moisture anti-humectant

Oyin Handmade Shine and Define Styling Serum

4 oz | Styler, Second Day Styler, Finisher

Product Rating: 3.89 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 174 reviews) Login to add your review

Tired of styling products that provide hold but strip moisture with drying alcohols? That promise shine but deliver crispety, crunchety, bulletproof hair? That control frizz but rob you of softness? Read More...

I purchased this years ago when I first went natural and didn't know how to use it. I only use it on wash day with Hair Dew and Burnt Sugar Pomade. It gives my twist enough definition. I purchased this to see if it would make a difference with my "First Day Hair" after wash day. It would be too soft without definition this has mad a difference. Smells like creamsicle.

Product is moisturizing but not enough hold for me :(

Oh my gosh, I love this product. It has such a lovely consistency. It's thick, but it's smooth and creamy, and true to its name it's definitely whipped. It smells like chocolate, and has such a light, heavenly scent. Re-applying this doesn't cause build-up or residue. I always follow this up with the burnt sugar pomade and the results are great. My hair stays soft and moisturized. Also, just those two products leave a lot of beautiful curl definition. Same with the hair dew and the greg juice. You don't even need a styling product because all the moisturizers leave great curl definition by themselves. However, the styling products are just as good. P.S.: when I first saw reviews on this, people said they used it to seal, but it's a moisturizer. Use the burnt sugar pomade to seal, it's amazing.

This product is an absolute MUST for 3c hair. It's the first product that's given my hair beautiful controlled curls without giving me "helmet head." The best way to use this product is to take chunks of damp hair, run a comb through, apply small amount of product, twist, let twist sit for 3-5 mins, and then gently run fingers through twists, and then shape hair as desired. This product actually looks better when it's dry than it does wet. Which is a first for me. It really brings out the highlights in my hair as well. Last but not least it takes over 5 hours to wear off which is a record for my hair.

Lovelly chocolate smell. It is a bit heavy for me to have in my whole hair. I use it mainly on my ends or inte whole hair as a treatment before washing. I tried it as a sealer day before wash if my hair is really dry, but it appears a bit greasy. Still for what I want it for it is perfect. I think I have type 2b/2c and here and there a bottecellicurl appears. I have very dry, blonde hair, bra length. The hair is fine so the curls and waves is not so easy define when the hair is so long. Even so the hair does´t seem to be so easy way down buy routs. It seems to love oils and butter and get more volume from it.

This product is really thick and I find that it just sits on top of hair. It doesn't properly moisturize my natural hair and my relaxed ends feel weighed down and it makes them clump together. After I finish this container I will not be repurchasing. I'm kinda mad that this didn't work for me because it's not cheap for the size of the container. (I'm currently transitioning)

I love this product for braid-outs! This is the only styler that I get defined, no frizz, and the most moisturized hair. A little goes a long way, and you can also use this product as a sealer for your ends. The best thing about this product is you can purchase at Target!! So no online shipping!!!!

I've been using shine and define for over 5 years and my hair loves it and so do I. It truely defines my coils and gives a very nice shine to my hair and it smells so fruity it makes me smile. It lingers a little but no overpowering. It's a staple product for me. I could be catagorized in the 4a Type.

As described, this product is light, non-greasy, soft, and creamy. It has a citrus scent, which I do not particularly like, but it fades. I've used this product a few times, but I've never been particularly impressed. Today, I used it for a wash and go as a styler on top of Kinky-Curly Knot Today and my castor/coconut oil blend. After drying, my hair doesn't feel like I used a styler at all...which would be awesome, if my hair was shiny (it's not). My overall impression is that it feels like I put water on my hair...which is not terrible, but I used this specifically because I wanted my hair to be shiny and frizz-free. My hair isn't frizzy, but I'm not sure I can credit this product for softness and frizz-free properties because KCKT makes my hair soft and frizz-free. However, because my hair IS soft, I'll give it four stars because it seems to do as it promises...minus one star for lack of shine. I'll finish out the product by using it around my hair line. It does help with the sleek look. Otherwise, shine and define doesn't wow me; so, it's unlikely I'll repurchase. Unless, of course, I figure out the magic of how to make my hair shiny by using it.

I LOVED this product and so did my hair!! I paired it with the honey dew and burnt sugar pomade for a flat twist out and received MAN MANY compliments!! My hair remained soft, shiny and smelled WONDERFUL thru out the day. I saw no residue build up as others have reported. I have only used it once, (because I have SO many products I am sampling to find my "staple products") but when I use it again, I will review it again if I get different results.

So far, I've used this to refresh a wash & go. I moistened my hair with a little Honey Water, applied this pudding, and sealed with a little Burnt Sugar Pomade. Together the products performed well at moisturizing my hair and leaving it soft, shiny, and fragrant. I haven't tried it other ways, but as a refresher/moisturizer, I give it 5 stars. I love that it smells like chocolate.

Good hold, does not provide moisture, and smell can be overpowering. Texture is not bad. Is only good for about 6 months. Might want to stick in frig.

I love this stuff. There are a list of things that turn my hair in to a frazzled mess (cones, mineral oil, protein, even the highly favored BTMS.). This moisturizer has none of those ingredients and it does a good job adding moisture and definition to my hair. I previously used Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masque as my leave in. It was great but made me break out around my hair line. Oyin's Whipped Pudding doesn't do that. Its very thick so I only apply it to damp hair. It also smells like chocolate, which I like, but the scent fades quickly enough for those who might not.

I think the smell of the product is just a little too strong. I like the consistency but it is just too heavy on my hair. It left it greasy. I think a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of this product might work in a thicker hair type. I have 4a/b/c hair but it is fine. I have been using it on my heels and will try to use as a DC by adding honey as suggested. Will not rebuy. I like ingredients but can't make it work for me.

I've purchased this three times over the course of my 3 years being natural. I think this was the last time. I've never noticed any time of shine from this nor do I feel that it aids my curl definitions for WNGs, afros, or braidouts. It smells good (like all the other Oyin products), but I'm certain I can find better for $14.

Love the moisture, but I'm not a fan of the chocolaty-vanilla smell - would love an unscented or more lightly fragranced version.

I had high hopes for this product, but I was disappointed. The shine it gives is great and it smells great, but it did nothing about the frizz. I tried it with a light and a heavy leave in, I sealed with an oil and a butter, but it did nothing. Too bad!

I really love this product. I have 4b-4c hair and other products work okay. But I finally feel like I've found a product that works for my twistouts...a process, actually. I do the LCO method with a mixture of aloe vera juice/water (heavy on the aloe), the Whipped Pudding (light hit at the roots and the ends and smooth through), and Castor Oil as my sealant (light squeeze at the ends, smooth through). Let me tell you, when I tell you that this gives me the most wonderful twistout, I truly mean it. I haven't had twistouts that look like this since a few months after my big chop. It is Autumn, so I know that fact has a lot to do with my hair's staying power, but I've been natural for 3 years and I can't remember my hair looking like this last Autumn. It does not flake and I can say this as someone who likes to set her hair with product EVERY night. Not that I have to, now that I've figured out that this product provides me with 3 day hair, but I still like to "commune with my hair" each day. :-) Anyway, I just placed a new order of Whipped Pudding and await its arrival excitedly!

The first thing that comes to mind is the smell of artificial chocolate I didn't like, but the product did do a nice job of moisturizing my hair, I'm still on the fence if I would repurchase do to the scent.

This product is PURE CRAP. You can make this nonsense in your kitchen. If you buy all the ingredients you can make a huge batch for much less than this 4 oz for 13.99. Not Worth it. I love some of their other products. But, because I hate this one so much I think once I use up the products I do have I'm MOVING on. Bye Bye Oyin, there are better things @ Target. I only gave it the one star because curlmart made me.

I notice that if I have lots of water on my hair, it would still be moisturized, but if it doesn't have that water, it would be drying my hair. Do like this product? NOPE!! Would I use it again? NOPE!! Ever again!! It doesn't give that much moisture to my hair period. My hair is just plain dry after being used, so no!!! NEVER EVER using again!!! Bad product.

I really wanted to like this for my twistouts, but it was too heavy for my hair. It also left my hair very dry. I think I'll use this for my body's dry spots until I finish it. I will not repurchase.

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PRODUCT! ever since i bought the travel sized packet for oyin handmade, i have been HOOKED on their products. the whipped pudding leaves my hair so soft and so moisturized. i literally got to wear a twist-out for 7 days using this product. i will be purchasing a bigger size since i use it on my body as well.

I'm REALLLLYYY not feeling this product!!! When I first tried this product, I used it as a sealer and it caused flakes in my hair. I tried the LOC Method on dry hair and that didn't work out. I remembered that I need to do this method after washing my hair. Anyway, I don't like this product. It's too thick and heavy. It felt really heavy when I first applied the product in my hair for two-strand twists. It also felt very dry after spraying in my hair. I hate this product. This is worse than using the honey hemp conditioner. I'm never EVER purchasing the product again! And the Curlmart company needs to give customers affordable products in bigger sizes in the mail!! And this is a moisturizer?? Never using this brand again. The only product I ever liked from Oyin Handmade is that Tea spray, which made my hair very soft and moisturized. What a waste! What good does it do buying products online if they're not going send products in the mail in bigger ounces in affordable prices. What a disappointment!!

Too thick and heavy for my hair so I ended up using it on my heels... Too expensive to be putting it on my darn feet so I will not repurchase.

Twisted my hair with this for the first time last night and LOVEEEEEEEEE IT! The smells was so intoxicating and when I undid my bantu knot twist out my fro was on point my curls were nice and moisturized without feeling greasy or being weighed down. I have the sample sized product but I am definitely interested in purchasing the full sized product before mine runs out!

AMAZING! It takes my twist out to a whole other level & it smells like chocolate. I absolutely love it.

This product gives me very define, shiny twist out. I use in conjuction with the whipped pudding or hair dew. It does give me a little bit of hold

I loooveee this pudding. I sometimes use it as a moisturizer for my hair and it just goes on smoothly and leaves my hair moisturize. I love using it for twist out because since it is a heavier product, it gives me elongated define twists.

Out of all the twisting products I have tried on my hair, the whipped pudding is the best. I love Oyin products, they are so moisturizing.

Love the smell! But is just... butter! so it is too thick and heavy for my curls, I used it as body cream on my dry areas!

This stuff is great. The stuff smells like chocolate in a jar. Leaves my hair soft and shiney without being greasy or heavy

I'm newly Oyin lover, 3C-4A BSL transitioning girl and buying Oyin has been the best thing since a long time ! Moisture, moisture, curls, curls just incredible, the Sine&Define is perfect for define curls without being heavy, it's very light and is good for moisture. Hair dew, BSP, Greg juice true holy grails for hair, my hair is so soft it's a true lifesaver.

I used this on my three year old sons two stand twist after a co-wash and condition and it is amazing! His hair feels so hydrated and even after two days and lots of outdoor fun in the sun I've only had to lightly reapply and spray a little Greg juice. We love it! Oh and the scent fades quickly so don't let that stop you from slathering this stuff as directed, head to toe. My only complaint, make it in a larger size.

My hair is between a 4B and 4C it is extremely thick and course even though it is soft. I loved this whipped pudding it was thick enough to moisturize and do a beautiful twistout but not too heavy to make my hair feel greasey, I just loved it.

Not a fan. If you read my reviews I swear by this line for my daughter's hair. But, this product is a no go. First, its 4 oz and a little does not go as long of a way as it should since it is only 4 oz. I didn't feel that this did anything that my little sister's homemade Shea butter mix wouldn't have done. This is definitely not a rebuy. But, I will make a refresher with it since I bought it. I do love their sugar berries, hair dew, juices and berries, and honey conditioner. But, this is Just a NO GO. Sorry.

You need the right mix of damp hair and product in order to get a decent look. My daughter had introduced me to this and after watching her I knew going in how to apply it. I like to style my hair w/ small coils all around my head. I have a twa, 8 mons, and this is good for achieving that look. You have have white residue in which you can go back through and smooth in the direction of your twist to just get rid of. I would purchase this again.

This product confused me... It had the look and consistency of yogurt, and smelled like oranges and sour skim milk. It also left a few little white pieces in my hair--they weren't flakes, though; it was more like those little white crystals you find in coconut oil that you have to rub out between your fingers. It was watery and sort of smelly--I didn't enjoy using it. To be fair, the product did provide some shine, and decent definition, but NO moisture--good thing I put Oyin Hair Dew underneath, or my hair would have dried out even sooner. I think I'm going to give this away and try some home made flaxseed gel instead.

Now for me, this stuff delivers...I have never had a product work so well with my hair. It defines my curls with the utmost attention. The shine factor is amazing and the smell is pleasant. I use this in conjunction with the Greg juice. The result is like nothing I've ever seen before on my hair. My hair is very curly and absorbs moisture like a sponge. My curls range in their size and this product takes care of ALL of them.

This is such a thick cream my hair was so soft. I really like the Oyin hair products.

I have very thick, 4C hair and this product has been the most moisturizing for my hair by far!

I found this product stiff and actually dulled my natural shine, I will probably push it to the back and only use it after a bit more experimentation--on those days when I have the time to play around with products and do not actually require instant and reliable performance for the long day.

I use Whipped Pudding with Shine and Define on damp hair to do two stand twist out. I love the simple ingredients and my hair is moisturized and shiny when I take down the twists. I use sparingly to keep my fine hair from being greasy.

I really like this product. It's a great sealant for me and I apply it right before I use any gels on my hair and it's wonderful! It keeps my hair from getting frizzy in humid or damp air too which I love!

Before I purchased this product, I made sure to do my research. I read many reviews on this hair product; I have watched many Youtube video reviews. I have been searching for a styling product for my protective styles that will help reduce frizz, protect my hair as well as nourish and moisturize.I like to do single braids or two strand twists weekly. I was worried that this product was going to be too greasy for my hair because my hair does not really like Shea butter; Shea butter tends to weigh down my hair. I was also worried about the scent- which claims to smell like chocolate cake; I do not do well with sweet scents and I don't really like chocolate; I thought the smell would make me queasy. What really intrigued me was that it is formulated with Aloe Vera, which is a natural humectant. I live in a tropical and humid climate so I could benefit from the Aloe Vera. So, I gave it a try and I am pleasantly surprised! My hair absolutely loves the Whipped Pudding. My dense and thick hair absorbs it, and it makes my hair very soft.I also love that when I have my protective style in for the week (braids or two strand twists) that the moisture stays in my hair all week! Last week I had my hair in braids and then once I hit a week mark I took down my braids and I to my suprise my hair was still moisturized after a week of barely doing anything to my hair! I was able to finger detangle my hair without snagging or breakage! I went to the beach and came home to cleanse my scalp with the Honey Wash and then condition with Honey Hemp Conditioner. Usually after I swim after a week of protective styling my hair is SUPER dry. When I was at home after swimming my hair was still extremely soft! I thought to myself "holy crap this is the holy grail!" Haha! The scent is actually very pleasant, smells exactly like chocolate cake batter. I think the smell isn't over bearing, especially for those like me who do not like overly sweet scents! The texture of the Whipped Pudding is velvety smooth and there is no separation between the Aloe Vera and the Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter. I like that Oyin Handmade does not test their products on animals! Cruelty Free :o) I love to support companies that have integrity and care for the environment as well as the rights of animals. I also have used it on my skin and I promise you that I am addicted to putting it on. It feels so smooth on my skin and my boyfriend absolutely loves the scent, he says "you smell like chocolate!". I also like to use it on his skin because he gets extremely dry and parched, itchy skin. It soothes his skin because of the calming and cooling effects of the Aloe Vera as well as the healing and moisturizing properties of the Shea and Cocoa Butter. I will be purchasing the largest size I can get! I am almost out so I am trying my hardest not to use it all up >.< haha! I really wish they made a 20 oz jar. Especially for those of us with really long, dense hair and thirsty skin. If they had a larger size jar I would be able to moisturize my skin daily. I like that I can use this product for my skin and my hair; I get more bang for my buck like they say! Thank you Oyin Handmade for creating a hair product that I will forever be in love with! I will never ever try another product for my protective styling! I can't wait to find other uses for this product. I really hope this product review helps everyone and I will be doing a youtube video product review soon! Look for me -aniseforpeace

This leaves my hair very soft and moisturized. This pudding is very creamy and smells sweet and chocolatey. I apply on freshly washed hair and seal with castor oil/olive oil. My hair stay moisturized for days when I dampen it with water and resealed every two or so days.

I purchased this product because I wanted to find a product to seal my ends. This product is very dense, so if you have low porosity hair as I do, it will take a lot of time for you to work the product into your hair. Once it's worked in, it will penetrate the strands and not just sit on top of them. It leaves the hair with a very shiny appearance. It is easy to rinse out, and doesn't leave buildup on my hair. I don't really like the smell- like buttery chocolate. But overall, I do like this product.

Not for me. This cannot compare to my homemade leave it. I used it for my twists and it was ok. I did get shine and my hair was semi soft. The smell is ok, it's not delicious but it doesn't reek. I had top up with another product just to take away the dryness. I will try it with a twist out to see what kind of definition of hold I get.

I used this with the whipped pudding and it gave me a very light and moisturized twistout- there was a little more shrinkage than when I use Kinky Curly or Miss Jessie's products but the moisture level is great! Really happy with this purchase!

I used this with the shine and define serum and it gave me a very light and moisturized twistout- there was a little more shrinkage than when I use Kinky Curly or Miss Jessie's products but the moisture level is great! Really happy with this purchase!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! My hair is 4c/4z? dense, low porosity, dry and frizzy. I am just beginning to understand what that means. So my journey continued, I learned about density, and porosity... I am 16 months natural, and within the last 16 months I have spend literally hundreds of dollars trying to find the right products for my hair. I have to LOOK NO FURTHER! I could cry tears of joy!!!! Here it what worked for me, I mixed a tablespoon of the whipped pudding, shine and define, and the burnt sugar pomade and began to do a two strand twist. I took a dap of the pomade and twisted each strand for an extra sealant precaution, put on my satin nightcap... In the morning OMG... many compliments. I will say this is the most satified I have been with my hair in the past 16 months. I am sold!

I don't understand this stuff! It smells delicious, went on nice and smooth, I didn't use too much . . . but my fine, soft 3b hair got brittle, piece-y, and kind of matte finish from this. I need to wash it out tomorrow! Not giving up on it because it smells great and I've heard people say it makes a good body lotion (?), but otherwise I think this may just not be for my type hair.

I love this stuff! It is rather thick, and a little goes a long way. It smells heavenly!

Shine and Define gives a nice soft hold for twists/ twist-outs, but if I use too much it can build up pretty quickly and feel too heavy. I like that it's a creamy consistency but it acts a little like a gel.

The worst product I have used for my hair! It never absorbed into my hair, so my hair was left hard and white with build up. Works great on my skin especially in the cold dry weather, but nothing that a good body butter cant do. will not purchase again!

This did absoloutly nothing for my hair. I regret paying money for this and shipping.

I've tried to give Oyin a go, but I'm just not feeling their products. I tried their snack pack and I didn't like anything in it but the burnt sugar pomade. I've heard mix reviews about the whip pudding, so I wanted to try it. Horrible on my 4C hair!! It left it so frizzy probably from the glycerine. I will use this to moisturized my hair when I do braided styles.

For me, this gets the wow factor award of the year. It is a creamy consistency, but goes on like a serum. Because of that it is easy to apply and not messy, like a lot of serums that I end up wasting because they drip all over the place. It makes my hair super shiny, and is the right consistency for a twist style. I usually pair this with the burnt sugar pomade, though. It soaks into my hair pretty easily and doesn't make my hands messy. If you set your twists with a gel, and find it too drying, switching to products that contain oil could be the key. It is for me! I ordered two more jars!

A friend of mine recently gave me a little of this product and it's the first product that defined my curls and after drying didn't leave my hair looking dry unlike Mrs. Jessie's or Shea Moisture Products. I did have my shrinkage but at least my curls were nice and defined. I've yet to find the product that will hold my curl pattern without too much shrinkage. It also did well on my twist outs. So today I bought my first jar.

Ok...i have 4b-ish, 4c-ish hair...I've only been natural for 15 months. For me, it's so hard to find products for my course, cottony hair but i finally found one with Oyin. After co washing with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, my favorite conditioner, i use this whipped pudding for my twist outs or whatever style i choose at the time and my hair stays so moistuized...i never seen it so defined and bouncy. Lol. I realized it really works best for me if i put a small amount of Cantu Shea Butter underneath it first but it's still a keeper for me! :)

This product was just okay for my hair. It's not horrible or anything...I've just had more moisture in other products. This pudding can be a tad bit greasy if you don't watch how much you use. The smell is SOOO GOOD! Like chocolate and butter. Not sure that I would repurchase though. Will be good for winter use also.

N/A

I have dry, coarse, dense hair. This stuff makes my hair feel soft. Love using this with the shine and define for twist outs. Nice results. Smells nice too.

I'm actually a 4c. I thought this product went on well, my hair felt very good and moisturized as I applied it and two strand twisted my hair. However, the smell of cocoa butter was so overwhelming for my husband and I that I had to wash it from my hair as soon as I got up in the morning. I feel this would be a great moisturizing product if it were not for the very strong scent. It might take awhile but, I think I may try it again only a lot earlier in the day. I was a little more than disappointed that I didnt get to see the end result.

Moisturizes very well and smells really good. I use this to do twists twice per week. It is the best!

I have been natural for about five and a half years and have used every cream in the book for my twist. My current cream of choice is by SheaMoisture, but the moisture does not last. My go to styler for two strand twist is my homemade shea butter and coconut oil mixture. However neither gives deep penetrating mositure without a greasy residue or dryness by the next day. Enter Whipped pudding. This stuff is amazing! I first rewet my hair with aloe vera juice then put in Oyin's Hair Dew as a leave in. I smoothed the whippped pudding and my hair was soft, smooth and shiny. Lastly, I sealed my hair with Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade. There is a strong smell like most of Oyin's product but it does not last and is not overbearing after application. This is my NEW staple!

Does a great job in conjunction with the whipped pudding.

One of my new favorites. Smells great & love how this makes my 4a hair look & feel.

This product is dense like it says. The smell is divine. It has he,d my twists nicely without them becoming frizzy. Only 4 stars but my hair feels kinda dry. I will use my juices and berries spray to bring back the moisture.

Great smell, dense texture, very moisturizing. However, it did not work as a moisturizing styler on my hair. Also tried it with Shine and Define and it gave me a fuzzy, slightly defined twist out. However, it works well on my daughters hair. I have 4b high porosity natural hair.

Great smell, light texture, not enough hold or moisture for my hair. Also tried it with Whipped Pudding and it gave me a fuzzy, slightly defined twist out. However, it works well on my daughters hair. I have 4b high porosity natural hair.

I use this on my type 4a/b curls for twisting along with the whipped pudding. I get long lasting well-moisturized twist outs when using these products again, which is why I keep purchasing them.

I use this on my type 4a/b curls/coils for twisting. I love it and I continue to repurchase this product.

Holy grail product for me! I love this on dry day 2 & 3 hair. I apply it twirl by twirl and it really enhances the definition in my hair. Somehow i can get my 2c/3a hair to almost look 3b!! It smooths away frizzies, has the perfect hold and my hair is still soft to the touch. Also makes my hair look very shiny and healthy. I love all the ingredients in it they are all natural. I cant say enough good things about this product. Oyin has become one of my favorite brands

This styling cream left my type 4 hair shiny, bouncy, and moisturized. I did use Darcy's Botanicals sweet cocoa bean curl cream as a leave-in first and then use Whipped Pudding, followed by a pomade (as a sealant). The results were great. This is a keeper. Love the chocolate scent!

This product was too heavy and greasy for my low porosity hair.

Used this with the Oyin Burnt Sugar pomade (which I <333 BTW) and it kept my hair (4a/4b) really moisturized for about 2-3 days to the point where I didn't even need to reapply it to my hair. I love the smell and it makes my hair feel really soft. Highly recommend :).

I used this product on my son's hair and his hair seems to be responding well. Most butters are a little too heavy for his hair when they are first put on, even though his hair tends to eat it up over night. This serum goes on light and smooth and doesn't leave his hair feeling dry the next day. Also, the smell of the Shine & Define serum is absolutely refreshing. I plan on trying this out on my hair soon. Since I haven't tried it on myself, I'm only giving 4 stars (for now).

There are so many good reviews and I really tried to love it but it doesn't work for me :( Love the scent and I'm giving it 2 stars because it doesn't work for my hair eventhough it works as a body lotion so at least i'm not wasting it. It is just too heavy for my 3b/low porosity/thick/dense hair. I'm currently using it as a deep conditioner and it is stiff as (as i sit here!!) I'm still on a learning curve for which products work for me ... so this was a learning experience. I now know that my hair probably likes lighter products better.

I used the oyin handmade berry pomade after I used the whipped pudding to complete 2 strand twists on my daughters 4c. I kept them in for about 2 days, her hair remained moisturized, and it had great hold. Her twist out had amazing definition even for a couple days after I untwisted them. Highly recommended, especially for those with extremely dry hair.

Wonderful chocolatey smell but way too dense and thick. There's no whippyness to it and makes absorption into hair very hard

Very moisturing. Excellent when used in combination with the shine and define serum for two strand twist. A little goes a long way.

Great for refreshing two strand twist. Smells citrusy.

It's okay.

It's ok.

I'm giving this 3stars because it does moisturize my hair for a good 2-3 days but that's as far as it goes. I bought this product a month ago and I'm still on the fence with it. Like I said at the beginning it does moisturize my hair but as far as defining my curls.....eh. And it doesn't play well with others. The 2nd time I used it, I added my Ecostyler Olive oil gel on top of it, to get more definition, and in the morning I had to deal with white gook in my hair. No bueno. I still have a lot of product left to work through so I'll definitely give it a try again; 3rd times a charm and get my money's worth. But so far I don't see myself buying this again.

I'm giving this 3stars because it does moisturize my hair for a good 2-3 days but that's as far as it goes. I bought this product a month ago and I'm still on the fence with it. Like I said at the beginning it does moisturize my hair but as far as defining my curls.....eh. And it doesn't play well with others. The 2nd time I used it, I added my Ecostyler Olive oil gel on top of it, to get more definition, & in the morning I had to deal with white gook in my hair. No bueno. I still have a lot of product left to work through so I'll definitely give it a try again; 3rd times a charm and get my money's worth. But so far I don't see myself buying this again.

I'm giving this 3stars because it does moisturize my hair for a good 2-3 days but that's as far as it goes. I bought this product a month ago & I'm still on the fence with it. Like I said at the beginning it does moisturize my hair but as far as defining my curls.....eh. And it doesn't play well with others. The 2nd time I used it, I added my Ecostyler Olive oil gel on top of it, to get more definition, & in the morning I had to deal with white gook in my hair. No bueno. I still have a lot of product left to work through so I'll definitely give it a try again (3rd times a charm and get my money's worth) but so far I don't see myself buying this again.

I'm giving this 3stars because it does moisturize my hair for a good 2-3 days but that's as far as it goes. I bought this product a month ago & I'm still on the fence with it. Like I said at the beginning it does moisturize my hair but as far as defining my curls.....eh. And it doesn't play well with others. The 2nd time I used it, I added my Ecostyler Olive oil gel on top of it, to get more definition, & in the morning I had to deal with white gook in my hair. No bueno. I still have a lot of product left to work through so I'll definitely give it a try again (3rd times a charm + get my money's worth) but so far I don't see myself buying this again.

Great product! It keeps hair super moisturized. Excellents for twists.

First off let me start by saying I have 4a/b hair that shrinks, frizzes, fragile and loves moisture. Usually I have to moisturize and seal every night because my hair becomes thirsty the following night. Ive been natural for 2 and a half years. After neglecting my natural for most of those 2 years Ive decided to take care of it. This whipped pudding is LOVELY. After stalking the product over the internet I finally decided to get it once on sale. I no longer have to moisturize every single night a dream, my hair just loves this!!!

I LOVE this product. Let me start off by saying I have 4a/b dry, frizzy and shrunken hair. Ive been natural for 2 and a half years. After making many mistakes with my natural hair Ive decided to take care of it. My hair loves moisture, but usually after moisturizing and sealing my hair the night before, the next night my hair is THIRSTY again. Ive read reviews about this product (and stalked it a little) over the internet I decided to buy it online. It worked wonders! It melted into my hair. The next night I did not have to re moisturize and seal. I'm even thinking about buying a larger size. Ive even used it on my body and it was better than just using regular Shea butter, Love it!!

This product is great as re-moisturizer for my hair and it is what I use when taking out my twists on shampoo day. I mainly use this for my body and it leaves that moisturized and smelling so good.

I luvvvvv this>>>best moisturizer ever>>>I use the burnt sugar pomade to seal my ends when doing two strand twists with the oyin whipped pudding>>>great results!!!! My hair is very shiny, bouncy, and sleek! Definitely a staple and cheaper alternative to my qhemet biologics aethiopika butter and the amla and olive heavy cream!!!

I would give this product 5 stars but the smell is TOO OVERPOWERING! Otherwise I think the whipped pudding is a great moisturizer. My hair felt soft and not greasy. Unfortunately, as a professional woman, I can't imagine seeing patients and/or conducting business with the aroma of chocolate chip cookies coming from my hair. If the additional fragrance were removed then I would purchase this product again.

This cream is awesome! I applied it to my hair that was in a high puff all day, which was made after a four day old twisty rod set. So you can imagine the tangles. I separated my hair and put the cream in. I paid special attention to my new growth (I'm 7 months into my transition from relaxed to natural) Immediately it melted into my hair and it was soft and I could finger detangle. This cream smells like heavy cocoa butter and chocolate. It can be overwhelming at first, but goes away after awhile. I was able to restyle my hair this morning with no problems and my hair was still soft. It's like it penetrated my strands overnite. I would highly recommend this product for transitioning hair because it really moisturizes without making your hair and relaxed ends feel heavy. I can't wait to wash my hair to do a flat twist out with it this weekend. I'm intrigued by Oyin now and want to try their other products.

TYPE 3C/4A I use this with Oyins Hair Dew for my two strand twist outs. Amazing definition with an insane amount of moisture. The texture is difficult to pinpoint..its like half serum half cream but it works!!! The smell is great..kind of citrusy orange cream. One of my go to products definitely!!!!

This stuff is awesome. I washed my hair with DevaCurl One Condition and then rinsed. I put the DevaCurl One Condition back into my hair and then applied the Oyin Whipped Pudding then twisted. Once I took my twists down, my hair was amazingly soft and curls defined. I know it was the whipped pudding because I have use DevaCurl One Condition by itself and didn't have these amazing results. I will definitely repurchase this.

I don't remember how this product worked since it's been a while. I do remember that it was not something I liked to use for my wash n go (which is why I bought it) and thinking about the smell right now makes me feel sick. ugh! I'll have to try it again in the future though just in case....I do say TRY IT however....you may like it and Oyin makes great products.

I can't tell if this product is too heavy for my hair....nonetheless, it does define beautifully and the shine is brilliant. It smells AMAZING. At first, it's a little overbearing, but it calms down. My only issue is that my hair actually looked OILY for the first time in my life. And weighed down. I'm going to give it one more chance, but then I'm going to try Curl Keeper. I'm such a product junkie :/

i love this stuff :) it smells good and it makes your hair so soft and moisturized. i had the best twistout with this pudding and it lasted for a week. i will definitely repurchase!!!

This stuff is sooo good! I applied this after using the Honey Hemp conditioner and the Hair Dew conditioner, both which made my hair soft. But this one took the prize. The ingredients are wonderful all of which are very moisturizing. I would definitely recommend this product. It's great for overall moisturizing and defines really nice twists. I haven't used it by itself yet only in conjunction with the other two products. But when I removed my twists they were really defined and way better defined than when I normally use Qhemet Biologics BRBC and AOHC together.

Another hit with me! Great on coil outs under my Burnt Sugar Pomade...WONDERFUL on my body! Goes on like velvet and smells like sweet goodness..so if you dislike sweet smells - stay away!

This is so moisturizing and it smells so good like CHOCOLATE. I'm glad I purchased this product. It leaves my hair soft and shiny. I haven't tried it to do twist outs but the cream is nice and thick enough for them. A little amount is fine for the light moisture and for dry hair a decent quarter size is great. The 4oz jar will last awhile for me personally, but for the price I wish there was more product.

Love this stuff use it with burnt sugar and shine and define to do my twist outs and it last the entire week, great moisture content.

Awesome for my type 4 hair, I was it to do twist outs. This is the first product that I have used that is not a gel or jelly which holds and moisturize at the same time. I am not interested in smoothing my edges so I am not quite sure if it has enough hold for type 4 hair to do that

I have really enjoyed this product. My 3b hair tends to be very, very dry, and I usually use this product in the middle of the day as a "pick me up." It makes my hair shiny and hydrated, and I like it much better than the brown sugar pomade (as far as consistency and SMELL goes). I have to say, I agree, the smell can be a bit over=powering at times. Several people have said "Do you smell cookies?" after I put this on, while others have said, "I smell something WEIRD" (and not in a positive way, unfortunately). I feel it's reasonably priced as well, even including the shipping; I find it's worth paying a little more, as what's in the store just doesn't do the job on my fussy curls!

My 4c hair loves this stuff. I use it for my two-strand twist and it keeps them moisterized and shine. I combine a little of the Whipped Pudding with a touch of the Shine and Define, then seal my ends with the Burnt Sugar Pomade, and my hair falls in love! I had to take a double-take of how healthy my hair looked! lol When its time to refresh and remoisterize (which I do every 2 days when wearing twists), I lightly spritz my hair with water and just add a bit of the Honey Dew. The Oyin line just works for me, and product is one of my favs! Definitely moving this product up to my list of staples.

I don't know what took me so long to try this, but I bought this today and it is great! My hair absorbs it really easily, and it left my twists shiny and soft, with a little bit of hold. Just what I've been looking for!

My two sons think this whipped pudding smells like Kit Kat candy. I do love the scent and the texture of this butter. I get excellent results when I use this to retwist on slightly dampened hair. I wake up with very soft, shiny, curls. I also use it on my sons hair so I will be reordering this product.

This is a great product! It's great at keeping my hair moisturised, definitely a staple for me!

This product is great in the sense that its very multipurpose and can be used for hair and/or body. I've only used it on my hands and I think it did a pretty good job, The smell is light and its very smooth and thick like most butters. The price is also pretty good considering a little bit of this goes a long way.There isn't much too this product-its simple, moisturizing and especially great for twists and other protective styles.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.....this product smells so yummy! Like a cupcake...chocolate&vanilla scented. It leaves my hair very moisturized, but be careful not to use too much...a little bit goes a long way and if you apply too much you will have some white residue left in your hair... Other than that this will be a staple product.

I love this product. Best investment for natural hair.

I would have to give it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the smell. I hate the coco smell. It smells like a strong nestle chocolate milk mix. I wish they afford a unscented version.

I love this product. I wish they did not add any extra cocoa smell and just let nature do its thing. Or if they would offer an unscented option to give us customers who are fragrant sensitive a choice as opposed to putting us in the same category, Variety and choices in life are always good. I would have given this product a 5. At least this smell wasn't as loud as the burnt sugar or the hair dew, all of which are stellar products. The smells of oyin line needs to be mellowed out / toned down or they need to offer a frangance free variety (customization). I kind of feel like i am being forced to wear jeanate (metaphor).

This product softened my hair, added some shine, did not really add any definition, which is okay because there are other products that could give me the extra defintion if I wanted that. The product loses ground for me because of the smell. It was a WEIRD citrusy like smell that was not pleasant. I could not recommend it based on the smell, otherwise it would be a keeper for me. When combined with the hair dew or the whipped pudding, the odd smell was even more pronounced created an even weirder smell. But for the smell, I would have given it 3 or 4 stars. Because it moisturized and did not make my hair brittle or hard, it gets two stars.

THis worked perfect for my mixed head of curls (3c, 3b, 4c type) i use this over my leave in condioner from junkies or the other Oyin Product of the whipped shea butter.. my curl just seem to love this formual :) finally happy to have my curls flow out!

SHINE? yes DEFINE? no Great lock into moisture for my hair but the name is a little misleading. I love all oyin products to because of the moisture for my bantu knot outs. They give me corkscrew spirals that I can stretch out in no longer than 10 minutes The texture is nice and light which is perfect for the summer and reduces frizz.

I love this product and every other Oyin product that I have tried. I keep mine in the refridgerator and just like a cold rinse this product seals my ends when I use it to do a twist out. My hair is very shiny and soft when I use this product and I get lots of compliments. I wish that it came in a 16 oz jar though.

One word-Amazing!!! My hair loves, loves this stuff. The ends of my hair have been really dry, brittle and tangled and this works wonders at moisturizing my hair and ends really well without making my hair oily/greasy. It smells nice as well. I usually apply it every morning and every night to my ends.

I have 4b/4c hair, and was really excited when I got this product from oyin. Unfortunately it didn't do squat for my hair, so I won't be purchasing it again. HOWEVER, it did make a nice skin cream and it does smell really good (you'll want to eat it up)! So I'll give it 2 stars.

I have tried this product twice on my dry hair after my twist were dry and love it. It makes and keeps my hair soft. Especially during the start of these dry winter months my hair needs this. I will be making sure I get another jar. I am new at this twist and natural hair styles. Have not worn my hair like this since the 70's I wish we had this stuff back then. I like wearing my hair natural without all the chemicals and heat. I have went from a fade hair cut to shoulder length very healthy hair and love it.

The smell gave me a terrible headache!!!! In the jar it's ok, but in your hands it smells like cheap candy...VERY STRONG! Bc of that I just couldn't use it anymore.

Unfortunately this didn't do anything for my hair. I used it as a daily moisturizer on dry and damp hair but my hair just didn't like the product. It gets three stars because it works great on dry skin and smells real yummy, but I won't be purchasing his again.

I am ordering another jar after this review...this pudding worked well with my 4b\c hair...and if you use the Whipped Pudding with Carol's Daughter Mimosa Honey Pomade, you will have the prettiest twists that are shiny, elongated, wavy, and plus your hair will smell absolutely fabulous. Definitely a must have after freshly washed hair! Enjoy!

All I can say is....I love this stuff. I did a two strand twist and the next morning, not only did my hair smell good, was moisturized, the twist didn't unravel. I used a cream that claimed it had "hold". The next morning most of the twists had unraveled. So here I am ordering more. It worth the try

I have to give this product two stars because it did moisturized and soften my hair but it was not true to its description. It did not give my hair any shine, and for eleven dollars I could have used a gel for two bucks for the same results that I received. I thought it was very kind for curlmart to send the free samples along with the delivery, but I will not be purchasing this again. And it was very loose like a lotion, and it smelled like pineapples, but the smell goes away. I used this for my double twist outs. As I did my twists my hair became very milky looking, but I did condition my scalp after my cowashing. I hoping to find a product that conditions and shines, holds my twist all at once so I dont have to use more than one product. I have ordered Vitale Jumping Jelly Shining Gel for GMBS. Hope it will do the trick. Good Luck to anyone else who makes this purchase, but I will not be ordering it again.

I made the mistake of purchasing this product a second time, thinking something was wrong with the first batch and that I could get better results. Wrong! Who calls this a serum? The consistency is more like watered-down yogurt. My hair was soft, but it left a film on my hair; no shine whatsoever.

good for hydrating the hair, i love that it doesnt leave my hair greasy

This is great stuff to add moisture and make my hair look nice and healthy. Gives my twists great hold that's not stiff.

This stuff best works if it's been refrigerated. Besides that I love it because it gives my twists alot of volume and they are really fluffy. It smells great.

This is great for my twist-outs. It gives me the right amount of hold and the shine make my hair look and feel healthy. Like all the other products, it smells great.

This is my favorite styling cream. I'ts just perfect right amount of water oil slip so moisturizing! Great hold and elongation does exactly what it's called shines and defines!

I love this product. It smells great and it softens and moistens my hair for days. I use it on top of Oyin Handmade's Hair Dew and a selected oil. I highly recommend it.

Well I was all set to really love this product and my heart broke. I tried it several times to make sure the results were correct. This product kept my 3b/3c/4a hair shinny and moisturized as long as it was wet. when it dried my hair was dull and the hair felt like a film was over it. the only thing I foun dit good for was laying down my edges as long as I used another product under it. The smell isn't bad and dissipates over time but I highly doubt I'll buy again [glad i only got the sample size] I sent it to my sister to try.

Definitely not for fine haired curlies!!! I am stuck in the middle.... i need something a little heavier than the weak moisturizing lotions made for my hair type....something that wouldnt get soaked up so fast BUT this isnt it. wayyy too dense. I had the impression that it would melt when i rubbed my hands together to apply but it stayed thick and pasty. i didnt even try to put it in my hair i rubbed it on my elbows instead lol....probably really good for twist-outs on type 4 hair but not for me!

it did seem to leave a white residue when used alone. ill try it next time on my daughters hair. ill prolly stick to the whipped pudding bc i rather not have to use two seperate products if the whipped pudding gets the job done alone.

i used this product on my daughters hair and her twist were popping! nice shine and moisturizing. no greasy buildup. defin will repurchase. makes her edges nice also.

This is my staple product for twist outs. It keeps my hair well moisturized. I re-twist nightly and can skip days before having to add more product to my hair. I don't care too much for the chocolate scent but I'd rather smell like chocolate than have a parched 'fro.

I'm in love with all of Oyinhandmade's products...I've tried pretty much all of their hair care line(except honeydew and honeywash) and they are AWESOME!!! I used the whipped pudding and Shine and Define for braid-outsand twist-outs and my hair turns out great! Whipped Pudding is very THICK and prolly too heavy for fine hair or hair that doesn't like heavy creams and butters. My hair stayed moisturized for days and smelled nice. In the winter months this product is the business!!!! It's also great for dry skin too!

I don't know why this is called a serum--it's much more of a fluffy cream. But it's my new favorite product to get second, third--or six or seven--day hair. Keeps my curls defined and soft. (Just wish it cost a little less and was more widely available locally.)

a little goes a loooong way for me. keeps my curls frizz-free.

This product does have a nice consistency (like a whipped fluffy texture) and a nice pleasant light scent. As far as shine goes, yes, it does provide shine. But since I use this on dry hair, I really don't know about the define part because my curls are already defined. I would buy this again because it's more product and the same price as other pomades/fixers out there.

I am newly natural after transitioning for almost a year. I love shine and define for my braidouts. I am a PJ but this works for my 4a hair and this will be my staple. Definetly will repurchase! The smell is citrusy and the consistency is creamy like conditioner but light.

I love the Shine & Define. It gave great hold for my twistouts. I used it in conjuction with Burnt Sugar Pomade. It is reasonably priced. It is not a staple because I stopped purchasing online(for now anyway).

I was trying to review the Oyin Whipped Pudding, but the site won't let me. Anyhoo, the pudding is awesome. I originally bought it for my daughter's 4a hair, but I thought it was too thick and didn't provide the moisture I wanted for her. So I decided to take it for my 3c hair. LOVE IT! The smell is a little annoying, but that dissipates quickly. This product doesn't provide any hold, so I recommend another styling aid with it. It really defined my curls without that silicone feel or stickiness.

I use this on my twistouts weekly. Great definition, hold and shine.Dries fast and residue free. The best part is I can get 5 day hair with this product and the burnt sugar pomade. Did I mention that my boyfriend can't keep his nose out of my hair!! This smells so good, kinda like an orange sherbet smell. This is my holy grail product for setting my hair

I have 4a/b hair and I like how it makes my curls pop. It has a soft hold that I use for twists and puffs. I like the lemony smell that isn't too over powering. I tried it in the sample pack and decided to buy the full size. I would definitely buy it again. It can sometimes leave a whitish residue on my hair. Overall I like it as a staple.

It works well as a moisturizer but is not ideal for styling hair because it has no hold at all. It didnt even smooth down my edges well. I had to mix it with shea butter to give it more hold.

Great in combination with the whipped pudding. I always get amazing curls with this combo.

This product is not amazing, but it works. It can tame crazy baby hairs and it works well for braid-outs and twist-outs. Not so much for wash and go's. It does have a great scent though, and is a pretty light serum. This may be better for those with waves and looser curls.

Awesome for my twists,twist outs and locs. Even for slicking back edges. Soft hold not hard and crunchy nor flaky.

I wanted to love this product but it made my hair feel chalky and never worked in enough to keep my hair from looking white-tinged. Smells great though.

I am a fan! I like it for twistouts, braidouts and bantu knots: It gives nice, soft definition and it's moisturizing. If you want strong/firm hold, though, this may not be for you.

I didn't care for this product at all. The scent was too much, did not define or moisturize my hair. So happy that I didn't buy a full size.

HI RONDA KEPT HAIR MOSITURES ALL DAY AND SMELL GOOD NO CURL

4a/b I didnt like it @ all.. the texture didnt mesh well W/ my hair & it left a residue as well

I was disappointed with the Shine and Define. It left a grainy white residue on my hair and left no shine. I think you either love or hate it.

I Love this stuff! I finally found a HG product!! It works great; for me, I put it on wet hair then plop. It really defines my curls and leaves a nice shine too. Add to it the yummy smell and you have a winner!

This product doesn't delivering all day frizz control or softness. And, I did find that this product does buildup in the hair as well.

I have to say that I am very happy with this line. When I use the Honey Wash, Honey Hemp Conditioner and the Shine and Define I absolutely have no frizz!. This is truly amazing since I have blonde, thin, very, very frizzy hair. This is better than Ouidad Climate Control on my hair. I use this and alternate with Kinky Curly and I am very satisfied. Thanks for providing all of these wonderful products!

I LOVE this. No curl should go without it. It left my curls moisturized and defined.Like most oyin products,a little goes along way.

This product is nice for 4a/3c hair. The smell is curious, but it does a good job of defining frizzies, and smoothing my edges without crunch. It made my hair light and fluffy without looking greasy.

I love this as a pomade/fixer. When I test some other product in the morning, and my hair is so not happening, I smooth some of this on dry hair and it "fixes" the flyaways, etc.

I love the smell of this stuff. It reminds me of orange-cicles kinda, but other than that, this product really did nothing for me. It gave me some definition and no shine. I wear it mostly for the scent over other products that give me shine and definition.

I was ready to love this, but it neither shined nor defined my curls. The smell (orangy with slight spice/musk undertone) is too strong for me.

I love the smell, but this stuff gave me serious crunch, little shine, and no define.

I love this product, The scent, the texture, the effect, I love it all!!! My hair so soft with this and it helps with frizz as well.

I love, love, love this! This is an HG for me and I hope they NEVER stop making it. I have beautiful, soft, moisturized, sheeny well-defined coils/curls with body. It smells yummy and does what it's supposed to do. Dries fast too.

Its pretty thick and creamy for a serum, but makes your hair smell really fruity and quite complementary to a chocolaty Whipped Pudding! It doesn't make your hair feel oily or crunchy. Overall, not bad! Give it a try

Love this stuff! Soft hold with high shine. I use this over cream products that do not have much hold. Soft creamy product with almost no scent. Great stuff!

Water, Linum usitatissimum (Flax) Seeds (Organic), Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice (Organic), Sea Vegetable Complex, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ricinus communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Unrefined Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Raw Honey, Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid (from Palm), Emulsifying Wax NF (Vegetable Derived), Fruit Pectin, Xanthan Gum, Dextrose, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (Preservative), Citrus limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Fragrance.
Ingredient Attributes: moisture, anti-humectant