moisture frizz control

Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic Curl Stimulator

18 fl oz | Styler

see all Uncle Funky's Daughter products

Product Rating: 4.17 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 24 reviews) Login to add your review

Flex your supercurl muscle naturally with our aloe-based, firm hold curl enhancing gel. Curls become more defined and manageable with a nourished, brilliant shine. Curly Magic delivers superior result Read More...

This review is for the OLD formulation. Whyyyyyyyy oh whyyyyy did they change it? I've had excellent hair days with this. I've been squeezing 1-2 pumps of this (I have medium density, BSL hair) into my hair wet to soaking wet. Then I squeeze my hair again with a cotton tshirt to take some of the water out. Afterwards I airdry or diffuse using the curlformers soft-hood bonnet. I've gotten really nice, soft, natural-looking waves. I know on the bottle it says it is marketed for more curly/kinky types, but if you're a wavy don't hesitate to try it! I'm pretty bummed they've changed the formulation. If it ain't broke, why change it? It was definitely one of their more popular items... not sure why they decided to change it. I'm not sure I'd order the new formulation because it has glycerin as one of the first few ingredients and I'm glycerin-sensitive. Boo!

This is for the old formulation, and not the newly reformulated one. The old formula works great! It can be used during all seasons(no matter the temps or humidity levels). It defines, keeps my curls from frizzing up, leaves my curl with a natural shine to it, and it comes in a huge bottle. It's scent smells okay, nothing that I found to be bothersome. And, even though it is pricey, I always felt that I was getting my money worth. So, I didn't mind paying the high price for it.

Great curl enhancer! Great all natural ingredients. Brushes out nicely too! Use without a moisturizer for a more defined look.

I love this product- it's great on wet hair as my curl enhancer, which I always top with a hard hold gel. This has a light to medium hold for me, but does control frizz and keeps my curls clumped. My favorite use for this product, however, is on dry hair. I smooth it on at the end of the day if I'm going out, or on 2nd day hair- it reclumps the curls and smooths frizzies. I will definitely repurchase.

I love this stuff! It makes my curls pop so good. I have 3c, 4a hair and it also feels like its moisturizing as well. I get 2nd, 3rd and even 4th day hair from it and it gets bigger as the days go by!

this product is awesome. It is awesome at defining curls. It has great slip, better than kinky curly. You can use it over a heavy moisturizer to get more of a soft hold. If you use too much it can get crunchy but I dont mind. The hair is so shiny and well defined. My fro is perfectly shaped. this is a repurchase for me.

I just used this today as my only styler over a LI, and the results were great! Soft, shiny, moisturized curls that are bouncy and natural looking. So far, love it! Just wish it wasn't so expensive :(

I like this product but I am not in love with this product. First the price is outrageous when I can get the same result with Eco styler for a fraction of the cost. The smell however is awesome. The consistency is sticky like melted marshmallows. overall I would not repurchase it because I can get the same results from Eco styler.in my opinion.

I have found my HG. After 3 years and thousands of dollars spent my search for the styling product that works best for me is done. I've purchased 3 bottles of this and the product junkie in me always kept it aside ,eventhough I knew it was the best for my hair, just to try other products. I can say that will no longer be the case. It defines and softens at the same time. The Aloe allows the PH to be just right. If I want added volume I dab some KT underneath and diffuse my crown with my Devafusser for no more than 1 minute. It does provide crunch for added frizz control which I later scrunch out with 100% pure Moroccan oil. Unlike KCCC it does not take long for my hair to be fully dry. The shine factor is outsanding and the smell is pleasant but best of all its 100% all natural. A little goes a long way with looser curl types, just a diffuser and 1 pump for half of my hair is needed. I've used 2 1\2 bottles within a year and a half time frame. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I'm just glad I can stop spending money on hair products and focus on buying clothes lol.

I like this product. It does give curl definition however it costs so dang much. The bottle is not as big as i would like so i do not use it all the time. Just only for special occasions when I want my curls to POP but for everyday use I use Eco styler (olive oil one).

I was thrilled when my girlfriend in D.C. shipped Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic Stimulator Rich and Funky Shampoo and Extra Butter to me in France. It took me a minute to get the hang of investing time to delight in my(I am between 4's in texture) hair's wondrous curl possibilities with these two products(I've worn my hair in braids for years)...My most recent hair salonist(a 27 year old Italian female) helped me remove my braids in four hours...She had a time removing shampoo and conditioning residue trapped between my new hair growth and the braids. .She actually opted to snip the tangled ends with the residue away while trimming my fro. Unfortunately, (bless her heart), she trimmed the right back side a bit shorter than the left, but it is not so bad...I am simply thankful I have finally found someone in my area who understands my hair(her boyfriend is of African descent), and who can shampoo, condition, and style it to my satisfaction. She even uses my Uncle Funky's Daughter's productst that I bring along with me. I have shampooed my hair at least three times since then, applied the stimulator and the butter and find now and then flakes...My remedy? I use the straightening comb to rid myself of the lint that gathers at the ends....It works.... Presently, it rains in Europe, so the humidity simply kinks my crowning glory and leans towards dry. No problem. Today, I applied the stimulator and butter, brushed my hair back, and stretched and tied a snipped black stocking leg around the crown and knotted it in the back...I like the look so much I may opt to cancel my next braiding appointment. ... I am eager to purchase Uncle Funky's Daughter products when I visit Stateside, very soon. There is also another product I am seeking....Wen Swai Almond Mint Tea Balm by Chaz Dean. Could someone inform me where I may purchase these products in the Hickory or Charlotte, North Carolina area? Do any salons carry these products? Thanks a bunch! Sister in Europe

Ii love this product! My hair curled instantly and it made my hair feel very moisturized too!

Hair Type: 3B fine and thin Well I love KCCC and heard that this was a better version so I tried it. The shipping was extremely high!! Anywho I rinsed my hair in water and used my Knot Today and then put this product in. My curls were very very stringy and my hair kept getting bigger and bigger. I was afraid to were it to work because I didn't know how I would look by the end of the day. Needless to say I washed my hair and went back to the ever dependable KCCC. Being that this was the first time I used it I am going to try it the prescribed way using Olive Oil prior to putting it in and do another review just to make sure my assessment is far. But this product is in no way a copy of KCCC. It doesn't perform the same way at all.

I love the natural ingredients and smell, but this left my hair a little limp and didn't control frizz as well as I had hoped. Curl formation and definition is really where Curly Magic shines. Possibly combining with another product would help with the frizz and volume issues. Even so, it's a solid product, just not the best for my fine, 3b curls.

This product gave me great curl definition & moisture. For me, I like the results better when I use a leave-in, but it isn't neccessary. I still get a slight crunch with this product, which can easily be scrunched out.

Great product & excellent curl definer with no frizz! For the first time ever, I have accomplished 3rd day hair and I'm sure that I can get a 4th day as well! I have been natural for 3 years and have very fine hair so the less that I have to manipulate it the better. I finally have an alternative hair styling product which will give me soft frizz free curls!

Skinnier curls than I prefer and the accompanying frizz that I always experience with skinnier curls.

This product has it's pros and cons. The pros are it give awesome curl defintion. My hair is really short since I did the big chop only 1 month ago, and I love the curly well-defined fro it gives me. I don't know if I'll still like the ultra tight curls once my hair grows longer. The con is it make my hair kinda crunchy and dry to the touch (and I used their conditioner and syling cream with it). Also I have noticed some flaking after I let it dry and stretch out my curls. I've read some reviews that said their hair was moisturized afterwards, but that was not the case for my 3C hair.

Love this stuff. It was easy to use and my hair responded to it immediately. The curls started springing up as soon as I had it applied. I was left with lots of soft curls and volume with no frizz. Highly recommend. It did take a little longer for my hair to dry than other products, but nothing outrageous. It has been compared to KCCC; I prefer this to KCCC. It is much easier to use and more forgiving when you apply it. My hair also dries faster with this than with KCCC.

Eh... this was just ok. Not so much magic. I used it to refresh my curls when wearing a fro. It helped. This would work for a moisturizer.

Video Review by Evelyn:

I have been waiting for a product to compete with Kinky Curly Curling Custard and Knots Today. This is a all-in-one product and no need for leave in for this product to work This product is amazing and my 3B/3C curly TWA loves it! It give a whole new meaning for Wash and Go Styling. It has some of the same natural ingredients as KCCC but dries faster, moisturizing and with out the hard CRUNCH that KCCC gives you when it finally dries! It's a few dollars cheaper and you must order on-line. Also, the Extra Butter is FABULOUS too for 2nd day hair and it gives you the moisture you need without the waxey build up! I want to tell all 3B to 4B's about this outstanding product line!

Huge waste of money for the results. there are better cheaper options out there.

Used with Uncle Funky's Daughter Good Hair, this stuff totally rocks. I get really amazing curls when I use these two together. My hair is soft and after a gentle smoothing, crunch-free.

organic aloe vera juice aqueous-infused extracts of marshmallow, chamomile, nettle and horsetail, vitamin E, agave nectar extract, citric acid, potassium sorbate, and natural fragrance
Ingredient Attributes: moisture, frizz control