moisture detangling frizz control anti-humectant

Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave-In Conditioner

8 oz | Leave-in Conditioner, Detangler, Styler, Refresher

see all Karen's Body Beautiful products

Product Rating: 4.19 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 88 reviews) Login to add your review

You're only a few dabs away from lush radiant and soft hair. Karen's hair milk moisturizes the detangles, defrizzes and defines your curls. Apply a generous amount to hair when damp. Also can be Read More...

I have tried plenty of creamy leave in conditioners and most do not blend in with my hair. So I started using spray leave in, but I got this conditioner in my Curlkit and immediately was satisfied. This is a great leave in, and I love the way it makes my hair feel.

This product consistency was like water. Also the packaging was not a pump bottle. What a waste of money I wish I could get a refund. It made my hair dry dry dry.... Did I say dry?

I was disappointed with this leave in. I like the smell. Im not sure why but the consistency of the tube that I received was very runny and from what i've seen on YouTube reviews its supposed to have a medium consistency...I will not reorder it again.

not worth it. My hair ended up looking soooo freezy and dry, Soft but dry. not worth the money when I have to add a styling product when I already paid $16 for just one thing. Going back to the wonderful Ouidad climate control gel.

love this leave in, does real good on my hair,hair is very soft.

I never considered giving this product 5 stars, but I wanted to give it 4. I couldn't, though. Here's why: It gets one star for the weight/feel of the conditioner: it's soft and light and absorbs nicely into my 4C/4B hair. It gets another star for how it makes my hair look: once it's dry, it really does define my curls, but not too much so as to make them look gelled or crunchy. It gets its third star for its endurance: it lasts all day long. My hair doesn't start to lose sheen or shape after a few hours—KBB keeps things looking good. It loses the last two stars for two important reasons, though. 1. Moisturization: this product does not make my hair feel softer or smoother. That's something I really need for a leave-in conditioner, and this just does not deliver. It's a bummer because I'd take moisture over curl definition any day! 2. Smell: woof. Well, everyone is different, so some may enjoy this Lavender Vanilla fragrance. I, sadly, am not one of them. To my senses, it smells like the least delicious of freshener tree choices you'd get at the car wash. Not for me. At all. I'll use the rest of the bottle because it was priiiicey, and I might try it again in a new scent on the KBB website (Chamomile Sage, White Tea, or Unscented maybe?), but I haven't decided yet.

I cannot live without this stuff. Well actually I can but I don't want to.

Great moisturizer! I would purchase again. The smell is nice but subtle.

I thought this product might be too thick for my 2b waves, but it actually works really well. It's not very thick and it smells lovely. It's going to be a staple in my regimen for sure.

So I was a little skeptical about trying this leave-in only because I don't like the way cream leave in leave the white stuff visible. But I must say that this is a very lightweight cream conditioner which makes it easy to massage into hair and not leave residue.

Hands down the BEST leave-in I have ever tried! The slip is out of this world, which makes it super easy to detangle my strands. I'm definitely buying this again when I run out!

IT'S A YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hands down the best leave in I have ever used. Smells great, very pleased with the ingredients and the slip is on point. A new staple.

This product makes me happy :) I love that you can choose which scent or no scent because I am picky about smells. I bought the Egyptian Musk. It smells sort of laundry-fresh with a hint of perfume. Next time I will try the Pomegranate Guava. The texture of this product is like a lotion and it melts into your hair. It is curl defining but promotes softness and shine. I thought I would never give my up my Knot Today but I have happily replaced it with this. I find that when I comb with this in my hair, I have less breakage. I heard it was good for blow drying too, I can't wait to try that. I don't like the price but this is very worth it.

It did not provide the slip of the Kinky Curly leave-in, but my hair was much softer with a noticeable shine. I cannot give it more stars because of the scent and the price. I would buy it again on sale and in a different scent.

Love this! My hair never seems to be moisturized, but this product got rid of that problem. After applying it, Mr curls had life and definition. I'd recommend this fit anyone with excessively dry hair.

So far so good. It does make my hair soft and it absorbs into my hair pretty well, I always have a problem with creamy products being hard to rub in and leaving my hair looking white. It works well with raw coconut oil. I absolutely love how it smells, as someone has mentioned before, it smells like hair perfume, without being too strong. Will continue to see how it works out.

This conditioner is the business. It melts right into my strands.I believe I have 4ab hair. Definitely added to my staples. It's pricey but worth it stalk up when it's on sale

My hair LOVES this leave in conditioner. I also like the sweet smell. It has a good slip as well.

I do see what the hype is about don't get me wrong. But, there are several other leave in's that I can get on the ground for cheaper. If you stay in an area where it is hard to find products, I would get this product. But, if you are like me and live around several beauty supplies, salon stores, and Target I wouldn't buy this product. If you want to try it, she is going to be at Target shortly. I would wait. I don't plan on purchasing this leave in. But, her BUTTER, now that is another story.

THIS STUFF RIGHT HEEEEEERE!!! THIS STUFFF RIGHT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE... IS NOW A STAPLE. I am new to the natural hair communicty (almost a year now) and this is an AMAZING conditioner with slip and IT MAKES MY HAIR SUPER DUPERPIDUPER SOFT (yes I just said that, that's how excited I am; I'm FINALLY finding things that work for my hair) This product with forever stay stocked in my cabinet.

I really don't think that this product has lived up to all of my expectations after reading all the reviews on here and then buying two bottles!! It makes my hair feel weighed down and waxy, I also expected it to shine more......I am so tired of spending money on things that don't help or work....disappointed : (

Thank you KBB for giving me another staple. I never really cared for leave ins I only used them in my layering process after washing my hair. This leave in is wonderful. I can use it alone and every day if I want. It is light weight but packs a heavy punch.

Honestly, I do not like anything about this product. After using it twice, it made my hair very curly in some areas and extremely puffy in other areas. It also gave my hair a dry look and feel. This leave in conditioner does absolutely nothing to moisturize or enhance curl pattern. It is placed as a frizz control and anti-humectant when ironically it left my hair puffy even before I stepped outside in the over- 90 degree weather ( and even more so after I went outside) so my hair ended up in a bun before the end of the day. After using it only twice, I realized that this was the product's effect on my hair, not merely a bad hair day. By the way, I do not understand how so much people are swayed by the scent. To me this just smells powdery and sickly sweet. I'm glad that I received this product from a friend instead of buying it myself.

Im a 3c/4a with low porosity, fine/thin strands and high density. I LOVEEEEEE this. It's not heavy on the hair, softens, detangles good if you REALLY work it into your hair(finger detangling) and is a great moisturizer if you seal properly. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it. I highly recommend and I am going to repurchase in a larger size because since it is a liquid based product(i tend to be a little heavy handed) I need more to last me longer.

LOVE this product. It is by far the best moisturizer I have come across. It smells delicious, helps with detangling, it will also give your hair a nice natural shine to it. I apply this at night and either twist or braid my hair and in the morning my hair feelx extremely soft. Works wonders!!! I high recommend this product!!

This makes my 3A/B hair silky soft, and I absolutely love the scent!

IMO, another excellent product from KBB!

Whoa...I have been hearing about this stuff on the natural circuit it seems like for about a year now. I have ordered from KBB before but never this. Well let me say this stuff smells AMAZING! It works great like any other leave-in: example, Koils By Nature (my favorite), Giovanni, Kinky Curly Knot Today and Darcy's Botanicals. But the potent smell is what sets it apart from the rest. Holy Cow!

This leave-in conditioner is one of my staples for moisturizing my hair. My hair responded well to this product. I have been using this for over a year now. It truly makes a difference in the texture and suppleness of my hair.

It was ok. It didn't do anything a cheaper product would do.

This leave in works great for my (3a-3b) hair, great slip to it and my tangles disappear after i apply it, i use this then devacare arc angel gel then KBB jojoba hair oil and my curls look great and stay defined and moisturized. Only reason i dont give it 5 stars is because even though i love the smell some people might not and its a bit pricey. All and all i will be buying it again whenever i run out.

I love this product! It keeps my hair very moisturized!

Tonight, I used Karen's Body Beautiful leave-in conditioner for the very first time. My hair has never felt so good! The leave-in literally melted my hair. I absolutely have found a staple leave-in and I love it!!!!!

This product does everything it says it's does in the description and smells great. Love this leave in conditioner!!!

After reading the reviews on this product I had to try it. From 3 days of using this product I must say that i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it ! My hair stays moisturized and soft and its very light on my hair. The only thing is that I wished it came in a bigger bottle.

Does this product need another positive review? Probably not, but I'm going to give my two cents anyway. My 4C hair L.O.V.E.S. this product!!! It takes my hair from funky to delicious in under 30 seconds - BAMM! Who doesn't love soft manageable hair? Okay, I'm done. :)

This stuff smells so strong I'm afraid to use it. It smells EXACTLY like this bottle of lavender vanilla Swiffer furniture polish. I tried it as a moisturizer, that didn't work. We'll see if I can get any luck as a leave in.

This is an amazing leave in! I also use it when I blow dry and flat iron my hair. It makes my hair feel so soft and silky and provides great shine. Definite staple!

3c: I love this Product! I really fell in love with it when my Hubby ran his hand through it and said it felt good!!! :) That was the Deal Breaker!!

This makes me soooo happy! This works soo yummiliciously with my 3c type hair. I love it. I apply this after I take a shower and then I use this with my Devacurl anGel, I diffuse, and then my curls are happy and I'm confident :) I liket this because it works through my hair very smoothly and I can feel it being absorbed into my hair, it's nice. It smells nice. It's perfectly light on my hair, it doesn't weight it down, which is how I like to wear my curls. I would recommend ladies to try this once if you haven't!

This leave in is quite moisturizing however it lacked enough slip for me probably because it is more on the watery side and I prefer thicker creamier leave ins.

I use to buy this product a couple of years ago when it was called Hair milk still and it use to be the most amazing product ever. I would use a quarter size and my curls would boune to life and I received so many compliments! Now, this product is NOT the same. I have tried using it again several times but Never get the same results. I don't recommend this anymore.

Hair type: 3c/4a OMG this poduct was sent from heaven to me.... I LOVEEEEEEEEE this product...This is the BEST leave-in I have EVER tried in my whole life...likeeeeeeeee my hair feels so moisturized when i put it on and after I seal it with my favorite oil...Also, the moisture stays in my hair days after so I really dont have to keep reapplying the product....Karen put her toe,nail, foot, hand, and whatever else in this product...I don't care how much it cost I will buy it again...p.s. a little goes a long wayyyyyyyyy

4a. This is the first KBB products I've tried and I must say it matches the description. It made my hair super soft and it was moisturizing. The only downfall is that it didn't have a pump like the picture, I was looking forward to a pump! Overall, this makes me wanna try more of Karens products.

This is a moisturizing leave in that has a great smell, but I would like to try out the other scents from Karen's body beautiful website. It leaves my hair soft and does not have a tacky feeling.

Nice, moisturizing leave-in. Smells good, but to some can seem overwhelming. I like smelly "perfumey" hair, so this was not an issue, but could see how it easily could be. Haven't used on dry hair yet, tried and felt I was using too much product, so I diluted with water. So far nice addition to my hair care family.

I have a mixture of hair. 4a at the back and 4b on the sides and crown. My hair tends to be very dry and get very tangled. I'm still in an in-between stage since my BC in May 2011. I have a lot of shrinkage so my hair is not long, but also not short anymore so I wear twist outs almost always. I never know what to use on my hair and feel like I've tried so many different products. This has been one of a few products that I am religious about. It has become my go-to product. I can count on it daily to soften my hair without weighing it down or making it feel greasy. The dryness and tangles completely disappear. I ran out once without having a spare bottle. Once. Let's just say, I will never let that happen again.

I love this stuff! I have been a regular user of KC Knot today, but I like this better. The price? Now, I am not too with that!

I really like the way this smells!! I might just use it a hair perfume that just happens to have the benefit of making my coils feel soft and unusually easy to stretch for a nice twist-out. It makes it easy to manipulate my wet hair while I'm twisting it. It's also a decent refresher for a twist-out when I don't mind losing some of the curl definition from the twists. Sweet Ambrosia works for this because it helps fluff up my twist-out and moisturized it a bit without making it revert a lot from its stretched state. I only need to use a little bit.

This product definitely smells divine! Love the fact that I can still smell it in my hair three days later. It did help to give some curl definition, but my hair didn't really feel soft afterwards. I typically use Kinky Curly Knot Today in the Kimmaytube mixture. When I tried this leave-in, I used it solo, without the Aloe Vera juice, Jojoba and Castor Oil. I think next week I'll try it in the mixture and see if that helps to keep my hair soft. I really do love the scent.

Updated review on this product. Found that if I use this as a heat protectant prior to blow drying, my hair feels wonderfully soft. I apply this on top of Oyin Hair Dew and it does the trick. Not a fan of the smell but it does the job and then some

I think this product is just ok for me. It's gotta strong smell but it doesn't really do enough to make my hair feel conditioned as a normal leave in will. It definitely made my hair soft but it didnt really impress me besides using it as a heat protectant

I just did the Big Chop. Two pumps of this product was enough to refresh my curls but then again I don't have much hair on my head. I think I would need a larger bottle for the price if I had a lot of hair. The smell was great..not too strong. I HATE strong smells. It left my hair soft. I would order again although I may have to look for a cheaper product when my hair grows long.

It's okay. I have incredibly thick hair, so it really took about 1/4 to 1/5 of the bottle to even affect my hair. The positives: it made my hair really soft, and (I think) less prone to tangles. It also smells decent; it doesn't smell product-y, and it's not particularly overwhelming. The cons: It detangles too much---as in, I lost quite a bit of definition with this product. It didn't work so well with my curl definers, and I wasn't about to go buy new gel to find out if I could make it work. With this product, I could guarantee softness, but it came at the price of frizziness and lack of definition.

Great light moisturizer on dry hair. On wet hair, however, it's too light for my hair. I prefer the Oyin Hair Dew.

My hair is low porosity so I usually have to plop after using a leave in conditioner after cowashing. This was not the case with this product. My hair absorbed it very well and left my hair softer than after my deep conditioning sessions! I also use this on dry hair with my Oyin Homemade Pomade to retwist! I love this stuff!

This is an excellent leave in detangles any texture of hair like a breeze

I give this 4 stars only because it will not replace my curl junkie smoothing lotion! I use this when i switch up my regimen. it gives great results and so moisturizing along with the camille rose twisting butter! i love it secondary to my smoothie lotion

This stuff is amazing!!!! It smells divine and it leaves my hair extra silky smooth and soft. The scent is not overwhelming, and it goes well with sealants like Olive oil.

This product is great for definition and moisturizing whether your hair is wet or dry. Really good for daily use.

Super moisturizing

I freaking love this stuff!!! It gives my hair amazing slip & softness & it also smells great! I use it as a leave in & a refresher throughout the week & it works great! It leaves no build up on my hair & it leaves a nice shine! Its my Hoily Grail product!!

This stuff is amazing to me although my ingredients were not the same on my bottle as listed here on the curlmart site. Regardless, the stuff worked some magic. I used this to retwist mid week (after a twist out failer the night before using another product) on dry hair with the butter love as my sealer. I will definitely repurchase. My hair has a nice sheen and luster which I love (not greasy looking). I used the butter love to take down my twists as well by dabbing my fingers slightly. I use the butter love for every twist take down for a great looking twist out.

I really like this leave-in. I like to use it as a refresher or when I want to detangle and restlye my hair. It smells great, has awesome slip and I don't have to use a lot of the product. Definitely worth a try ladies! :)

This leave-in makes my hair soooo soft. When I used it as a styler it gave me no definition what so ever. So now, it's my go to for when I want to wear my fro. It also works well under a gel for a wash and go and to scrunch out any crunchy curls. The lavender vanilla smells dreamy, but I have to be careful not to use to much. The fragrance can be overwhelming.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG... THIS IS THE BESTTTTTTTTTTTT LEAVE-IN EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! The smell in itself gets 10 stars! When I applied it to my hair, my hair felt so soft and my detangled time was less! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I just ran out of this product today and I am about to get moreeeeeeeeeeeeee now!!! Worth it, I so recommend this to every1!

Haven't used the old formula, but current one is a great leave in for me, not too light, not too heavy, just right, and an amazing detangler. Tried it as a rinse out too, and liked it.

I have type 4A. I love this product talk about softness and the smell is amazing!!

I really like this leave-in. It smells good and makes my hair feel soft and moisturized.

I love this as a remoisturizer. I mix it with water and spray it on my 2nd day hair. Love their scents too. Would have given it 5-stars but I wish it was a little heavier for me to use it alone.

It's a nice leave-in, and did offer slip, but definitely didn't impress me. I felt like I had to use too much to get it to work, and my hair is not that long (7in) but it is pretty dense. I have other products that do similar with a less amount.

This leave-in did nothing for my hair, and I think it's because it relies too heavily on glycerine. Which is pretty lame if you ask me. It was also a little too thin for my hair, so I was a little hesitant on using it. Will not be purchasing this again.

I purchased this product in the "UNSCENTED" version. I am someone that does suffer with allergies. And, I didn't want to take my chances with any of Karen's scented versions. I am truly glad that I discovered this product. It is such an AWESOME one! I like to use it as a leave in on wet (freshly cleansed hair). It distributes very well, penetrates rather quickly, doesn't leave a residue, and it makes my hair feel very soft. This is one of the best leave ins that I have ever tried! And, I will certainly continue to use such in my hair as long as Karen continues to make it.

I have 4a/b hair. I am in love with this product. It keeps my hair very soft and moisturize. Can wait to try the Hair Nectar.

I. Love. This. Sweet Ambrosia has to be the best leave-in that's ever touched my hair. It's so soft and it smells fantastic after I put it on. I can't say how much I love this stuff! I will be looking into getting more KBB products!

I don't think it has enough conditioning properties.

I love this product, my hair was so soft and looked great once it dry! Will be repurchasing thus product !

The more my hair matures in its natural state, the more moisture it demands. KBB Ambrosia delivers. I can use it to boost conditioners on wet hair, to twist or bantu knot on dry hair. I look for the sales and stock up. The Nectar works as well and I think it has less glycerin.

This product truly moisturizes my hair. I use it on dry or barely damp hair and the moisture is immediate! I have it in Lavender vanilla scent and the smell is divine!

It's nice, but as much as I try to love it, it doesn't wow me. I think there are better products out there. Moisturizing, but I definitely need to use it with another styler and have other products for detangling.

i may have to divorce my Kinky Curly Knot Today. I never thought I'd see the day... SLIP! SO MUCH SLIP! I don't detangle with leave ins, but i appreciate how slippery and moisturizing it is. I use leave ins to style my hair. I have tightly coiled very shrinkable hair that gets dry fast. This gave me a fluffy, soft, defined twist out. YUMMY HAIR. lavendar vanilla smells like baby wipes though. my mom thought it smelled wonderful. I also had the egyptian musk. Not a fan. Different strokes... i haven't tried a leave in conditioner in about a year, but my oh my this is the STUFF.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Sweet Ambrosia and Butter Love are staples for me! :-D This leave in makes my hair sooooo soft! It also makes a great moisturizer for second day, third day and "so on day" hair! I also love that fact that the ingredients are things I can pronounce! And, the ingredients are (almost, but not quite) 100% natural! lol! <3

I recently received this product when I ordered the buy 2 get 1 free deal from KBB. I always thought the hair milk would be a little too thick for my hair after reading and watching some reviews on this product. But I actually really like the formula of this leave in conditioner. For me, it moisturized my hair a great deal but it wasn't a great frizz buster. Overall, I really like this product and will most likely buy again.

didnt really work with my 4b curls it was very drying but it did penetrate y hair however it did not protect from frizz or dryness didnt last me an entire day

This is a great leave in or styler.....I have the best results when I do a follow up with aubreys leave in

This product really helped soften my 4 day old rod set. I have a natural with 4a at the roots&edges and 2B/3B throughout. My hair tends to get dry on the ends and crunchy around the edges a few days after washing. I ordered the Coco Mango scent. Loving the scent. I can not stop touching my hair. Can not wait to use this product when my hair is damp and try some of the other scents. Finally found a daily moisturizer!!

This is an awesome conditioner. It has great slip. My hair feels very soft after using it. It melts knots. If you are sensitive to fragrances, unscented may be the way to go. I find that all of the KBB products are very heavy-handed with their fragrances. I have used several bottles of this product and continue to enjoy it.

the best moisturizer ever for my 4a hair. one application last me about 3 days. thats rare gor my shilder length twist.

Purified Water, Jojoba, Avocado and Coconut Oils, Vegetable Wax, Panthenol, Arnica, Calendula, Echinacea, Nettle & Horsetail Extracts, Vegetable Glycerin, Wheat Germ Oil, Essential and/or Fragrance Oil, Ascorbic Acid & Vitamin E.
Ingredient Attributes: moisture, detangling, frizz control, anti-humectant