moisture

Oyin Handmade Honey Wash

8 oz | Cleanser, Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Product Rating: 2.97 Curls (Rated 3/5 based on 31 reviews) Login to add your review

Oyin is the Yoruba word for honey so you know we take honey pretty seriously around here -- and for good reason! It's a fabulous moisturizer, conditioner, and toner for both skin and hair. For this al Read More...

This product was neither here nor there. I like the smell of honey so I didn't mind the scent. It cleans well, but nothing special (neither moisturizing nor drying on my hair). I will use up the bottle but I can find the same or better shampoos on the ground. No plans to repurchase.

I didn't care for this shampoo. First, the smell is OK, not great but not offensive either. I think a lot of people are greatly exaggerating in their descriptions of it. It certainly doesn't smell like vomit, some people may even find it pleasant, but I don't really care for it. Now that my hair is dry, the scent is still there but very mild so that I don't notice it. Second, I can't complain about the way my hair feels after using the shampoo and matching conditioner. It is at least as soft as when I used my usual shampoo and conditioner (DevaCurl). But I attribute that more to the conditioner than the shampoo. What I really don't like is the way it feels, both when washing and after. It is a very thin shampoo. I really can't hold enough in my hand to wash all of my hair well because it spreads out so much. It starts out like a thin liquid, then when it mixes with the water and your hair it seems to become sticky. It did not glide through my hair as shampoo usually does and it was difficult to scrub. It didn't seem to rinse well either though my hair felt squeaky clean afterwards. That is not a feeling I like and not really good for your hair. After using the conditioner, it felt much better though. I'll give the conditioner a few more tries, but the shampoo is going in the trash!

It was meh. I might try a different way to use this for my hair. It wasn't as sudsy as I wanted to be but it didn't dry my hair out that bad. I'll use it for my face though more than anything. I love the smell of honey so it wasn't that bad of a product.

this product really stink and it sucks i am never ever buying it again 13 dollars of waste they should remove it.

I love the "Oyin Honey Wash", this product made my hair very soft and manageable. My natural hair is tightly curly coily, The smell was different kind of mild which is good because i don't like to put a lot of perfume smelling shampoos in my hair. I will definitely purchase this product again! thanks for making products for our natural hair.

If you are looking for something that will clean your hair and your scalp without suds but with the feeling of suds then go ahead and spend your money. I didn't like this because when the shampoo was in my hair with the water it felt great. Web I rinse it out my hair was squeaky clean but it felt like everything had been removed from the hair. I guess that makes it a great clarifier. My second problem was this - I usually finger detangle before shampooing and then lightly use a comb after when applying my conditioner. I couldn't do that with this. The hair closest to the roots had matted and I had to take my time and detangle all over again after shampooing. It's too too strong of a stringent for me and zero slip when rinsed out.

So , I've just finish washing my hair... An ...... I HATED IT! I am absolutely shocked because I've heard good things about This product an it's horrible ! While I was washing my hair It made my hair hard instantly an I had to re shampoo My hair with my carols daughter TUI sulfate free shampoo In order for my hair softness to return an that still didn't do it But when I conditioned it made a difference it brought My normal hair texture back.. I would not recommend the product To any one one of the other things I hated was that it smelled Horrible. I absolutely disliked everything about it.!

Well, it's true...everyone's hair is SO different. I read so many bad reviews on this wash that I almost didn't order it. Then I read one person say it reminded her of Dr. Bronner's castile soap, so I decided to try it because my low porosity hair loves Dr. Bronner's. Well... (drum roll...) I love this hair wash! Some people hate the smell? It smells like honey to me. I don't love or hate it. It's just a honey scent to me. Bottom line, it cleanses gently, leaves the oils in my hair, and softens my hay-like texture. Everything is not for everyone. That saying is SO true. Decide for yourself. Listen to your hair, especially if it is low porosity and difficult to take in moisture. Follow this with a good moisturizing, protein-free conditioner (if you are also protein sensitive like I am) and you are good to go. Follow with a creamy leave-in and a dab of oil or a butter and you will be in soft hair heaven.

this shampoo does not leave your hair feeling very clean at all. its thin and watery...not good for 4c hair .

WORST SMELL AND WORST SHAMPOO!!!! Wish I could rate this a zero! Ughhhhhhhhhhh I have between 3c-4b hair and this crap made my hair feel stiff, tangled and brittle! I heard a lot of great things about this product and saw that it was on the 10 best shampoo's! That was and is false advertisement! This crap is the WORST shampoo everrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I do not see what people like about this crap and the smell is the WORST! It smells like vomit! YUCK I thought it would smell something like honey! smh

I can't believe this shampoo is under the 10 Best Shampoo's category. This is the worst shampoo I have ever used. After I rinsed it out of my hair, my hair was so stiff I could not even run my fingers through it. I think there is way too much honey in this product. Second day hair is completely flat. Honey makes your hair stiff and heavy, I do not recommend at all. I have type 3 hair.

This did not dry my hair out. I purchased it directly from Oyin, and kept it stored in the refrigerator. I have had it for only a couple of months. This product smelled like vomit to me and the smell lingered in my hair. I know my co-workers in my direct vicinity noticed when I washed with this product and had a violent negative reaction to the smell. If it were not for the wretched smell, I would have given it 4 stars.

This can be drying, but it is so nice and gentle. It does spoil, which could cause a prob. for me b/c I am just a big ol' product junkie and I like to rotate and have a Lot of products to do so with. However, this stuff is tops.

Love this stuff. I use it on my hair & face. Will not go back to anything else this is the best. My whole head is happy for the first time in my life. The smell grows on you if you give it a chance.

This product reminds me of a mild Dr. Bronner's. My hair didn't feel stripped after using it. They offer different shampoo scents, so you can choose a smell that suits you. I have the Coco Mango.

I use this as a body wash. Makes good lather and my skin feels soo nice and soft afterwards. The smell is tolerable.

My hair felt tangling and just blah idk like the smell will use it as a body wash.

Omg! I found the best shampoo for me. I love honey and make my own conditioners with it but wanted to try something knew. I hot this with the conditioner and the frank juice. Awesome. The shampoo is rich and I've been reading review about it smell bad, no it don't. I love it. Before I wash, I spray my hair with a mixture of water, glycerin, jojoba oils and wen sweet almond oil which gives my hair a soft feeling then I apply the shampoo. Amazing outcome.

This is an okay wash but the smell makes me not want to use it. I use it maybe once a week but no more than that because it seems like it really does strip the hair. The smell is really why I won't be buying this again.

i am so glad i tried this out. leaves my hair clean but not dried out. i like that i can use as a body wash, too. the smell is delicious

I prefer the poo bar. This can also be used oh a loofah as a bodywash which feels great. Not my favorite poo but still nice to have if I run out of the bar.

Awful...Just plain awful. This left my 3c hair TANGLED and dry.

Firstly the smell. Oh my GOD. Euckhghgh. Terrible. Extremely unappealing. I did try to use it though--made my hair completely tangled and straw like. Its the only product other than baking soda that has ever done that. When I managed to de tangle and condition it was very soft (hence the 2 curls) but it was not for me. Love some of the other Oyin stuff but this was awful for my very fine and thin hair that's porous.

Overall, I like how it hydrates my hair. I did the BC one month ago so I have only tried Giovanni 50/50 products. I like this much better because my hair is soft and moisturized. The smell is a little strong from the hemp but the honey gives a sweet fragrance. Maybe I will try the fig and cedar scent from Oyin later. I would purchase this again and the price is reasonable.

Worked great as a gentle cleanser and body wash. I love the black cedar fig & coco-mango scented one.

I have short mostly 3a hair, but also a mix of 2a-3b, & I love how soft & silky it makes it. it takes out the frizz & keeps moisture so well that all I need is my Diva Dryer & pea sized amount of curl gel & I'm good to go. the back/bottom part of my hair is pretty straight, so the moisture also helps me be able to style it more easily. The only bad part is that it's hard to see foam, so it feels like you need a lot, & my hair does get a bit thick/gunky after too many washes (also makes my blonde a bit brassy), but I fix that by using a regular color-lock shampoo about once a month to get it fresh & fix the color. Even though I use a lot it has lasted me quite a few months as well.

Left my hair squeaky clean (not a good thing because squeaking suggests both buildup and too drying) and my face at my hairline irritated (felt "hot" for hours afterward

Must be shaken before use: consistency of water, difficult to distribute through hair. It made my shoulder-length 3A hair difficult to comb through, thick and straw-like to the touch. It dried soft with a moderate amount of residue around the crown. Does not rinse out clean. On top of all that, the packaging is not waterproof, and the ink from the label will come off all over your hands. Smells a bit like pungent hemp and cinnamon. Not a repurchase.

This was great on my fine frizzy hair, especially in the humid weather we are having now. I felt that I didn't need much conditioner. I still love my Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, but will use this on alternate days. I used Kinky Curly Knot Today and Quidad Climate Control with it. This all worked great together. I have fought my hair for years and this is great. No frizz without silicones or build-up! For the client who complained about ordering, if you order your products from the Naturally Curly website you never have a problem with anything.

A wonderfully gentle and moisturizing hair wash.

Saponified Organic Oils of Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed, and Olea europa (Olive), Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice (Organic), Honey, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Juglans regia (Walnut) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Acacia Gum, Algin (Sodium Alginate), Rosemary Extract, Fragrance.
Ingredient Attributes: moisture