anti-humectant

Carols Daughter Hair Milk

8 oz | Styler

Product Rating: 2.75 Curls (Rated 3/5 based on 53 reviews) Login to add your review

This light, fast-absorbing lotion for the hair is made with essential oil of lemongrass to stimulate natural oil production. Vitamins C and E provide an antioxidant boost while a hint of lily of the v Read More...

I use this for my daughter's 4a curls and love it!! It is light and gets rid of all the frizz. Not at all greasy and the scent is great. It leaves her hair shiny and soft.

Moisturizer is very LIGHT on thick curls. This products not powerful enough to hydrate 4b curls efficiently. It smells great though!

I was a fan of Carol's Daughter products back in the day when I used to buy them from her in a brownstone in Brooklyn. It pains me to say how much I don't like the hair milk for one reason - it's just too dang greasy! There's a big difference between moisturized hair and tending an oil slick. I like my hair to be shiny but not that kind of shine. The scent is also way too strong. I've also tried the "lite" version and it's just as bad. Sorry but I have to give this product a thumbs down.

love this product. the clean scent and my well defined springy curls. My problem is the bottle is to small for my thick and long 4c hair that now runs down my back. The product just doesn't last long enough. I don't want to buy three and four bottles at a time only to last me a month.

Yes, I agree the smell is not the best out of other products. But, with that being said, I love this product for twist outs. My hair stays moisturized, its shiny and the twists hold. I admit that I dont do second day hair, but I dont have to add additional product the second day. I also dont have much shrinkage.

I just tried a sample that I received a month or so ago. I have 3b.. I think but very dry hair.. nothing gives me moisture. I used deva curl one condition and then I put a small amount about 2 dimes of the hair milk, scrunched and then followed up with a bit of BRHG and it seems to be working really well...something that holds my hair down and gives it a little weight is a good thing. . I think it's good for really dry frizzy hair that is hard to define, it's something I'm constantly searching for. I don't like the smell at first, couldn't figure out what it was..on curl mart someone mentioned Pledge!!! That is exactly it!! Ha ha but it does seem to go away once it dries. The only think I find with natural products is that they tend to make the back of my scalp a little itchy.. not sure why.. morrocean oil curl creme did the same thing.. I do like this much better though and can stand a little itchness once I get used to it.. hey, if you have dry frizzy hair, it's worth it to spend a little more to get the results.. I do my own toe nails and save there! : )

I actually think this is a pretty decent product with moisturizing properties and a nice clean scent. I'm not convinced that it is worth the asking price however.

I was very excited about buying this product yesterday..so I used this morning and it is very good..I just need to follow the instruction exactly..it said to use a dime amount and they are right..I used to much I did blend in but next time will use a little less.

oh...you mean this stuff was not supposed to sit on my hair? Cuz that's exactly what it did. no added softness...no sheen...just blah...and all of the ingredients at the end that i can't read or pronounce? Turn off. Left not one defined curl on my 4a head.

This is one of the first styling curl products I've tried on my transitioning 3c hair and in comparison to a few other products i've tried this one bites the dust. While it takes care of my frizz it gives my no definition (maybe its too light?) A little goes a long way (too much and your headed for the shower again for a greasy wash out)

I traveled to Sephora to get free samples of this product. I wasn't very sure whether the product would provide long lasting hold. I washed my hair well, deep conditioned for 15 minutes, and followed up with the hair milk. It left my hair undefined, tangled, stringy looking, and far from what I'd imagine. It was disappointing. This hair milk may (though I haven't tested it) work better as a leave-in as opposed to a styling product.

Not good for my hair type. It left my hair feeling very greasy. I also don't think my hair sucked any of the product up. It all washed out at the end of the day.

A co worker had recently purchased this for me and I was not so happy with the results. The product was too greasy and it barely gave me any curl definition. I have been wanting to try this product for a while because so many of my curly head friends love it but my opinion it sucked. I'm grateful my co worker thought of me when buying this product but I'm sad that I don't like it. It reminds me of pink lotion. Thick and consists of that strong fragance scent. Oh yes and too oily also.

I was going to re-think my decision to take this product back to Sephora since it was named one of the best of 2010, but I sincerely think that this product is not for me. My hair was starved for moisture and this product did make it look more hydrated and shiny, but it also looked piecey, producty, and worst of all greasy. The smell also leaves something to be desired. I didn't like how this product weight my hair down or the curl formation I got from it. Thanks, but no thanks...

I found a winner! I used other products that have big a hype, and none of them really worked for my hair.I would end up disappointed and mad that i spent so much money and something that worked so less than average. This stuff is the best, I have really dry hair and this leaves my hair very moistured, and has nice curl definition also. The smell is pretty pleasant too.:)

I love this product. It's wonderful. I use a tiny drop (dime sized) after deep conditioning to moisturize my curls and it works wonderful. It's light enough to use on a second day if necessary to hydrate my curls, but I usually use Carol's Daughter's Hair Butter for that. This is my second string product line when I'm out of Miss Jessies which is still my favorite product line.

i really have not used this product before because i feel that it is too expensive. so i only gave it the rating for the cost. but i have been on the look out for products that are not so expensive and are supposed to do the same thing. i do believe i found just that with Organics Africa's Best leave-in conditioners (olive oil, shea butter, and hair mayo). I use either one before i go to bed or for styling or for daily use. they smell good and natural and they are not too greasy (no matter how much i use) and they give my hair a great shine. of course through out the day with the type of hair you have you can't eliminate all frizz as your hair hits the elements of the outside world but it does help alot. i love the leave-ins and would not go out and spend $8 more than what i have to if i can get the same type or better results from something less expensive. just wanted to say that. peace ya'll

I do use it everyday because it is all I have for now. I have to use a little bit of mousse with it to get keep it from looking so greasy bcs If you use a lot it will. Then again if you don't use enough your hair frizzes when it dries. This isn't the best product I've used. Plus, I HATE the way it smells.

I'm not sure how I feel about this product...gave me good definitely and cut down on frizz initially, but I think my hair frizzed out as it dried and it made my ends scraggly.

Pretty decent. I used it on my two strand twists and I used it for my afro puff. The moisture is sufficient, not too greasy, although I didn't use a lot because I had a sample size. I can tell buy the consistency that it would be a greasy situation if too much was used. It reminds me of Pink Oil Moisturizer... anyone remember that?

I use this on my son's 3c curls. They moisturize and define his curls. I use it on his hair wet or dry 2-3 times weekly. I only use this on my hair wet or damp and is moisturizes and defines my curls. When I have attempted to use on dry hair it tends to frizz more.

The hair milk is okay...It did control a bit of the frizz, but it took a ton of product to accomplish that and it didn't give my curls the definition I wanted. And the smell is nice but a bit overpowering for a hair product, in my opinion. My head smelled like a big lemon...and I guess it didn't help that had like half the bottle in my head!

I wish I didn't even have to give this a "curl". I was very hopeful about this product and tried my hardest to make it work. It always left my hair sticky, looking greasy and dry all at the same time. The smell is horrible too, like lemon pledge. No thanks!

Very light, smells great, and a litte goes a long way.

The first time I bought this I swore I would never buy it again. It just sat on my hair and did nothing. My hair was still dry. Then as my hair grew out I noticed my 3c curls, which has a different porosity than my 4a liked the hair milk. So now I use two different moisturizers.

Sorry, but I can't use this. It just sits on my hair and makes it look oily. I find the scent offensive, too. I know they are trying to stick to natural ingredients, but I can't afford to smell like I rubbed myself with kitchen oil. The earthy lemongrass fragrance is the least of their problems. They need to work on the formula and neutralize that cooking oil smell they are trying to mask with the lemongrass. I wished I had better things to report, but it's not the case. Can't recommend.

This product definitely does what it says on the bottle, but leaves a grease factor that's a huge turn off. There are much MUCH more superior milks out there for the price.

Liked the texture; not greasy but I had to apply more than just a little bit to feel it in my hair. Pricey product.

Not worth it! It takes forever to get the horrible smell out!

This has to be the worst product I have tried thus far... I just can't believe the fuss over this stuff. TERRIBLE!!! I threw mine away. I has a very offensive smell, it reminds me of pine-sol. I left my daughter's hair greasy and brittle @ the same time. Then the next day it was hard. It took about 3 washes to get the fool smell out. Never again. I think I'm giving up on Carol's Daughter all together.

I HATED this product, yep I hated it so much I GAVE it away. I have a few friends that use it for their childrens hair but only one seems to LOVE it and I find it strange because her daughter has 4a/b hair but then again her hair retains moisture while my 3b/c daughter's hair does not. I used this product maybe 3 times, I dont like the way it feels, it dries her hair as well as my fingers. It's NOT worth the money, I thought milk would be a little thicker in it's consistency. Would NOT recommend this product and I wasnt too big on the lemony smell. Currently still looking for a moisturizer.

Hellz to the no! I would've been better off melting down the wax that Laughing Cow cheese is packaged in and applying it to my hair, because that's exactly what this bottle of fruit loop smelling blah felt like in my hair. Greasy, waxy, and dry all at once. Shame on Lisa Price for this one...

I love this stuff; it's definitely a staple! After much trial and error I found this hair milk works best on wet hair and is perfect for washNgo styles; I've even used it for twistouts w/ Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey (best shine and definition ever). This Hair Milk helps define my curls, reduce frizz and once dry, the strong lemongrass scent fades and I have great sheen and bounce. Honestly, when used alone this was not moisturizing enough; now, I apply this on top of Qhemet Biologics' Burdock Root Butter Cream after co-washing for washNgos and BAMM! When used on dry hair the lemongrass scent is too strong and you're more likely to use too much causing greasiness. I definitely think this produce takes a few tries both on wet and dry hair to determine whether or not it will work for your hair type and styles.

I use this on my 2 daughters hair. It works lovely on their hair, and leaves it shiny and soft! I think it's worth the buy if you don't over use it!

I bought this for my curly headed children, who all have different types. With all the raves, I was confident it would work for at least 1 of them. For the 2b/3a child it was way too heavy, as well as the 3a/3b child. For the 3c child it was still greasy, yet it left his hair dry. The oils were too heavy and would not absorb. I found the stuff useless and hate that I wasted all that money on it!

Tried this product on BOTH damp and dry hair. It worked well both times. Be sure to follow directions: it DOES say to use sparingly --> hence why some people may say it's greasy. (1) used it to moisturize damp/almost dry twists before i went to bed, just to add some shine and prevent frizzies. That was the ONLY product i used on freshly washed hair, so the results were on a "clean slate". I woke up, undid the twists (with a DIME SIZED amount of it rubbed in my palms) and my hair was kinda fluffy and soft. (2) I used it the next day on my twist out and it worked just fine. it was okay. If someone bought this for me as a gift i wouldn't be offended :) but as far as buying it on my own...COLLEGE KID!

When I rubbed it in my fingers, I said "Oh yes," but when I rubbed it in my hair, I said "Oh NO!" I was very disappointed in this little $18 eight oz bottle of trickery. Left my coils feeling dry and brittle. Maybe its just my 4a/4b mane.

DISGUSTING! This product left my hair greasy and dry...yes, that's right,greasy AND dry. The only good thing about this product is the scent.

great all-day moisturizer and smells interesting. good but interesting. i wish it defined my curls better but other than that gud!

I wanted to like this product but it only works for one day. I ran out of my other products so I bought the Hair Milk since it was local. I do not like the smell. I tried on damp and dry hair. It works a little better on damp hair. My hair is hard the next day as if I put no product in it.

Great product, if it's for your hair type. Didn't moisturize my hair very well. Can be very greasy if you use too much. Smells fabulous!!

This product did nothing for my hair except make it stringy. I think it's just too heavy/moisturizing. I tried it several times with the same results.

This is probably for lighter hair textures because it isnt moisturizing enough. Also I hate the smell and it lingers for a long time.

I find this product to be great. the best time to use it is when you just get done washing and conditioning your hair. It's less greasy and more defined. But if you use it on dry hair, it's hard to tell if you're using too little or too much. I only gave it 4 stars because of the price. Other than that, I would say that if you are wearing your hair down, don't put too much and let it air dry. It's in my hair right now and it's soft and defined.

Really wanted to like this product, but it left my hair dry and greasy at the same time.

My daughter has very curly hair and the Hair Milk works really well on her hair!!! I use the black Vanilla products too!!

Wow, what a smell! Had me sneezing all day! I can't tell you if it did much because I was too busy sneezing. Had to give it away after only a handful of times using it. I think it did moisturize my daughter's hair and felt silky.

has a very strange, distinctive smell. i had varying results. a little bit made my hair soft, but sometimes the same amount made it greasy. i had trouble washing it out of my hair, and i didn't feel like it was working, but it didn't ruin. it wasn't my miracle product, but it could be someone else's.

not pleased at all this left my hair greasy and hard. im so glad i bought it from sephora-thank God for refunds

This product is great as a moisterizer before I go to bed and to refresh my hair in the morning. I love the fragrance.

Another product that I was very disappointed with in the end. The smell, I do not know how to describe it. It smells like some kind of funky herb, not pleasant at all. It did not provide any kind of curl definition for my hair. It was thin and watery.

this is a great product- I always layer it under whatever gel or glaze i'm using that day. It moisturizes my hair, imparts shine & smells really good!

The amazing thing about this product is that it puts definition into each curl, giving my curls moisture and shape without weighing them down. I only have to use about a quarter-size amount for hair that reaches my lower back. It's very light-weight and it tames the frizz. What makes it a lot better than other products is that it's made out of nautral ingredients without parabens, sulfates, and any synthetic crap. It also helps to use for touch-ups throughout the day. The only down side is that it has an odd smell.

Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja(Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Beeswax, Essential Oil of Lemongrass, Fragrance (Parfum), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Bicarbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxydrocinnamate.
Ingredient Attributes: anti-humectant