detangling frizz control

Joico Curl Definer

6.8 fl.oz. | Styler

Product Rating: 3.67 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 6 reviews) Login to add your review

* This cream gel provides a soft, flexible hold that maintains curl definition. * Resins resist humidity, while kukui nut and avocado oils add condition and shine. * Achieve defined curl Read More...

This is a decent curl definer. The first bottle of this smelled so bad but worked so well that I repurchaced. The second bottle smelled great, but doesn't define curls that well and the new lid sucks. It gets product everywhere. I will use this up but will not repurchace. I may buy AG Re:coil instead.

I found this product made my hair feel soft but didn't hold my curl definition! By mid-day my hair was frizzy! I've since found though that if I apply the Joico JoiWhip over this it works much better. The JoiWhip holds definition all day, while the Curl Definer keeps my hair from becoming crunchy and leaves my curls feeling soft.

No hold and very little clumping. I bought this instead of Joiwhip and am rethinking...

It was SUCH a relief to find this product. My holy grail styling product has been Kinky Curly Curling Custard in the shower, scrunching out the excess with a towel and Joico Joiwhip just before diffusing. As any curly girl can relate to, having found her holy grail styling products, panic struck when I realized that I couldn't locate a travel size of the Joiwhip that's "legal" for carry-on baggage for one night business trips. I really don't want to check baggage just to be able to take a 10.2 ounce can of mousse with me! I bought the Curl Definer Creme/Gel to test it out. Lo and behold, my hair came out even better with this product than with the Joiwhip (and I can pour it into TSA friendly travel sized bottles for those overnight business trips). No frizz during diffusing, nor after scrunching it once dry (I have no idea if that would be the case without the KCCC in my hair, as well). I may even exchange the three cans of Joiwhip I just purchased for this instead! My hair dries a little faster with this than with the Joiwhip mousse.

I love this stuff! It only seems to work well for me in winter though, only sometimes in summer.

I had mixed luck w/ this one. Some days pretty decent curl formation, other days fluff.

Water, polyquaternium-37, hydrolyzed keratin, cocomidoium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed keratin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, persea gratissima (avocado) seed oil, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polymide-1, sorbitol, propylene glycol, PPG-1 trideceth-6, VP/DMAPA acrylates copolymer iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, diazolidinyl urea, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methypropional, citronellol, limonene, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, fragrance/parfum
Ingredient Attributes: detangling, frizz control