moisture anti-humectant

Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment

16 oz |

Product Rating: 3.79 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 38 reviews) Login to add your review

Want long curly hair? Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment is the essential treatment for growing out naturally curly, kinky and wavy hair. Healthy growth and length is what most curlies covet. Read More...

I didn't like the way this conditioner made my hair feel, it felt dried after using. So I needed to add more of my leave in to regain the softness. Now I did use this conditioner most than once, to be sure I gave it a fair chance. I will not be purchasing this product again.

Enjoyed the way it made my hair feel

Would give it 5 stars but it is far too costly. This is the only MJ product worth buying for my hair type when I want to splurge. Leaves it super soft and oingy boingy. Smells like bubble gum. Mhhhmmm.

I just tried a couple Miss Jessies Products and they are wonderful! They really help out my dry hair in during the harsh winter cold. Just wondering since Im clueless... when is this BOGO sale I keep hearing about??

please pretty please stop buying such crappy products people. all this product did was leave a plastic film on my hair that may feel soft but is not real moisture. i just discovered a brand called three sisters of natural. they make products just like miss jessies made to be as good or better. they're one fourth of the price with MUCH better ingredients. I've seen it at Kroger but mostly at your local beauty supply store.great products

Being natural for the last 3 years made me a bit of an ingredient snob. I tried this out when I first stopped relaxing & I loved it. I LOVE the smell! Most importantly, I loved the way my hair felt afterwards - soft & manageable. I stopped using this because of all the slack MJ's received about ingredients. I've gotten over that because I now know that if a product works for you, USE IT! Can't wait for the BOGO sale.

The smell is to puke for! Doesn't even smell like bubblegum, smells more like strong cherry cough syrup! Disgusting! I had to hold my breath to apply it to my hair! Washed it out and NOTHING. No extra moisture, no extra strength, nothing. The ingredients are also nothing to rave about.

yall. this stuff. is a miracle. god send. disguised behind the most obnoxious bubble gum scent i have ever had the displeasure to smell. today i blew out my hair for the first time by myself (GO ME!). prior the extensive process, i dc'd with this. i used 2 sample sizes which was the perfect amount for my hair of mid back length. after leaving it in for the recommended amount of time and then washing it out i didn't really see a huge difference but once my hare started to dry...oh em gee. my hair felt like cotton candy! so soft and touchable and extremely manageable during the process of my blow out. if i had miss jessie's money, i would buy the full size in a heart beat! the one draw back...the smell. i never liked the smell of bubble gum. ever. in my life. so if there was a unscented version of this, that would be all the better.

This feels nothing like a deep conditioner to me. It was thick, but not rich. It went on smooth, but it didn't provide any slip for detangling. The smell is not pleasant and it lingers after rinsing.

This was the very first product I bought on my natural hair journey and boy did I get lucky on my first product pick. It made my hair so unbelieveably soft. Such a great smell and provided great slip for detangling. However, I had to have been literally insane when I bought it considering the cost...

The smell alone made me quite hesitant. Bubblegum, dearies, bubblegum. For some reason I figured it'd smell... sweet, like something pink (wonder why I thought that)--but not bubblegum. Also, these products, boy do they sound promising. Prices are outrageous though! Luckily I received a sample from a curlmart order, so I didn't have to spend to try this out. Although this treatment did leave my hair soft, manageable, frizz free (I left it as a leave in), the smell is a put off. And the price? Woah.

this product worked wonders. i am 8 months transitioning and this leaves even my infamous "kitchen" soft and moisturized. the major drawback is the price. for that i give it 3 stars.

This stuff and my hair only played nice once. Then it went under the counter and months later (after dropping silicones out and switching to natural products) I tried it again just to see and my hair felt awful. It felt dry and coated. I bet if my hair could smack me it would've. I'm glad I received this as a Christmas gift but now i have this huge jar of product I can't even use because my hair hates it and I'm not a huge fan of the smell.

It is not so good i only like the smell only

This is hands down THE BEST conditioner I have ever used, and i have been purchasing products from this website for at least two years! I love this stuff. The smell is too delicious and sometimes drives me crazy, but this is really a miracle elixir! Worth the price, and that says a lot! This conditioner is a moisture surge, and knocks the tangles right out of my hair. Better to wait for the sale in December, but worth it!

Though the description is a bit "bloated", it moisturizes the hair. It didn't elongate my hair, but my hair was manageable. I like the other treatment more, but this will work if you like Miss Jessie's. I would get this one on a BOGO free.

This is my all time Favorite deep conditioner. If it didn't have protein in it, I would use it every time I deep conditioned. It smells amazing, and leaves my hair detangled, and sooo soft.

Because it is entirely TOO expensive I give it only three strands that is the cost of a hairdo! I love the smell and I love the way it works my hair but I can't afford it on a regular basis!!!

I was in dire need of a DC that was inexpensive, but would get the task accomplished. I'm new to the curl world and with that being said everything is trial and error. What might work for someone with similar hair might not work for me. What I've noticed with some products is that my hair is usually dry, but with some products the dry would give me some definition where other products like Carol's Daughter Hair Milk made my hair too soft and bushy. I love some of Miss Jessie's products but as a student the price isn't a good choice for me economically and where I live this product is sold out only if it's half off. However, after using it for the first time I can noticed a difference in my hair texture and how my hair is drying. I decided to try a twist out for the first time so fingers crossed. The scent is great so let's see how I feel about it in the morning Hair: 3c/4a

This product is too expensive, especially since I could use my One 'n only Argan Oil Deep conditioner and get the same softness. That said, I didn't buy the full size, i bought the sample packets. i left it on my hair for about 30-45 minutes and rinsed it out. My hair was really soft, but it wasn't as moisturized as I would've liked (a tad bit dry in fact). I really like the smell, but overall, I don't think I would go and purchase the full size, since I could've used my argan oil deep conditioner and get more moisture.

OMG....OMG...This stuff... This stuff...(smiling) IS THE TRUTH!!! My hair *loves* this product. The price is CRAZY and Im a single mom. But my hair is SOFT, SILKY, TANGLES SLIDE OUT EASY AS 1..2...3...HAIR LIKE BUTTER!!!! This is my hair CRACK, LOL

OK, Look y'all...I swore to myself that I would not buy this expensive behind conditioner EVER again. I just wanted to try it out for a while a see, so I got the 16oz. I even tried to pretend like it wasn't worth the money when I used it after my henna treatments. I am not going to lie, this stuff is the BEST!!! It works for real!! My hair is crazy dry after washing, but after using this product, I was very impressed.

I absolutely love this deep treatment. I tried a sample and it made my hair so soft and smell great. The only problem that I have with it is that it is extremely overpriced. 3c/4a

i am sorry but this is THE BEST dc i have ever used. #1 i dont know why ppl dont like the smell its strong but i swear i could eat it, it smells just like cherry waterice. and bottom line girl it WORKS. cotton soft aint the word. AND when i got the little 2oz trial size i got 3uses and i have collar bone length 4a hair. The price is a lot but like a 16oz will last me like 6 months and thats still a whole heck of a lot less then the salon. so girl you might want to look in to it.

love it the treatment. hate the price.

ok, forreal... $50.00 for a deep conditioner? Miss Jessies products are way over priced. Also, where do they find the scents for all their products? this smell like cherry cough syrup. a friend gave this to me so i am glad i didn't pay the money to buy this. however, after using this, my hair felt crazy soft and my scalp still feel tingly after a few days. also, i didn't have to use a lot so it will last me a long time.

I'm doing this review off of using the product only two times...The price is extremely high and not very economically smart. For me, at least. You can see a major difference as soon as you put it on wet hair. It feels extremely moisturizing and soft while applying it. After washing it out my hair does not feel as good as it does when i apply it, but it is soft. I bought this during the BOGO promotion; it was my free product. I think I may have to play with it a couple more times before I will have a "better" review.

Great! I love the scent. Beautiful and bouncy curls after using and I had the second day, all curls were in place and in right shape. Love it!

I am a huge Miss Jessie fan so you can imagine how excited I was to try this new product. I first got a sample from my stylist. The results were very disappointing. My hair was dry, tangled and shrunken. I figured I did something incorrectly so I purchased the large jar and decided to follow the instructions precisely. Curlies, I must say, this product was still a HUGE disappointment. It didn't elongate my shoulder length curls nor did it hydrate my hair. The only thing it did do is cause major shrinkage and tangles in my 3b/3c hair. It set my curls but my hair was so shrunken that wasn't a good thing. People thought I got a hair cut! I have been using it regularly for more than a month now and even let my Mom, who has similar hair but tends to react differently to products, try it. Her hair was so shrunken and somewhat dry. It looked so BAD. I wanted to cry because that means I can't give it to her, I have to use it. I'm cheap, ladies and can't just throw $50 in the trash. Sadly, after all of this time (2 plus hours if you calculate the time I spent letting the product "penetrate") I have yet to see any results. I followed the instructions to a tee. I also varied them by using the shower steam option for two weeks and the dryer option the other two weeks. Now I am just trying to finish up the jar using steam (best of the two results) and put the whole experience behind me. I hate to waste money so believe me, I am irate. Bottom line: don't waste your money or your time. Ouidad DT is fantastic and only takes 12 mins. Super Sweetback is way too expensive and I got bad results. I would not recommend it.

I LOVE this product, but i HATE that it's so expensive. *sigh* I literally don't think i can get it a second time. But it is without a DOUBT the BEST deep conditioner i have EVER used. I'm oh so serious. It goes on like BUTTER, whether the hair is dry, damp, or soaking wet. I let it "marinate" under a shower cap for 30 minutes and VOILA! no knots. I detangle with ease and continue on with my weekly regimen. GENIUS. idk what they did but I LOVE IT

I love this treatment. I only have a sample, but I will be purchasing the full sized product because it is awesome! I makes my dry, type 4 twa super soft!

I love it! I used it as a deep conditioner with my hair steamer and my hair wants to hug me! I just might have to put down my Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery. My hair was soft and my twist and curl looks wonderful. This treat is worth every single penny!

I think like the rapid recovery this is one of the best deep conditioners you can use. The scent comes off a little weird at first the way this stuff makes your hair feel is unreal. Your hair after use is very soft and manageable. your hair will feel like a complete ball bag of soft cotton.I really like this stuff , I think it a keeper in my hair book.

Hair is super soft and hydrated. The smell indeed super sweet.

I'm not a big fan of other MJ products but this stuff worked great! It does exactly what it says; moisturizes, and elongates my curls. I applied it, sat under a hooded dryer for 15 minutes, and came out with markedly improved hair. My twist out was frizz free and lasted much longer than usual.

This product does what it says. Don't be fooled by the smell (which smells like cotton candy to me) as well as its form being of a stiff, balmy type of treatment. Once you actually follow the directions and wash it out your hair will feel SUPER soft (at least that's what it did for me). I've used this for about a month and I've seen a difference in the length of my natural hair once I did the BC (big chop)since my hair grows pretty slow. However, results vary for different people.

I remember going to the Miss Jessie's salon in the sample testing phase of this product Once I finished with my sample I was really upset that I didn't have anymore! This product is without fail AMAZING!!! Its super mpoisturizing, smells great and leaves you begging for more. I'm glad that the wait is over because I've waited almost a year and now its finally here!

water, behentrimonium methosulfate and cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cyclomethicone and dimethiconol, lauryl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), fragrance, dimethicone, DMDM hydantoin and iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, ceteareth-20, hydroxethylcellulose, hydrolyzed soy protein, liposome (centella asiatica), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, EDTA disodium, tocopheryl acetate, mangifera indica (mango) seeed butter, D&C red #33, citric acid
Ingredient Attributes: moisture, anti-humectant