moisture

Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing (GPB) Conditioner

11oz | Conditioner, Daily Conditioner, Deep Conditioner
Product UPC: 749985160018

Product Rating: 4.12 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 42 reviews) Login to add your review

GPB is a ultra-nourishing conditioner made with lactalbumin (milk protein) and glycogen (from oyster shell), and sulfur-container amino acids to leave hair soft and healthier looking.

This stuff is the bomb. I have very coarse, low porosity, extremely dense, almost bushy hair and have killed myself with all kinds of HG stuff recommended on this web site (granted -- I just figured out that I am LP and none of this stuff is sinking past the cuticle). Oyin, KCKT ,all kinds of CJunkie products, Mop Top (hated) and all kinds of heavy humectants. The truth is my hair was getting routinely gunked up and build-up was my biggest enemy and I needed to shampoo, sometimes clarify, every other day. I started thinking something is wrong here, and realized maybe my hair likes protein and not so much moisture. I realized it had only really behaved somewhat with protein-rich products like Joico K-pak, which is too heavy for me every day. Giovanni 50-50 used to work okay, but i think the ingredients changed. So...in the protein-finding vein...I bought this the other day...and all I can say is WOW. Curls that I didn't even realize were there are back. Springy, bouncy curls. It's like my hair has shape again. And it's hot and humid here, even raining when I left the house this morning. I barely used any of this and it's been transformative. New HG, thank you Aubrey. For other LPs out there struggling with all the HG humectants recommended on this site, try this. It might work for you too.

I love using this conditioners on my hair to provide it with greater strength and vitality. The only downfall to this product is that it's smell is very strong. I deal with it because I love the product. If not, I would have thrown it away after first opening the bottle.

This conditioner was ok. It has plenty slip and smells decent I guess. But it caused me to have build up on my scalp. I have been natural since March of this year and I have never experienced build up. My scalp was itchy and flaky. I don't I will repurchase because of that one issue.

I finally got around to using this conditioner after so many rave reviews. And I have to add just one more! This conditioner is the bees knees! I use it twice monthly as a pre-poo to retain my moisture/protein balance. It works wonders. On most protein conditioners my hair feels stronger but also hard, but with this my hair is still soft and supple AND feels strong. And then the price is great! Especially compared to other brands' "gently protein" conditioners that are also good but in the $25-30 price range! I will definitely not be without this!

I am in LOVE with this stuff!! I normally condition my hair with Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner or the Curls Coconut Conditioner. I noticed my hair was still gorgeous but it felt a bit too moisturized. In the past I tried the Organix Coconut Conditioner and Shampoo and my hair hated it, so I assumed my hair was very protein sensitive. I began using products that catered to moisture and did not have protein in them. After reading all the reviews about Aubrey Organics I decided to give it a try and I am very happy I did. I co-washed with V-05 and applied this conditioner through every section of my hair to make sure it was fully saturated. I let it sit for an hour and OMG when I washed it out my curls were poppin like crazy!Lol! My hair was soft, moisturized and defined like crazy . GREAT PRODUCT!!!

For the people complaining about this product I understand that not everything is for everybody but you should understand as well that this is a protein-rich product line. Therefore if you have any damage that you need to reverse or tend to overmoisturize your hair (yes that is possible) then this product would be for you. Protein treatments are only meant to be one about once a month to every three weeks tops. If not then YES you will get the hard, stiff, brittle hair that some of you are complaining about. There is a such thing as protein overload too. If your hair is healthy, doesn't have much damage and your curls are not soggy and limp then you don't need this product.

I love this product ! I love the smell and my hair feels so soft and super manageable. When I had it I used it every 3 weeks and that seemed to work well for me.

This is hands down the best light protein on the market. Have tried others and keep coming back to this one. The price is right as well. This container can last up to 3 months.

Love this product!! I loved it when I had relaxed hair and love it now that I'm natural. I use it as a pre-poo and it softens my hair tremendously and keeps it soft throughout the rest of my wash. The smell is enjoyable as well. :)

Some people I think have problems with this because they don't know when to incorporate Protein conditioners into their routine nor understand what to expect from them. Protein conditioners harden the hair because they repair. They are not for detangling nor moisturizing. If you use a protein conditioner you should always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner and then a detangler to seal your cuticles. You also should only use these if you have damaged hair, typically from chemical treatments, UV ray damage, climate damage or any other type of damage that can break down the fibers of your hair. If your hair is healthy, you do not need to use this. I gave this 4/5 stars because it does the job and has no harmful petro-chemicals nor carcinogenic elements like many of the products on the market.

I honestly hate this conditioner. Every time I used it my hair seemed to shed like crazy. I wish I never bought this :(

Not for Afro hair! Zero slip. You better make darn sure your hair is deranged before you wash and conditions because this stuff will not help you. I so found that your hair needs to be very wet to work it in well. The scent is gloriously lavender. When I rinsed it out, the hair felt so good under the water. I guess it brings good results but if you like something that will easily apply and make washing a breeze, this is no for you. It's also quite chalky or like a white clay muddy texture before you add water.

Absolutely amazing Deep Conditioning Treatment!! My hair looked flawless after using it! Super shiny, bouncy, defined, moisturized, voluminous curls! I couldn't get enough! I left it on for about 20 minutes and was VERY pleased with the results! I'm excited to use it again! Provided a WOW factor for me and I'm very impressed! My Fine 2c/3a curls are in love! =) I used Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner today and I'm just disappointed with the results. The difference is night and day! I'll have to experiment with Aubery to find out if it works the same as a regular conditioner you leave on for a few minutes rather than a half hour. Great product!! Can't rave enough!

This stuff makes my hair ball up into a fist. I can't get my fingers through my hair. I need to add tons of deep conditioner to get it to reverse. I heard all the hype but It didn't live up to the excitement I heard from other curlies.

The first time I tried this product I was transitioning and my hair did not like it at all. I decided to try it again after I BC'd and my hair fell in love. My curls popped again, they were soft, shiny, and bouncy. I wish I could give it 5 stars but the smell leaves lot to be desired, it smells like cross between dead flowers and smoke. However, it does work and it is a great subsitute if you don't want to spend the money on the Curl Junkie protein conditioner.

Works great for me as a weekly protein treatment as my hair is porous from constant coloring. Leaves my hair soft and moisturized and doesn't give that dried out "too much protein" look and feel. Great stuff!

A must if you have fine porous Hair, it imparts Moisture and give a nice boost of protien!!

Why is this product listed under the "Glycerin Free" category? Glycerin is listed as one of the product ingredients.

I think my 4a/3c hair may like this product more than the CJ Repair Me, but I'll see what we think after a few more uses.

It took me a while to understand this product: When I used it as a rinse-out, it just didn't seem to do much, though it obviously wasn't harming my hair. Then I decided to try it as a DT. I no-pooed my hair, squeezed out the extra water, applied this conditioner, put a plastic cap on, tied a scarf over the top, and slept in in. When I rinsed it out the next morning, my fine 3b hair was shiny, bouncy, defined, and seemed to have fewer split ends than before. So I definitely recommend it in this context!

An amazing hair product that is thick and creamy as well.

This is a great conditioner with just the right amount of protein and moisture for my hair. I haven't used it in a long time and bought it recently thinking I use to really like this. Well, the love is still there. Great happy curls today!

This product is just full of awesome in a bottle lol...the smell and the pearly color threw me off a little but my hair was so in need of a great deep conditioner I did not hesitate to use it...I left it in for more than 30 mins and I'm very glad I did...once I stepped out the shower my hair felt so soft and bouncy I just wanted to leave it like that!! (lol I wish!!) So this is definitely going to be my staple product!

Great Great Conditioner!! My staple product for deep conditioning my hair every wash. Its a great balance, its not as strong as the aphogee so it doesn't leave your hair dry. Its the perfect balance of moisture and protein. A big fan! Leaves my hair strong and moist.

Loved using it, loved the results. One of the best products my hair ever encountered. Was easy to comb thru and came out shinier and feeling stronger than usual.

OMG!! I have stayed away from protein becuase of all the negative things I've heard about using too much of it but realized I still needed it every now and again. I am sooo friggin in love with this product. My hair must have been dying for some protein because my hair responded so well to it. I gave it only 4 stars becuase I've just started using it but my hair loves it.

I really liked this conditioner. It strengthened my hair while at the same time made it soft and smooth. Great ingredients and a very great price.

I generally adore this conditioner. I'm very porous and fine, so daily (or every other day) use of this conditioner is almost essential for me. It really does strengthen my hair - I get a lot less breakage with this product if I use it consistently. There are three main downsides. First, the smell. It's a weird combination of pine and seafood, which now and again turns my stomach. Secondly, for some reason the oils in this (though not in AOHR) can be too much for me if I go more than 24 hours without co-washing. I'm not entirely sure how this happened. Lastly, for some reason this conditioner has absolutely no slip for me. I must use a very slippery leave-in after this otherwise the tangles would never come out.

I am a 4a/4b natural, and I love this products. It works more like a moisturizing conditioner on my hair, though. If my hair is feeling dry, I'll put this on it. The best thing about this conditioner is that it performs well all by itself. I am not a fan of mixing things together to get them to work, so that is a major plus. It works well with or without heat. I just put it on my hair for one hour and rinse. GPB is always in my product rotation.

Very nice protein loaded conditioner. Left my hair nicely conditioned. Smell is a bit strong.

This is good for nothing but its intended purpose - a good shot of protein. I used this as a protein DT as needed when my hair was still damaged, and it was amazing. Really gave bounce and life back to my curls, and never left me dry (although for good measure I followed with a moisturizing condish, still, I could tell when rinsing the GPB didn't dry me out). I recommend, but again, it has its particular use which for me isn't a need anymore.

I love this conditioner. It really helped my hair when it needed protein. I used it as a rinse out and a leave in and it was great. Now I use one or two times a week depending on needs as a rinse out. At first I didn't like the smell however I actually like it now!

I love this conditioner. It smells great, doesn't cause much build-up but keeps my hair moist. I gave it 4 stars because it doesn't work for me as a leave-in.

I love, love, LOVE this conditioner! It has the look and feel of Noxema (and smells a little like it, too), but it is a wonderful conditioner if your hair likes protein. Although it's thick, it's easy to spread and not too heavy for my fine hair as long as I use it as a regular conditioner rather than a leave-in. I can see where it might not work for people with coarse hair, but it leaves my hair silky smooth! It even helps detangle my hair after I let it sit for a few minutes. I sometimes leave a little of it in my hair when rinsing, but I never use it as a co-wash or a leave-in because it's too heavy for my hair and I prefer a less medicinal smell. Can also be used as a DT.

My hair was really soft after using this. It is a nice alternative when you don't want to do a protein DT.

I have seen wonderful results with GPB. It strengthens and softens my hair. Since it's a protein conditioner, I deep condition with it about 2-3 times a year. I eat alot of protein, so I don't need much protein on my hard. Otherwise, my hair would become hard and brittle.

I did this as a DT as directed on the bottle, but it matted up something fierce! I used a brush to work it in, but as soon as I'd put smooth more on it would mat up again. I left it in for the 15 minutes as recommended, then co-washed. After co-washing I did an acv rinse and my hair turned wonderful. So, the matting bothered me, but if the curls are the product of the conditioner it may be worth it.

Works great on dry damaged hair. I use as a deep conditioner let sit on wet hair for one hour.

I got clumpy curls from this protein DT, but I couldn't duplicate the same results after that.

Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ Oil, Lactalbumin, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Nettle Extract, Amino Acid Complex (Cysteine, Methionine), Glycoprotein (from oyster shells), Balsam Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).
Ingredient Attributes: moisture