anti-humectant sun protectant

Joico JoiGel Firm

8.5 oz | Styler

Product Rating: 3.67 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 3 reviews) Login to add your review

Designed for: Firm-hold gel styling Benefits: * Provides excellent support, control and shine for styling without flaking. * UV protectants condition and protect against daily env Read More...

I'm 3b/c. Love this. I use it over my leave-in conditioner and it locks the moisture right in. I end up with soft bouncy, well-formed curls. It adds a lot of shine to my hair too! The price is more than fair too because I only have to use a little bit each time.

I give this five stars for MY use of it, and I don't like firm hold gels. :) I use this on days when I don't mind losing a bit of softness/touchability in order to get volume/lift at crown/framing bangs. I much prefer medium hold gel, but the JoiGel Firm is one of the few CG ways I can get a decent lift at crown and keep bangs from just drooping over my forehead and temples, and rather, get an attractive bit of "shelf lift" that frames face better. I do not use this on whole head unless it's a superduper humid August/September Miami day, cause all firm gels give me a crunchy-ish, producty look (and i hate that). But, when you need frizz control, more root lift/volume, this works quite well.

too heavy, made my waves very producty-looking

Deionized Water, PVP/VA Copolymer, Acrylates/C10/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Potassium Dimethicone Copolyol Panthenyl Phosphate, Hydrolyzed Sweet Almond Protein, Phospholipids, Catalase, Horseradish (Armoracia Rusticans) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Coffee (Coffea Arabica) Extract, Kelp (Macrocystis Pyrifera) Extract, Carbomer, Octoxynol-9, Isoceteth-20, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Quaternium-15, Ext. D&C Violet #2
Ingredient Attributes: anti-humectant, sun protectant