair. and conditions well. Since my hair is so fine One Condition can be too heavy. I can "finger comb" my hair using No Poo. It has a very "clean" smell that some complained about. I don't notice it after rinsing my hair. But I wasn't offended by the scent to start with. Don't let the price scare you away, the 32 oz lasts me 5-6 months. I rarely need to use a "low poo". After I deep condition my hair with organic coconut oil (THE BEST!) I use Desert Essence (sulphate free, 100% vegan) Shampoo.

Am loving this shampoo. My type 2b/c, super thick hair has never been happier. The non-lathering was a little weird at first but there is no question about how my hair reacts. For the first time in my life I am getting compliments on my hair. My hair just FEELS and LOOKS happy...there is no other way to describe it. I am doing less than I have ever done, styling wise, and my hair looks better than it ever has before. No one is more surprised than I am after buying tons of "Miracle Hair Repair" junk that turned out to be utterly worthless. What a relief to find a product that actually works on my hair.

Love this!!! Love how great my scalp felt. Will definitely repurchase.

This no-poo has to be a curly girl staple. Haha! Well, idk...but it happens to one of my cg staples. Moisturizing. Rinses well. Good slip. Eases detangling even without having to use another conditioner. I have used it frequently for a few years now. I have tried others but I always come back to this product :)

I agree with a lot of the other reviews...phewwww, don't like the smell but the product itself is fantastic. I have curly hair with a tendency toward frizz. Between the No Poo and the Deva conditioner I get a good result. I've recently begun applying Grapeseed Oil to my wet hair after conditioning and its made a HUGE difference in how soft my hair feels and it keeps the frizz down. I just read the No Poo label and discovered that the NoPoo contains grapeseed oil, so I guess I'm just boosting the effect.

Love this product. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the smell that's why it gets 4 stars instead of 5. First product I tried and still liking it.

Amazing product for 4c hair, a bit pricey though

I have been hearing people rave about DevaCurl products for a while now and the only regret I have is not trying them sooner. My very kinky, 3c/4a hair has always struggled with maintaining moisture and with just one visit to a Deva inspired stylist my curls feel and look 20 times better! The stylist used this no-poo and the Heaven in Hair and my hair has never felt or looked better. Don't be discouraged by the price, totally worth it!!!

This product is amazing! Using only DEVA for 30 days will transform your curls! They will be more defined and controlled..Getting a Deva cut really helps as well. If you live anywhere near Central Florida, please call us to get you started on the Deva system and cut! Salon Ciseaux 407-865-5881

This No-Poo is great! I bought the 12oz size 2 years ago and am still using the same bottle. Let me explain: I follow the Deva regime and it works! When I first started the regime, I used the No-Poo about once a week while using the One Condition daily. After a while, my hair and its oils started to balance themselves out. Now, I only use the No-Poo every couple of months or so -- the One Condition keeps my scalp grease-free for that long (!), hence why I still haven't finished up the first bottle I bought. I only gave it 4 stars out of 5 because of the smell. It has a very strong odor that sticks to my hair all day long and I feel like I'm walking around in a cloud of stinky -- neither the conditioner or hair products mask it. Luckily, the smell goes away in a day or 2. Why doesn't Deva make nicer smelling products....

I first tried the DevaCurl No Poo and it dried my hair out, so after reading DevaCare is meant for color treated hair, I bought this one instead and LOVED it! I like that it has mild surfectants in it, because I have very hard water and nothing else was working for me, and everything caused buildup. This turned my crazy mess on my head to being pretty manageable! This smells better than the DevaCurl, and not as strong. The only thing I don't like is that it contains wheat. I'm highly gluten sensitive and this was making my hair fall out in large amounts. Great product, but I've had to switch to the Low Poo, even though I didn't really want to.

First No-Poo I've ever used. It was used on my hair after my first "Devacut" and my hair looked so great I bought all the products used. The smell isn't my favorite part, but it does the job and leave my hair soft, and non-frizzy. Little pricey, but I'm worth it... we all are ;)

Wow I'm so impressed I never used a product like this that won't damage my curly hair I just love it and will continue to purchase it.

I really love the No Poo. I ran out and decided to buy a drugstore brand curling shampoo with lather and I really noticed a negative difference in my hair. It definitely didn't spring it up like the No Poo did, so now I am back to the No Poo and happy with my hair again. It doesn't strip my color and it doesn't add buildup. I can see ringlets in my wet hair in the shower. I just got my hair colored and cut and went in with wet hair. My stylist felt my hair and said it felt soft and looked healthy and shiny and asked what I put on it. I told him I just washed with No Poo and used Deva Curl One Condition. He told me I should never use anything else...including the products he sells! I am a No Poo girl for life!

This shampoo is the best product when you know how to use it. I am a stylist and I have taken the advanced certification class from the DevaCurl academy and I never hear anyone say they don't like this product once they know how to use it. We have so many girls that come into the salon that say they have tried this product and don't like it because they don't feel it has done anything for them. We tell them to give it another try and let us show them how to properly use the product. Once we take them back to the sink and teach them how the product is supposed to be used they LOVE it! It is definitely a tough product to learn on your own and the Deva videos just don't do it justice.

Even though I have very hair, I use this and really like it. I really rinse well and I don't need to use any conditioner after this, so it saves me time and money. After rinsing upsidedown, I then apply a few pumps of b'leave in and follow with ArcAngel. It took me several years to figure out my routine, but it works for my fine, wavy/curly porous hair.

I have dandruff, and this did absolutely nothing to clean my scalp. It left my scalp flaky, oily and sticky.

Terrible it gave me an allergy anaphylaxis! I am allergic to nuts and this gave me a bad reaction, couldn't breathe at night. Wonder if it's the grape-seed oil but I eat grapes and am not allergic to them and have eaten the seeds. Though I've reacted to the grapeseed oil from Aura Cacia. Or the Coco-Betaine? I am allergic to coconuts at class 2.

I have to admit I miss the bubbles. I've been doing the CG method now for about three weeks. I have easily dispersed cherub curls. This does clean my hair but it smells a little medicine-y to me. And it does moisturize. It moisturizes so well that I don't need much conditioner and I definitely can't leave the conditioner in like the video said to do. I rinse most of it out and follow with the light defining gel. I use the three step system and get great second day hair just by re-wetting and air drying. Since I've been using these products my curls are not so easily dispersed as they used to be.

doesn't clean my hair very well and i have to scrub literally scrub my hair to remove buildup it also makes my hair tangle but it smells goods and even though is free of silicones and sulfate i still has many harmful chemicals.

I purchased a trial size and I use it for my mini twist only. It's great when I need to cleans my mini twist. I tried using this product on loose natural hair and I hated the results but on twist its awesome. It's cleans without drying on twists and does not strip my twists.

I was looking for something on the ground versus curl junkie . I hate the smell of devacurl no poo so I tried this and love it! Left my hair clean but not stripped and very soft.

I can't use this everyday, my scalp got really oily and irritated after 3 consecutive uses! So happy I only bought a trial size bottle. I will use randomly then not purchase again!

This was the first CG-friendly product I ever used! It definitely made my hair feel clean even though the no-lathering application was a bit weird for me at first. It also worked really well for my scalp, which is prone to flakes. Overall it worked so well that I became a CG convert!

A staple. A must have. This is the only No-Poo I need.

This is the line I started with when I found out the importance of keeping curly hair moisturized. I like the way my hair responds to this. It certainly doesn't dry it out. Nice fragrance that smells like Sen Sen which is an old licorice breath mint I miss from my youth. My main concern these days is to find products that do what No Poo and Conditioner One do but without any toxic chemicals. I appreciate that this is a paraben and sulfate free line, but there are still too many chemicals that have been shown to have ill-effects to make them safe for daily use over years. We must insist that companies use all safe ingredients. For this reason I won't continue to use the Deva line unless they reformulate using all non-toxic ingredients. I'm searching for the perfect combination of non-toxic yet effective. I have several clean products coming, and I'll review their effectiveness soon.

I love this product...it cleanses well and smells amazing, like roses and mint. The scent lingers, which I like but some people might not. It moisturizes my scalp and tingles a little. I do have to use it in rotation with the Low-Poo, however, because using No-Poo as my only cleanser would weigh down my hair.

I have fine thin naturally curly hair and this weighed my hair down causing it to go completely flat and my hair became really dry. I used this for 6 months and it irritated my scalp causing it it to become dry and flaky; it also made my scalp itch very badly. I stopped using it about 2 weeks ago and my hair is slowing turning back to normal, the curl is bouncing back, and my scalp has completely healed and no more flakes. I was extremely disappointed in this product.

I have been a product junkie for years, trying everything I could... all I ever got was buildup. I recently switched to all DevaCurl and DevaCare products. I am such a fan of the all-natural approach and botanically based products. I so love everything I've used from Deva but the real kicker for me right now is the No-Poo. My scalp has been completely transformed into the healthy, happy one I've always wanted. I'm so pleased with the results but have to push the importance of using each product as instructed... It makes all the difference in the world!

I love the scent. My hair and scalp get very clean and detangles. It performs as described. I wish it was a cleansing conditioner/co-wash. Since it is not, it must be rinsed out and followed by a conditioner. I use it with the Devacurl One Condition which is also awesome.

I love Devacurl's no poo. It smells wonderful, makes my hair smell wonderful, and cleans my hair.

I LOVE this shampoo. Your hair feels really clean afterwards, without the lather! It also moisturizers and detangles. Not to mention, it smells great!

I purchased the trial size to try it out. Love the fresh lemongrass and mint smell. The consistency is like conditioner. my concern is it has alcohol in it and I can tell because it leave my hair a bit crunchy.

This is a great no-poo... it feels like a thinner conditioner prior to using the one condition. It does no lather, and it works great for those with a dry, dehydrated and itchy scalp like me. It has a minty sort of smell and feeling whenever I wash my hair with it, and I even let it reach my ends with it while I comb the snarls out. The reason I gave it a 4 besides 5 is that, while it is a nice product overall, it does not really last in terms of the results. What I mean is, is that I can only get second day hair but then my scalp screams for itch-relief and I wish this product can let my hair have more than just two days of not co-washing my scalp, you know? So for the price... eh... I wouldn't keep buying it. Maybe.

I have tried many cleansers to wash my hair without shampoo and this is by far my ONE & ONLY. I LOVE this cleanser and will stick with it. I have been using it for over 5 months and I have no complaints.

it did make it curlier, but my hair wasn't clean. I have oily hair and the no-poo didn't clean it properly. also the gel made my hair crunchy and look wet.

First of all, I must say that DevaCurl products and the whole DevaCurl/Lorainne Massey phenomenon changed my life and my hair. I will never go back to regular shampoo. I don't miss the lather of shampoos at all. This stuff is so worth the price, it cleans my hair without stripping it of oils, and when I wash it properly (massage product directly onto my scalp with the tips of my fingers) it has cured my dandruff, which is something none of those medicated shampoos ever did. If you're looking for a comparable product at a better price, try Giovanni's Tea Tree Conditioner. It has many of the same ingredients and does pretty much the same job.

I am love with this stuff! I don't even miss the lather of those other shampoos. When I used it for the first time, I wasn't sure if I liked it because I didn't know how to apply it. I was so used to working shampoo in my hair for that lather effect. I can still work it in my scalp and run it through my hair and it feels better then sulfate shampoos. After I rinse it out my hair does not feel stringy, stiff or stripped. I absolutely love deva curl products.

I was a bit apprehensive to try this product because of the fact that it does not lather but I am so glad I tried it. This cleanser is great! It gently cleanses my scalp without stripping my hair. You only need a little bit of product and its very effective. The only thing I didn't like was the smell. It reminded me of the Carols Daughter Hair Milk (lemon pledge scent. ick). But other than that the product was very effective. If you feel like splurging on your hair, give this product a try.

I was a bit skeptical about using a shampoo without sulfate (the stuff the makes it lather) but I wanted to try it because I know it isn't good for your hair, especially curly hair. Sulfate is VERY drying and that dry curly hair is NOT CUTE! Forget what you heard! So I tried it...and the verdict is I loved it. At first in the shower I was thinking, this isn't going to get my hair clean but I will only wash it once because I want to see what product build up is left on my hair after one wash. I used the no-poo and the conditioner and my hair was super clean...I was shocked. I only had to wash it once, it was moisturized, and I didn't have to fight the wide tooth comb afterwards to comb it out. I am impressed my hair got this clean without the sulfate. I am now a believer. It is weird not having the lathery stuff in your shampoo but I am all about healthy hair, so as long as it gets clean I am all in.

This is not too bad but it's too expensive for a co-wash that isn't outstandingly moisturizing. Also, I'm really on and off about the smell, sometimes I love it, other times... I'll probably use it up but I don't know about a reourchase... The one condition from this line was better.

Love love love this stuff ! I literally just bought the starter kit that comes with this, the conditioner & gel & the moisture lock leave in. my curls are amazingly shiny, perfectly frizz free, and very moisturized ! and thats only after the first use! i cant believe some people don't like this stuff, I have type 3a/3b curls & I've been trying to go CG for 3 years and now my curls look amazing ! this is a little expensive, but I reccomend at least trying the starter kit, its awesome ! dont expect any bubbles from this though, there are absolutely none, but you can totally feel it moisturizing your hair as you rinse it out, if you cant stand no bubbles at all, try the low poo to start out and then maybe do the no poo. the only downside is the smell, it obvi doesnt smell like sweet coconuts or strawberry because its all natural ! might take some getting used to, but what you can do is just spray a light coat of detangler ( w/o silicone) to cover up the smell a bit.

I really do like this cleanser. My hair loves it this winter (in the summer, it was too much for my hair, and left it a bit heavy). I happen to love the scent..sort of lemon with rose. Will be repurchasing.

I brought this as I use the one conditioner to co-wash and that is awesome!. Well this cleanser cleans really well, but you should only use a little on your finger tips and massage on your scalp I've learned, otherwise you will have dry kind of stripped hair.. It's great but don't use as you would a normal shampoo. It a keeper for me

TYPE 3C... Just tried for the first time LOVE IT!! I've been using Devacurl OneC and SetItFree for 1 year and those are the best products hands down for wash n gos (only style I wear). It has a thick creamy consistency with a citrus perfumey smell. I applied and let sit for about 5 min...my hair was completely detangled! Yes, you can detangle with this "shampoo"!!! After rinsing my hair felt moisturized and was incredibly shiny. It's pricey but for me the Deva system works. Will continue to purchase as long as my results are consistent.

Love this product. Ive used Deva Curl No Poo in the past and it works well but I find since my hair is colored blonde Deva Care no-poo is a bit more moisturizing. I love that its creamy but not thick and heavy. Just enough to smooth around and lift off build up. Once I wash this out my scalp feels refreshed and clean. My hair is so soft and hydrated. I am big fan of this product. Wish they would lower the price a little though.

I have very fine curls and always avoided "cream" products as I was afraid they would weigh my hair down. I, like most people, believed shampoo needs to foam up to really clean the hair. WAY WRONG. I have been using No-Poo for about 3 years now and my hair has never looked better. My curls are smooth with tons of vibrance and shine. They bounce more and are so soft. I even started taking a small bottle with me to the salon when I got my hair cut. After getting my hair washed at the salon, I would notice the texture would me messed up for days. My curls would feel dry and frizzy and my ringlets wouldn't form properly. I use all of the DevaCurl products now and I'll never switch to anything else.

love the Deva system - the No-Poo is nice because it gets rid of the product still in your hair plus leaves your hair soft (before conditioning). **I only use it about twice a week.

Initially, I felt threatened by the cutesy "Poo" print glaring back at me from the label of a bottle I considered lathering all over my head. Then again this product did take a dump on my hair after about a month. I now judge books by their cover. This product was definitely too strong alone, but bearable as a clarifying shampoo with half parts conditioner. Even then, I can only use it once biweekly at most. It's not what I'm looking for as a clarifying shamp, because my hair needs 3 times the product to style so it stays frizz-free & defined after using this super sparingly...poo.

At first I didn't really care for this product. Yes it is a good cleanser with an extra boost of moisture, but its not that great of a detangler so for the price, I know I can find something cheaper. But I must give credit where it's due. This no-poo restored my hair after I colored it. The color process left my hair stripped even after I washed, conditioned and oiled. Couple days later I pulled this out from under the sink and instantly felt my hair returning to its natural state. I personally wouldn't use this all the time but for hair emergencies I know this will get the job done.

a waste of money in my opinion. spent close to $100.00 for the "whole set" . i was so excited to use it on my bi racial daughters dry, frizzy, curls but it did nothing for her hair. her hair frizzed out in about an hours time and looked so dry. i was deeply disappointed.

Gentle, refreshing, detangling, cleansing. My hair is very dry, so it's going to take a while before I could use this without One Condition (if ever), but this is, by far, the most detangling, de-knotting cleanser I've used, and it leaves my hair less dry feeling than some other cleansing conditioners. No-Poo and Curl Junkie Daily Fix are both great for my hair. Daily Fix is better if my scalp seems oily, and No-Poo is the most gentle and hydrating.

So far the Deva curl products are my favorite for my 3b back 3c front curls. It has a light scent that is not overwhelming. It leaves my curls feeling really soft almost like a conditioner. Its a definite must try!

I am newly natural. This is my second time using this shampoo and I am definitely not pleased. I got the conditioner BC I like how it cleaned my hair but it left my hair way to dry. So I bought the deva one condition in hopes of improving my Deva Curl experience. However in the shower I washed my hair 4 times (I had braids in for a month) and during my last wash my hair began to tangled in clumps and ended up matted. I almost cried I looked like I had about 8 locks when I got out of the shower. I had to use jessicurls extra moisturizing conditioner and a tangle teaser. 4 hours later I was detangled. Good luck but I would definitely not recommend.

I love this product. my hair smells great after using it. I have a TWA and it leaves it soft and full.

OMG I think my hair is in LOVE with this product. My hair felt SO soft and my curls were popping. I will definitely try this again.

When I started using Deva, I used the DevaCurl and really disliked them. Since I have changed to the DevaCare line, I am in love with them. They all smell wonderful and leave my hair beautiful.

Is it me or does this shampoo almost not need a conditioner after you rinse. This is by far the best shampoo I ever used because I was able to run my fingers through my hair without having to apply the conditioner. Definitely worth every penny. I would have rated it 5 curls if it smelled better.

Is it me or does this shampoo feel like it almost doesn't need a conditioner afterwards? I was able to run my fingers through it without them getting stuck in a knot. I love this shampoo and I have to say it's worth every penny. I would have given 4 curls if it had a sweeter scent.

Completely dried my hair out. I've tried this product 2x. Once over a year ago and then again recently. Both times my hair turned dry and brittle. I also experienced more hair coming out during washing than with any other shampoo.

I've tried other sulfate free shampoo's and this is the best one, hands down. It's very moisturizing and cleans the hair and scalp really well. No matter what else I try, I always come back to this one.

Love this cleanser, it's my staple product. It smells great (turkish rose and peppermint), I always get compliments on the scent. Also, it's not drying and the peppermint gives your scalp a cooling sensation. Only 4 curls because it's kinda pricey, but I buy it anyway.

I am very impressed with the Deva Curl line of products. I use the no-poo followed by the one conditioner, then I stlye with the angel gel. I love this product it smells great and it makes my hair look amazing. This is the best my hair has ever looked. I love Deva Curl!!! I also use marc anthony"s Curl Envy Perfect Curl Cream, I mix it with the Deva curl angel gel.

This is NOT Glycerin free!!! The formula has changed and customer service did not respond to my email pointing this out!!! Their are many chemicals listed on the bottle that are not listed here.

I don't like the smell too much, but it's doable. This stuff is great. Feels cleansing but not stripping and adds a bit of moisture. Great slip as well.

My hair was more tame after just one use and as time goes on, just after two weeks, my hair is looking fabulous. The only downside is the smell but I can live with that, it isn't that bad.

I love this no-poo alternative to shampoo! I’m an equine veterinary technician and sometimes after work my hair kind-of smells like a barn. While I co-wash most of the time, this product is great when I need a little extra freshening and “clarifying”. As a sensitive redhead, I’d prefer essential oils for scent over fragrance, but the smell is light and pleasant. I’ll never put poo in my hair again!

got this on a trial size, which I am glad cos it is just too expensive for its value...It wasn't bad, but it after having used other natural conditioners as cleanser before, i can say this is no difference...any good natural condish can work just as this but without the unnecessary price tag. I am giving it 3 stars cos it's not bad but not to die for either

I mistakenly left this review in the Devacare, but is actually meant for this product: Devacurl. Anyhow... This product defined all of my curls (even the 4a's) and was a creamy, non stripping no poo. After using this, I've stop using sulfate shampoos and continue to get silky clean hair. I'm only withholding the 5 rating for the price.

I have 4a/b hair. I've finally hit the jackpot with this product. It does exactly what it says. It gently cleansed and softened my hair. This will be one of my must have hair arsenals. The smell is also heavenly. Thank you DevaCurl.

Feels good, nice minty smell, and doesn't leave my hair tangled . Cleans a little too well for me... I don't think my hair is ever that dirty to have it feel this clean not stripped or straw like just super clean I'll stick to Jessicurl cleansing cream. But for those who get alot of build up or have dirty hair yeah this is for you.

I don’t like this No Poo because it weighs down my hair and makes it flat. It gives me too much moister. I like the DevaCurl’s Low Poo better than their No Poo. The Low Poo washes out of my hair no problem & it doesn’t strip my hair of moister. It also doesn’t leave anything on my scalp like most No Poo’s do. I would recommend the Low Poo over the No Poo any day!

Very gentle, but I'm prone to drying, so I can only use it on the roots every other day. Still, it's one of the better shampoos that I've tried.

I'm finally using the Curly Girl method for my 3b/3c curls. This is my second sulfate free shampoo trial. It's okay - better than the L'Oreal Sulfate Free, but not great. I had to use a LOT to do my whole scalp. It's not bad, but not great. I'm going to keep searching.

Not better than regular No-Poo for cleaning curls, and I can't see that it's effectively preventing fade. It does deposit something on the hair, but again, it's not worth it and here's why: It has permanently marred my towels and grout with a stain that ends up being green/brown and NOTHING can take it out, even after literally hours of scrubbing. Going back to regular NoPoo.

i absolutley love this product! i used to have extremely puffy, frizzy hair. (i have a lot of hair and it is very wavy so that made it puff A LOT) i use this product and its amazing! my hair is curly and its actually flat!! i love my hair this way. i used to always wear it up because i didnt like the way it looked, but now i always wear it down. there is only 1 thing i dont like about it, but i can deal. its that you cant put your hair up when you get out of the shower and its wet, you have to leave it alone and pretty much not touch it. but overall i love this product and i love the changes it has made to my hair!

I had a devacut for the first time, and the stylist used devacurl on me. I liked the results but bought devacare as she didn't explain any difference other than scent. There IS a huge difference in the products. This DevaCare No-poo is HEAVY, Frizz-inducing, and dry. Perhaps because my hair does not have heat or chemical damage but was just very dry, the product may have been too much for me. Devacare and devacurl are VERY different. My 3b/c curls love kinky curly though and the feel, smell, and price are much better.

after swithching from a cheap co was conditioner and gel to devacurl's no poo, one condition, angel, and set it free, my hair has never looked better1 it is now shiny healthy springy moisturized frizz free perfect ringlets. it smells amazing too! it works for me but the only drawback is the price however its not much of a drawback because each bottle lasts forever and ever

This is wonderful stuff! I've been using Deva products only for about 3 years now, and my hair is healthy, curly, and managable. I get compliemtns frequently, and that was not the case before I went Deva. I use the No-poo, One condiotion, and AnGell.

I really wanted to like the Devacurl line. My stylist told me about it and so I gave it a try (probably for longer than I should have). At first, the no-poo was okay. I actually like the smell and it felt nice, but after awhile, my hair got dryer, and dryer, and dryer...AND it felt like there was a lot of build-up. The end result was dry, dull, lifeless hair. I even used the One Condition with it. I will go elsewhere for my CG products.

Surprisingly I saw this in a Rite Aid drug store, and after "cyberstalking" all the curlies and posts on this website, I just HAD to try it. I really like this product. MY 3c hair has a tendency to become absolutely brittle if I'm not careful, and since starting my "no cone" routine, it's been a real challenge to find a product that can moisturize my tresses. Personally, I like the scent-- and this doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped like normal shampoos. In fact, I also have the One Condition (yes, bought that too) and find that I don't even need to use it after using the No-Poo! The only reason I gave it 4 curls is because of the price. Other than that, I'm very satisfied and I would definitely consider repurchasing-- it's cheaper than my favorite "no poo", which is the Wen Almond Mint cleansing conditioner.

I never got the hang of co-washing-- it left my 3c/4a kinks and curls looking dull and unclean so I tried this No-Poo. I tried the old type first and found that my hair was left nice and clean, shiny and without the feeling of residue from co-washing. I've been using it for about four months now and I like the new type better, it has a more pleasant smell and I feel like I don't have to use as much. I only wash 2x per week and I have no issues with build-up but I do clarify once per month. This is my go to shampoo and I don't think I'll ever change.

Seems to clean the scalp and not weigh hair down or dry it out. I've been using DevaCurl products for a year now and can definitely see that my hair is healthier with the no-poo and one condition system. My stylist has even commented on the change.

Love, love, love this product. It seemed a bit odd not having lather when washing my hair but I got over it after seeing how much healthier my hair looks. I play a lot of tennis so I sweat a lot. Usually use this product 2 - 3 times a week the rest of the time I just rince my hair really well and let dry on its own as recommended in the book Curly Girl. Also use the Conditioner and AnGel. The results of all 3 products is great.

This didn't seem to work well for me. At first, my hair and scalp felt great, but after a few uses, I had build-up (which I had just taken pains to get rid of). I think I will stick with my usual low poo cleanser instead. I also disliked the smell of this product, which although faint, still smelled like my grandmother's powdery scent.

My hair was never so soft and shiny until I switched to Deva No-poo. Even my friends noticed.

This moisturizes my hair like a conditioner. If you look at the ingredients it even has some of the same things that you would find in a conditioner. The downside is though, since it doesn't lather, you end up using more to get the same coverage, but I tend to avoid this by diluting it with a quick duck under the showerhead, then pulsing it down the hair to the ends. I'd give this a 5 but I have two issues with this. The peppermint and menthol can be irritating on sensitive skin/scalp, and the use of parfum/fragrance. It's just been discovered that some products that use the general "fragrance" have chemicals in it that are highly carcinogenic. Maybe it being the last ingredient it has very little amount but being a product junkie it all builds up, so now I tend to avoid things with fragrance/parfums listed on the bottle, unless it's already naturally derived.

I loved the true clean-feel this gave my hair but this product stripped all moisture from my hair - it is still damaged from using this product only a couple of times. I am always up for trying new products but this is the one I truly regret.

My hair has gone through years of abuse from straightening it too frequently, just recently colouring, and not taking care of it. All of this took a serious tole on my hair, leaving it dry and hay-like. I've used TONS of different brands of shampoos for dry hair and the harsh chemicals in them made my hair even worse. I decided to go No-Poo, just to see if it would make a difference- and it did! My hair isn't nearly as dry and rough as before. The smell is soothing and feels great as I rub it in. I'm so glad I found this line!

I just cannot understand why this is the best of the best! It totally dried my hair out, smelled awful, and I needed about 10 pumps just to detangle! My hair was so dry because of the menthol that it frizzed out all the time and even started breaking. Would not recommend.

I think this shampoo is great sometimes, other times I think it leaves a build up on my hair. I absolutely love it for my daughters hair though, she is 3 and has curly hair and it's all I have to use for her hair to look excellent.

I love this product. I use this every 2 days with the DevaOne conditioner on my 3c/4a curls. The results are soft shiny curls that look great even the second day.

Great stuff and lightly conditions as it cleanses.

I haven't tried other sulfate-free shampoos yet, but I think I've had fairly good results. Definitely takes getting used to from regular shampoos, but my hair has been so much more moisturized since switching! Sometimes I notice it is harder to get rid of build up and my scalp to feel really clean but it is still much more preferrable than dry, flaky, fried shampoo scalp!

Nice at first, but it started building up and my hair stopped curling and felt flat. I had to use a clarifying shampoo to get the body and bounce back. I love other products from Deva, but this is a no-go for me

Ugh! This product is awful! It smells absolutely horrible! It absolutely took my ringlets away! It may work for other people but did not cooperate with mine!

I love this product. I'm usually one to jump from one cleanser to another, but I think I have found my true love.

I bought the no poo shampoo and one condition from Deva curl with high hopes. I could not have been more wrong. My hair felt coarse and wiry after using the products. I paid more for these than I did with my previous shampoo and conditioner. My hair is dry and wiry and my scalp feels itchy. They are certainly not worth the money!

Hair felt moisturized, soft and clean.

Love this! My favorite so far. My hair is silky soft and no tangles.

This review is for the DevaCurl (green) No-Poo. I left a very positive review on the other page because at first I was very happy with the shampoo and pleasantly surprised how well it cleaned... but now I'd like to change my review (and can't do so, so I'm writing it here). After a week of using the no-poo exclusively, one morning I woke up with hair that felt dry and rough AND like it had a ton of product in it, even though it had nothing. I noticed this building up over the week but didn't stop using the no-poo until I woke up with dry, tangled hair that morning. I had done nothing different that week, just use the No-Poo and One Condition exclusively. I've since switched to drugstore CG conditioners and haven't had that problem since. No more DevaCurl shampoo or conditioner for me!

4as BEWARE!!!! I brought this product along with the condition one and it was like a nitemare; it turned my super soft managable hair to dry, brittle MESS!! you dont get what you pay for when it comes to Devacare b/c i my v05 conditioners which cost me $1 gets the job done, it even got my hair back the way it use to be. THIS PRODUCT ISNT FOR KINCKY HAIR i which more 4s would have written reviews then i wouldnt be tempted to try this.I am soo disappointed. WHAT A WASTE!!!

My super-curly, parched and thin hair loves this shampoo. But I noticed a couple of weeks ago my scalp began flaking, almost like I have Psoriasis. (And I never have had *any* kind of scalp problems.) I thought it was me, until I read other reviews on here. I too have tried the massages and working this shampoo through my hair longer. Nothing worked, I still got those gross oily, flakey chunks. I traded the No Poo for the Lo-Poo shampoo, and the Lo-Poo seems to work better for my hair and scalp. (I pair this with the Deva One Conditioner.)

I definitely noticed a lot more curl in my hair immediately after I started using this. After a few weeks tho, my hair became really heavy and it felt like I had a ton of product in my hair even tho I didn't. I honestly didn't notice a bit of difference in the frizz factor while using the Deva line. I won't be buying again.

I didn't think this would work. I hate to admit that for some reason I have always thought that suds=clean, but there it is. I was so pleasantly surprised by this stuff, it really cleans, smells good and leaves my scalp feeling great.

I'm really blown away by this. I bought the trial size extremely skeptical that it would do anything other than just deposit botanicals on my scalp. I really didn't believe it could really clean. I was wrong. It really does dissolve all oil, grease, and dirt from your scalp. 1 point off for the price only... I don't know if I can keep spending this much on a shampoo I use daily!

I first tried this product by purchasing the travel pack. I wanted to try it out before I committed to the full bottle. With other shampoos, my scalp would itch; I even tried organic shampoos. This leaves no residue or build up, cleanses hair and scalp, and my curls are the best they've been in decades. I highly recommend this product.

I love this. The No-Poo is so gentle on my hair. It leaves my hair clean, soft, detangled and moisturized. My curl pattern looks amazing when I use this. Plus it smells like an orange creamsicle. This is everything I want in a shampoo!!!

Great cleanser--really cleans hair without weighing down my roots like a regular cowash.

I've been pleased with the performance of the No Poo and would definitely purchase it again. However, I've had better, more consistent results with other products.

I really found this shampoo to be moisturizing... but too moisturizing for my hair. It weighed down my curls and made it feel heavy.

I love this shampoo it doesn't dry my hair out!!

This (like Devacurl No Poo)dried my hair out so bad, my hair was tangled badly and felt dry even after i applied a conditioner. If you hae thick hair and want a cleansing cream that will cleanse AND moisturize your hair, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! I only used this bcause my regular cleanising cream/conditioner is out of stock (Blended Beauty Cleansing Conditioner)

This is a good product. The no lather took some getting used to, but this actually cleansed my hair. It smells great, but I'm going to look for a similar cheaper product so it is likely that I won't get this too often.

Love this product, it works great and smells great. I'm glad I came back to deva!

Love it. My curls are always inconsistent. I have my very good and just plain terrible hair days. But the first day I used this product my curls came back to life. It looked like someone took a curling iron to my whole head! Perfect pair to the One Condition and Angell.

While this worked great for my hair it did horrible things to my scalp. I think I am allergic to one of the ingredients. I switched to the Jessicurl cleansing cream and the problem cleared right up. My stylist, who specializes in curly hair, has had other clients complain of similar reactions to the Devacurl no-poo. I have had no problems with any of the other Devacurl products.

I really love this!! It cleanses and moisturizes! I do use regular conditioners to co-wash with but this is the best for co-washing for me! Great Product!!!

I'm really happy with it.

I wanted to point out that the ingrdients have changed. The newest version has cocamidopropyl betaine and glycerin, the old version does not. I've only tried the new version and I really like it. It works so much better for me than using inexpensive drug store condtioners for washing. Love the minty scent. I didn't give it 5 curls because I like to alternate this with both low and sulfate-containing shampoos. Otherwise, my fine hair gets too weighed down.

This product seemed to work at first. My hair felt softer but after two months my scalp is starting to itch and my hair got frizzier. I used it with the Deva one conditioner.

I'm a 3A and I love this product. My hair is very fine so I use Angell mixed half and half with the lavendar mist recipe in the Curly Girl book. Mix it in a spray bottle and squirt away. I holds my hair just enough. And it doesn't smell bad either.

I am surprised I actually like this, I didn't think a no poo would make my scalp and hair feel clean but it does. And without making my hair dry.

I was looking to replace my blended beauty cleansing conditioner so i tried this. It is not as moisturizing as blended beauty,but it cleanses just the same and leaves an even better scent on my hair.

I love this product. No build up no lathering. It's worth the money spent bc of the driving results.This product rids the other products previously used, so if your looking for a good quality Poo this is the one for you!!!

my curl type 3b/c. i had no problem with the no-poo concept, i've been using a conditioner for shampooing for quite some time. i have used several other Deva products and have had positive hair results. however the no-poo product left tangles in my hair, no shine, no bounce, and my hair began frizzing more and more during the day. (not a good look) think i'll stick to using "one condition", "arc angell" and "set it free" all by deva. no more... "no poo"....... rated one curl a/c it smells nice.

The perfect cleanser for curly hair. the ingredients help to break down bulid-up while giving the curl ever so needed moisture. help to keep my clients color in longer. Beautiful!!!!

This product is so amazing! It smells so good! I get compliments every time I am in a room with someone on how good it smells. It makes my scalp tingle and leaves my hair clean! Over-all love this product!

I love this product! My hair is so soft, hydrated and there is no build up! My scalp feels invigorated and my hair is clean but not stripped.

I was a little worried about using a non-traditional shampoo. This stuff is awesome! The peppermint is a nice added touch as well because it makes my scalp feel refreshed. It thoroughly cleans my hair without stripping the moisture. It's hard to explain, but it really does work! Also, the smell from the bottle doesn't seem to impressive, but in the shower it's fine. Just a light rose and peppermint smell. Nothing overbearing.

Consistently great results especially when followed by Deva conditioner, gel and set it free.

Love it. Love it. Love it. I go between this and the Low-Poo. The Low-Poo I use when I plan on doing a deep condition, so once a week. And the No-Poo I use once a week. Other than that, I wash with the One-Condition. And I must say that my hair is always in fabulous condition. The DevaCurl line has done wonders for my hair!

This did nothing to moisturize my hair. Not happy with this line

I like the mintly smell and it left my hair feeling like it still had moisture in it. Very mild!

A nice cond.-wash. Cleans without stripping my hair.

Hair Type: 3b I love this product. I have tried other no lather type shampoos but love the soft fragrance and clean feel of my hair after using this product.

My curls have never looked better since starting the DevaCurl line. My 3A/3B hair forms ringlets more easily and doesn't frizz. The lack of lather doesn't bother me at all, my hair still feels clean and I haven't found buildup to be a problem.

Started using the 3step deva curl process and really like the No Poo shampoo. this shampoo is better on my hair than may of the other curly hair products. my best results are using it consistently for 1-2 weeks. i see the best curls on a consistent basis. 2B

This is the only shampoo which does not dry out my hair. If traditional lather dries out your hair, try this!

leaves the hair feeling quite and clean and fresh without detergents.

I'm a Low Poo user that was skeptical that this could actually clean your hair and scalp. I figured that massage alone was all you need unless you are doing a real washing. I was wrong, this works. However, being a One Condition and Set It Free user, I can see build-up being a problem with this. I wish there was something being between Low Poo and No Poo. I would imagine that if you had very healthy, almost never frizzy or dry hair (which is like none of us on this site), this would work as the only shampoo/conditioner you would need.

Love this product- lovely, subtle scent, nice tingly sensation, it leaves my fine but bountiful hair clean and luscious, without being stripped. One very happy customer.

This is my favorite shampoo. I can't imagine using anything else. Other shampoos strip my hair of moisture. This one cleanses my hair while maintaining the moisture I need.

This was recommended to me by a new stylist, Kristen James (ATL), and I went ahead to purchase and try it. Horrible - stinks like nail polish remover AND my hair still feels dirty afterwards. Other DevaCurl products have worked well, but certainly NOT THIS ONE!

Great fragrance and initially made my hair look and feel great. The no-lather idea took a bit of getting used to. However, I found that after using this product for a while my hair got more and more dull... not sure why. I won't be using this again.

This is by far the best poo for curly hair...it absolutly does the job, leaving the most sensual and silky curls...a must have!

I love all of the DevaCurl products, and my 3B hair looks better than it has in my entire life since I've been using this shampoo for that last 4 months. My hair is growing at a phenomenal rate, and shines like crazy! It takes some getting used to, however, because it does not lather at all.

Bleh. I bought into the whole "no poo" thing from the salesperson. Bought the whole angell line from deva curl. My hair is just as dry and unhappy as if I were using the cheapest drugstore poison. I feel like this does nothing for my hair- and have been using it for over a month. Cannot recommend.

I love No-Poo and One Condition. I starting using them about a month ago and I have noticed a real improvement in the condition of my hair. I grew up in the 60's during the "Twiggy" years and hated my curly hair then, but through the years with the help of an understanding husband, I have learned to accept and, now with the help of Deva Curl, love my hair. I found your website when I read Lorraine Massey's Naturally Curly book. I have hair exactly like hers, very dry with corkscrew curls. I tried Afro-American products but they are too oily for my fine hair. This has to be the best regimen for my hair that I have found. I noticed my hair curls better without the silicones too. I am hooked on this stuff. I also like the Angell gel. The fragrance of all the products is great, but I especially like the smell of Angell, it smells like apples.

I thought I was doing my curls a favor by trying this shampoo, but it left my hair feeling like I had never washed it at all. I was extremely disappointed. What a waste of time and money!

I will have to say this didn't do much for me and I never liked the smell really. Nothing I would keep on using but well worth a try for peoople with REALLY dry scalp and hair.

Terrible for me. It was much too heavy. Left my hair feeling greasy and filmy and weighted down.

I can say I love the scent of this product...but the product didn't work well for my hair. For some reason it always felt as if I didn't rinse it out completely and left my hair feeling icky, and it made me break out around my forehead. On the other hand, I use in my daughters culy hair and it always looks beautiful. So, all I can say is test it for yourself.

A pretty gentle poo. Easily distributed thru my hair and didn't leave it dry when rinsed. Some uncharacteristic, dry fluff at the ends after using. Also, it didn't give me the menthol prickly sensation nearly *as* bad or soon as the Wen cleansers, but I still don't understand why menthol needs to be in there at all when it only makes it "feel" like the poo is doing something since it's not lathering.

After using DevaCurl's complete line, my hair felt dry. My color was stripped.

I'm torn on this product. Sometimes I get good results. Sometimes it's the same as any ole conditioner-wash. Unfortunately, my results have been inconsistant.

This is my absolute favorite cleanser in the world. I am always bewildered at how much better this works than a simple CO wash. I also loved the Devacurl No Poo, but I have a slight preference to the smell of the Devacare line.

I love the DevaCare No-poo. It is the gentlest cleanser I've found yet.

The smell is what stopped me from using this product, but it still did a good job of cleansing my hair nevertheless! I would have given this product 4 stars, but due to the smell, I only knocked off 1!

Finally I got this after being on the CG Routine for 3 months. I love it! My scalp feels clean and hydrated. The smell is also a bonus. As with all DevaCurl products it's light, yet refreshing.

I really like this product. It cleans my hair and scalp well, and sets things up nicely to be detangled later on with One Condition. But mostly I love the scent. I mean, I really LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the scent. Sometimes I just need to walk into the bathroom in the middle of the day and just sniff it. Yum!

This product really started to build up with continued use. At first it left my hair feeling soft, but by day two it felt weighed down and fuzzy, with extreme frizz. The amodimethicone in it, probably.

I love the smell of No-Poo! I find it to really cleanse my scalp. I massage it and leave in for a few minutes and follow up with the rest of the Devacurl line. I found that the scent lingers for a day or two which I don't mind.

A curly haired girl's dream come true!!!!!

The best cleanser I have tried. It leaves my scalp feeling and looking clean, my hair is soft and my curls are happy. It's also detangling and smells nice. I will definitely buy this again!

Since I stopped using sulfates, it is hard to find a good shampoo. I really like the No-Poo though. My hair doesn't feel stripped at all, but moisturized. Doesn't cause tangles and leaves hair soft. I like it much better than Jessicurl's Hair Cleansing Cream.

I really like this product! It cleans my hair but doesn't leave it feeling stripped the way shampoos do.

Excellent product. Scalp is left feeling clean, fresh and tingly. Definitely a HG.

Extremely expensive considering that you can buy any light weight conditioner and rinse, as it has not cleansing properties. Definately not worth the money

This is a great cleanser! I find that my best hair days are now the days I "wash," which I never would have thought possible before CG and Devacurl. I just have so much volume at the roots and my hair feels almost weightless. The only reason I gave it 3 curls instead of 4 is because it doesn't completely get rid of my dandruff... then again, no traditional shampoo ever could either :-/ ETA: changed my review to 4 curls because i've changed my method of washing and it's helped the dandruff so much! i massage the no poo in for longer than i used to and so vigorously that my arms get tired, and it works!

This is a great scalp refresher. It smells invigorating (a blend of tingly peppermint and delicate rose) and while it has no "cleansing" agents, it is a great tool to use for frictioning the scalp. For an ultra mild 'hair' cleansing, I find the Low Poo to be a better bet. The No-Poo is a lot like a very, very lightweight conditioner... much like VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze with the added benefits of botanical extracts and the great scent.

I was surprised to like this! It is creamy white and thicker than I thought it would be. It cleans well without drying, I even use it as a facial cleanser without any irritation. Very happy with this product.

Love, love, LOVE this stuff! This is the only shampoo I've used where my hair looks best the day of shampooing, rather than a few days down the road. This is an effective, yet very gentle clarifier. It removes tangles and leaves my hair really soft and shiny.

Finally a cleanser that my hair and scalp agrees with! I feel like it was custom-made for my hair's needs. I have a big tangle problem, or maybe I should say I 'had'. But whenever I use the No-Poo, I can feel the tangles disappearing before I even apply conditioner! I can just glide my fingers through my hair when I have this applied to it. I love how it makes my scalp feel clean and tingly, and the smell is very refreshing. I like to use it in combination with One Condish, and the results are amazing for my tangled fine hair! 3 big cheers for No-Poo!

I really like this cleanser. It's gentle & works well. I like the way it smells & it leaves my hair feeling clean & soft.

I alternate between this and Loo-Poo. One of the gentlest cleansers available.

A revolutionary product - truly different - that cleanses the hair unlike any traditional shampoo. Very gentle.

Love this stuff. Smells great, detangles better than just about anything, leaves hair soft and scalp clean. Be careful how you store it though--I had a bottle go bad on me.

When I was on the CG routine, this was the best clarifier imaginable. My scalp was always clean and my hair was always soft.

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum)
Ingredient Attributes: moisture, frizz control, anti-humectant