Trader Joe`s Peppermint Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo

16 fl oz | Cleanser, Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Clarifying Shampoo

Product Rating: 4.46 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 26 reviews) Login to add your review

This salon-quality shampoo and conditioner will rejuvenate your hair with its refreshing tingle. A blend of certified organic botanicals including invigorating peppermint and tea tree work together t Read More...

I love this shampoo as a clarifier. I was afraid to try it because I tried the Giovanni Tea Tree poo and it dried my hair out, but I love the conditioner from this line so I took a chance. It does clarify but it is gentle. The Trader Joes tea tree products are staples in my regimen. They're great quality and cost-efficient.

Decent shampoo for buildup days, dandruff days, "oooh-I-need-to-switch-up-my-hair-routine-and-smell- peppermint-in-the-shower" days, but a tad drying on the hair.

I use this shampoo once every couple of weeks to clarify. I do find that it dries my hair out a bit, but it leaves my hair feeling very clean, and helps me out when I go overboard with the coconut oil.

I use shampoo in general very infrequently. I use this every once in a long while to clarify. It is a bit tingly- not as much as I expected, I must admit- but it works well without over drying.

This is the only shampoo i use! Awesome and the my 3b/3c curls love it! Does not dry them out, but does clean the scalp!

I have fine 2C hair. I wash my hair daily because the combination of my hair type and the mixture of stylers I use tends to lead to build up fairly easily. This shampoo is fantastic. It clarifies without chemicals and doesn't dry out my scalp and hair. I follow up with curly conditioner but I'll be trying the Tea Tree Tingle conditioner soon.

I'm kind of new to using curl-specific hair products. I'm trying to find products that are not only more natural but effective, so I'm really grateful to find all of the product reviews on this site. After doing some searching and seeing how many great reviews Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo received I gave it a try. In the very first shampoo it immediately stripped my hair of the moisture I've been maintaining with DevaCurl No Poo and Conditioner One. I don't like the ingredients in DevaCurl, so I'm still searching for safer products, and I have a few on the way. I bought the Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner while at Trader Joe's, and I really like what it did and that it didn't weigh down my hair as much as DevaCurl's Conditioner One. I only wish it didn't contain parabens. But as far as this tea tree tingle, I'll give it away to someone with oily straight hair.

I recently decided to switch to a more natural shampoo after trying a natural deep conditioner and getting great results. This gets my hair completely clean but it doesn't feel stripped and straw like after either. I've been using this once a week for about a month now and the tea tree oil has helped my scalp psoriasis to clear up a lot. It smells exactly like Organix's tea tree shampoo and is much cheaper and more effective.

Love the tingly feeling on my scalp :)

I like this shampoo a lot. It cleanse well and smells deliciously like peppermint. I didn't really experiense much of a tinglingly feeling but that does not matter. This is also CG and chock full of organic ingredients. It is also really cheap for a large bottle!

I bought this shampoo before I went cg and did not like it. I tried it after I started going cg and love it. It definitely cleans my hair and does not over dry it which is always a plus for my dry curls.

This is a really great shampoo. It does not dry out my hair like crazy, but I do really need to at least condition after. I always deep condition after I shampoo but with this shampoo I don't feel like I have to. As for the tingling aspect I've never experienced it :( I'm not sure why. But I absolutely love this shampoo.

Decent weekend refresher, but if my hair is overconditioned in the least this turns it into the worst straw dry birds nest ever seen and it takes twenty minutes hard labor to get the snarls out and my hair ends up both dry and overconditioned. Explain that!

I absolutely love this shampoo!! It is better than the other to shampoos they have...it cleans my thick curly hair with a quarter sized amount and plus it leaves a cool tinglely feeling with a peppermint sent in my hair!

Excellent shampoo at an affordable price! Effectively cleans and clarifies without stripping; makes my scalp feel nice and tingly. This poo noticeably helped my dry, itchy scalp problems. Definitely a staple!

I LOVE this shampoo! It smells amazing and feels great on my scalp.

I use this shampoo with my 4a/b hair. I have a technique I developed with the same brand conditioner. Shampoo hair and wash out 1/4. Then ADD conditioner. Mix conditioner into the hair with the shampoo, then rinse everything out. Add a leave in. The shampoo is very clarifying and my hair really needs the conditioning aspects. The tea tree is great for the scalp and rubbing into the roots of the hair. I highly recommend.

Love love love this shampoo! Gets my hair clean - removes product build up but does not strip. My hair is always bouncing after using.

Nice clarifying shampoo to use before I DT. The lather is good and the tingle feels so nice!

I LOVE this stuff! I have dry scalp and get buildup easily so this really helps that. The Tea Tree oil really helps the scalp and it's great to use in the shower in the morning to awaken your senses. A little goes a long way and it doesn't strip. It's my new HG NoPoo. It's way cheap as well!

Love this stuff. It cleanses without stripping my hair. Plus its a great bargain!

Honestly, I really love this stuff. I love the fresh scent and the way this cleanses without stripping. I've tried other pricey sulfate free shampoos and I've been much more pleased with this. For the price, you can't beat it!

This shampoo has been great for me. I have dandruff, and desperately needed a non-sulfate shampoo that would calm my scalp. I'm so glad I found this--the price is right, and my scalp is happy.

Love how it invigorates my scalp. Hair feel clean by not stripped.

I was using this shampoo before going CG and really like it. It is a great value for the size and quality. It has always made my hair feel "normal". Not stripped, coated, or tangled. I don't always like having a tingly scalp and smelly like peppermint so that's why I'm taking away one curl.

purified water with *tea tree oil, *peppermint oil, *eucalptus oil, *rosemary oil, *nettle oil, *thyme oil, birch leaf oil, chamomile, *clary, *lavender, *coltsfoot leaf, *yarrow oil, *mallow, *horsetail oil, *soybean protein, C12-14 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, tocopheryl (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, sodium chloride (sea salt), grapefruit seed. *organic
Ingredient Attributes: