frizz control anti-humectant

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream

10.2oz | Conditioner, Leave-in Conditioner, Styler

Product Rating: 3.35 Curls (Rated 3/5 based on 71 reviews) Login to add your review

Specially created to smooth dry, unmanageable hair and contains Nutritive Fruit Micro-Oils - an innovative combination of apricot and avocado oils, and vitamins B3 and B6. Hair is 5x stronger, 5x smoo Read More...

It's ok, i have to use quite a bit of it and i really have to shake my hair to get any volume. It has glycerin in it so.. Not the best for where i live. Theres better products that are sulfate-free! Only got it because the store got rid of my usual stuff.

I have thick, tightly coiled 4A hair that absolutely LOVES this stuff. I use it after every wash, and it really does an excellent job of detangling and moisturizing my hair. As an added bonus, it smells AMAZING.

3B,3C AND WAVY Its whatever, it really didn't seem like it worked at all, it just seems like it makes the hair more dry and frizzy

I have used this product for a while. What is odd: my bottle says it has argan oil in it (among other things,) and that is not listed *here*. BTW Before assuming that any chemical-looking word means it is a no-no..some words with "_fate" or "_cone" don't mean they're sulfates parabens, and not all alcohols are drying alcohols. We have to read the list of ingredients on Curly-Nikkis that are ok and not ok. Some words are *very* similar so don't assume. Anyway, my hair itself is a mixed chick. It's sorta 3B but not thick, some 3A even a little 2C and 3C. It can look like L'il Orphan Annie on one day, and another look long and bushy and another smooth and curly. My hair is to my shoulders, but It shrinks up to my chin after washing and is *very* dry. Now--my experience with Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave-In This conditioner works very very well. I can use it after I wash and condition in the shower, and I can use it when my hair is dry and getting even drier..;-) It softens and it does smooth, (though not so that my curls are straightened!). It curls up nicely and feels good and soft and is manageable afterward and I'm also glad it helps with frizz...though it doesn't do a great job iwth frizz, it does help. I didn't get any waxy coating and, even while I later bought the Garnier's "Frizz- Calm- Down" and L'Oreal's "Ever-Sleek smoothing leave-in" with lots of great oils in it, too.. *This* "Garnier Smooth and Shine Leave-In" works best. I figured it was the argan oil, which may or may not be in it anymore. If it does have silicones in it, then I won't buy it again.. I *didn't* see it listed, but some companies use ingredients that simply have different names.

I really love this product, though I'm pretty sure it has silicones, which is the only downfall. It helps control my hair as a leave in, and does not build up. The consistency and scent is wonderful. I always come back to this staple leave in.

It's not bad, but it's not great either. I use this before I use my gel moisturizer that way I have more hydration for my very dry hair. It's okay for the price I guess, don't know if I'll buy it again though...

I have waste long 2c hair, and this seems to be my bread and butter. It smooths out the frizz .and defines the curls/waves. It only works on damp hair for me. The routine is to spritz water on the ends and add the conditioner. It looks great after a few days. It all washes out without a problem. My hair usually gets used to things quickly and stops working...this seems to have some staying power.

I have low porosity hair so this just wasn't enough to moisturize my hair, it also left a residue. My daughter has 2C hair and loves it though. Smells okay and has no stickiness. It worked okay for frizz on both our hair types. It leaves her hair smooth, but not really soft. After days of research I bought AG fast food (for myself) last night :)

Eh, it had a little moisture. But I didn't feel like it penetrated the hair shaft or really did anything. And these ingredients are crap.

So far so good...I have 3B hair and it is extremely thick! it sucks up moisture like its nothing. But i use this out the shower on my damp hair. I do have to use a lot just because i have so much hair. But i concentrate mostly on the top of my head (or the roots) and my edges...and i think it helps a lot. my hair and edges dont look so dry and it adds a nice natural looking shine. i recommend this product for people with very thick hair because it is a thick cream.

I bought this because I have to travel soon and it came in a bottle that was small and light and it was also very cheap at 3 dollars. I applied it in my hair while it was wet along with my regular products and although it was rather thick I distributed the product evenly enough to not get any build up. I loved the smell of this leave in, it is very strong and fruity so if you don't like strong sweet smelling products this isnt for you. My hair felt good the day that I styled it, It felt soft but no softer than it usually feels. After a couple of days my hair began feeling dry and I could feel a bit of residue that was slightly sticky on top of the dryness. My hair is usually soft no matter how long I go between washes and styling so I did not like how it felt and this was the only new product I used. I think it would be okay to use if you wash your hair daily but after more than a day it didn't make my hair feel very good. I may still use it but I won't re purchase it.

I was using this as a daily moisturizer...or trying to because it doesn't contain any protein. Unfortunately it is full of silicon and wax that built up on my hair and made it ineffective after a few days. This may be great for those who wash their hair more frequently but for my weekly and sometimes fortnightly washings it is too coating. It is somewhat effective at what it claims to do (anti humectant) but as I mentioned above it will only work for you if you wash your hair frequently and probably even better if you have looser curls.

I call this my $3 bottle of good enough. I use it on wet hair usually and I love it...for the price. I would compare it to Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style milk.. I think it's a good glycerin free winter product and I can use it on wet or dry hair. The one cone is not a deal breaker,

Leaves my hair really soft but it does not work well with other non-garnier products. It leaves a white film on my hair that I have to wash out to get rid of. Its kind of a pain that I can't use all of my holy grail products together.

Smells awesome. But had cones in it! Not curly girl friendly!

Looking at the ingredients, I don't know why my hair loves this product so much. But it just makes my hair sooooo moisturized. I love it :) I haven't tried the curl and shine yet, but I plan to.

Makes my hair soft and smells nice but it doesn't get rid of my frizz, at all! :( I have type 2c, 3a and 3b curls mostly 3a and 3b.

I love this stuff I am new to all of this curly girl stuff and so was looking for a leave in and I'm so glad I found it! This product defines and holds my curls all on its on. I literally can use this as my styling product also. And it also gives me some shine before i apply any oil.

This works amazing with 3B hair! I also found that there's A lot of deals on it at CVS plus coupons online! This helps because I go through it like water! :)

Love this stuff. Works well for just-washed hair and tends to keep frizz out. However, I also put some Aussie Mousse in my hair for total control. Together, they're awesome.

I love this product. I have been using this for quite a while. Was especially great during my transition. I keep it as a staple for moisturizing on 2nd and 3rd day hair.

Absolutely love this stuff! Leaves my hair soft and shiny and takes care of most of my frizz!

Smells great, makes your hair feel soft at the moment but definitely not that great.

i LOVE love love this stuff. My hair love this too ! lol i have thick 3b,4a,some 4b,and mostly 4c and this stuff gets the job for me ^-^

Leaves a great moisture , i Leave it in the whole day then rinse out next morning . Great products

The only leave-in I've relied on for about 2 years now. Smells good and keeps my hair soft and manageable. Although I'm "CG" I can't seem to get rid of this product! Might try a new leave-in though, for CG sakes.

Hair is soft and less frizzy but every once and a while my hair feels greasy after using this.

This is an awesome product!!!!!! If I could give it ten curls I would! I've been using this product for like 5 years and it is the only leave in conditioner I rely on. This is definately for types 3a and 3b and maybe 3c(if you use like a half dollar size amount).

locks in the moisture in my hair, keeps out frizz, and goes great with garnier fructis surf hair

This was a waste of money. My hair was still dry even after using 3/4 of the bottle. You will make out better with the Garnier Triple Conditioner for your leave in. My roots are super thick and super curly so if your hair is anything like mine then don't waste your money on this.

This product was not too good at all. It didn't hold up that good throughout the day. The smell was okay but the product wasnt doing any justice. My curls were not as full as they could have been. Just a great product to moisturize with really.

This is one of the worst products I have ever tried. It left my hair dry and brittle. However, It is great when you add water, oil and another leave in cream conditioners to be used as a pre-poo product. Message: When products don't work for what you intended or bought them for you can always alternate them to make them work for you, After a while you can tell what needs to be added to a product to make it work. I.e. oil, water or a cream product maybe even grease.

This was ok 4 mi hair but, i would like to find something better to moisturize it because it wasn't amazing but, not bad at the same time

I love this leave in its really awesome!!!! I've never had a problem with it and I us it every time I wash my hair. It leaves my hair soft and shiny and all I have to do it put it on :) defiantly worth the $4

Hate it makes my hair look like a frizz ball and all greasy

This leave in is crap! You want a good one go out and get 12 benefits! Best product for my curls ever! Since I started using it 3 months ago my hair is super soft and shiny! Spend the extra money way worth it!

I used this leave in today after a long time of using more expensive products, it works great.

kept caking up in my daughters hair. left it felling gross then it would frizz out. but i paid five bucks for it.

I love this leave in so much! i have used this for years, and no matter how many leave in conditioners i try, i always go back to this. i went from full on CG to mod CG mostly because i missed using this! it eliminates soo much frizz, and poof. if i put a lot in, it weighs down my poofy hair enough but unlike others, for some reason i have never gotten residue from this. for mid day touchups i dampen the hair and smooth on a tiny pea sized dollop of this and it works like magic! it makes my hair soft, smooth, much less frizzy/poofy, and defines a bit. i use it everyday and love it! also i never have had build up from this.

I love it. Has very good slip!!

Cool! Use every day!

It smells awesome and I love how its creamy and easy to apply; however, it does leave a white residue if not constantly rubbed in and it does not "play" well with gels, it gets clumpy

I like this product but sometimes it leave a white residue in my hair. I normally use Knot Today as a leave in but in a pinch this does just as good of a job. I have to just make sure to get the white residue out with more water.

I use this product in my hair daily. I put a small amount in my hair right when I get out of the shower, then comb through a curl-defining gel (from the Pantene curls line) right after. This product hugely cuts down on frizz and leaves my curls really soft and defined.

Love this stuff! I put it in my soaking wet hair right out of the shower and my hair dries shiny and smooth. Makes your hair feel super soft and smells great. Only 4 curls because it does have 1 slightly soluble cone and I had to give it up to go full on CG. :(

Love this!! Smells good and is soft. When I put it in my hair it defines the curls and has a silky feeling in it...yummy!!!

Thinking that garnier had good products I bought this, it worked well when first applied but made my hair feel really dry and looked dull after my hair dried :(

i love this stuff, i use it every day.

For me this worked since I have loose big waves and some loose big curls so this worked for me!

It was good but it gave me split ends

My hair is dry and really unmanageable. This really helped my hair. It helped detangle my hair and it helped my crazy frizz. Do not put a lot of it in your hair because it will leave residue and weigh down your hair. Other than that i like it:)

I use this everyday. When I have unmanageable hair I just put some of this in and it is nice and manageable again. The only thing is, is if you put too much is or don't put it it evenly then it can cause clumps or a wet look. I highly recommend this product.

This is one of the worst products I've ever used. I mixed it with olive oil to twist my hair and it would not mix well at all. It was chunky, Left residue on my hair, felt sticky, and didn't moisturize well. I threw away the bottle with half of it left. Wouldn't recommend this at all.

Being African American and Portuguese makes getting ready in the morning a huge task but with this product I can just blow and go. I love this product it turns my unruly wavy curls into sleek straight hair. I hate going to the salon and having to get a Brazilian blowout. This product makes it easier. And the smell. Omg out of this world.

Ehh.. Its okay. Used to use it but not anymore. It leaves white residue and weighs down my hair. My hair is poofy and let me tell you, saggy, frizzy poof does not suit it AT ALL. (3b/3c)

I used this a long time ago before going CG, & honestly can't remember. So why rate it? B/c girls, it's got a silicone-r u aware??? it was listed among CG friendly conditioners for under $10, but it's NOT CG FRIENDLY:( Any good it may have done my hair but not CG gets only 2*, sorry!

So far so good :)

This is a decent product. It does give shine and definition but weighs down the hair. Must use it on soaking wet hair or else you will have a white residue. Ehhh okay overall.

This did nothing for me unless my hair was soaking, and even then there was residue. Yikes. 2 Curls because it smelled wonderful.

Left residue on my hair that looked like dandruff. Though the directions say that you can use it on dry or wet hair, for me, my hair had to be soaking wet to insure no residue. It was somewhat moisturizing though.

Lasted me form the begaining of school (augest)through the next year up till july. Works okay with wet hair, doesn't work at all with dry hair. I would only use this product once because after the first few weeks it starts to dry out your hair, so it's kind of like a heating iron... looks awesome for a day but once you wash and dry your hair feels all rough.

I like this product a lot. I mix it with a curling serum and it does a great job for frizz! Thing is, it isn't as effective on dry hair as it is on wet, so i occasionally do have to use a separate product for during-the-day touch ups.

My substitute for the long gone curl and shine.

The price is right! This keeps most of the frizz out and defines curls. I was skeptical because products marketed to European decent curlies never works on me. But I was out of Ouidad's Quench gel so I had to use this and it is a mainstay. Detangler ability not too good.

very good!! helps with frizz and makes my hair smooth! :]

I tried this during the summer to tame my mane but unfortunately it just weighed my hair down and didn't really control the frizz. I'll probably use it on my ends or after getting out of the pool.

This product works very well for both twisting & air-drying and for blowing my hair out. I have very thick fuzzy hair and do have to use quite a bit of this product to keep the frizz down.

Yikes, this did nothing for my hair make the ends drier.

LOVE this stuff. it's moisturizing and defrizzes my hair. i use it every day. i will definitely keep this product on my shelf.

This stuff is awesome! My hair is soo soft and frizz free! I love it!

Good product. Very reasonable price. Only need a small amount of product. I bought a 10 oz bottle six months ago, still haven't finished the bottle.

water, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, cetyl esters, behentrimonium chloride, fragrance, methylparaben, avocado oil, trideceth-12, citric acid, apricot kernel oil, cetrimonium chloride, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, linalool, butylphenyl, methylpropional, citronellol
Ingredient Attributes: frizz control, anti-humectant