moisture frizz control

SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk

8 oz | Leave-in Conditioner, Detangler, Styler
Product UPC: 764302290247

Product Rating: 4.12 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 145 reviews) Login to add your review

Thick, curly hair. Anti-frizz, moisture & shine. Sulfate-free & color-safe.

SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk is a moisturizing styling cream that detangles, conditions and Read More...

So far i like this stuff. it works wonders on my curly coily hair. tonight i'm gonna try to mix it with the Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie and see how that turns out since i'm a newly natural and i'm in experiment mode right now :)

Shea Moisture products just work best for my hair. A good wash with their curl and shine shampoo, condition (that I don't leave in) and rinse followed my finger roll with the curl and style milk AND smoothie works wonders. I then follow up by sealing my curls with coconut oil. My hair soaks up a lot like a sponge and will dry out quickly but this works for at least a week. I don't co wash at all or do leave in conditions too often-- I feel these products work best on hair that's damp/wet--chemical free, & free of any other product for the best result. I don't think mixing these two up with anything else is best, IMO

I have dry, color treated hair and I love to use this as a moisturizer for second-day hair. It doesn't seem to work in my wet hair but on my dry hair, it adds shine, reduces frizz and brings my curls back to life. My hair does not get greasy as long as i use a tiny amount per section of hair. I will continue to use this on dry hair, but I will probably try the transitioning milk before repurchasing this to see how each deals with frizz and puffiness.

I bought this styling milk because it was the only thing that relatively held moisture in my strands when used in conjunction with coconut oil. However, my hair would drink this stuff up and still be dry occasionally and I had to buy it again after just a couple of months. I have since found I need a heavier cream that really deeply moisturizes and softens my hair, and that doesn't dissipate in the extreme cold where I live.

This is the best styling milk I've every used on my 2c-3b, porous, thick hair. It reduced up to 90% of my frizz! I'm hooked and I used it one time! Day two and three the frizz started returning, with play with it more on those days, maybe need to add more on those days Asa refresher:-)

Very good refresher and light styler!! Gives me the perfect amount of moisture for doing a style!

this is another HOLYGRAIL product from shea moisture i have very very thick very very dry hair but you would not know it with this product i use this with the african black soap leave in conditioner and kinky curl custard, my wash n goes are beautiful my hair is so soft and shiny but moist important, moisturized with no oily feeling the worst thing is when you touch your hair and there is product on your hands not with this product it melts into your hair HOLYGRAIL HOLYGRAIL also my hair dries in 6 to 8 hours, not the 2 to 3 days when i used trader joe's conditioner and eco styler gel or giovanni conditioner and eco styler gel or tressemme naturals and eco styler gel never going back to these conditioners and gel combos Shea Moisture Milk FOREVER

I love the smell of this product! It also makes my hair feel very soft if I dont use too much. BUT it doesn't have any hold and doesn't give me much definition.

I really wanted to love this product, because I absolutely love Shea Moisture! I use their moisture retention shampoo and their curl enhancing smoothie and they both work wonders on my hair. This hair milk goes on my hair pretty smoothly. It smells wonderful and makes my hair very soft...for a few minutes. It dries up pretty quickly and its as if I put nothing in my hair at all. In fact, the only product that I enjoy from their Coconut and Hibiscus line is the curl enhancing smoothie.

I am in love with this product. I have low porosity hair so I find it best to apply this when my hair is damp or has finished air drying. I love the smell and it adds the perfect amount of moisture and definition to my 3B curls.

I LOVE this product. I've read where people use it under other products. I don't. I have very thick, layered, 3b hair. I don't use heat of any kind and always air dry. I do apply while it's rather wet. I section my hair and use more than the directions suggest. Then microfiber towel scrunch my hair. I've also plopped my hair after applying this. I am AMAZED at the definition, softness & shine. I highly recommend this product!

this stuff smoothes my hair without leaving a sticky or tacky feeling afterward. it also defines my 3C curls and is a must for second-day hair whenever I don't have time to do cowash or retwist.

I just big chopped about a week ago and have been faithfully using this product. It works wonders on my natural 3C/4A hair! My curls are moisturized, shiny, and manageable after using this milk. I use it at night after I spray my TWA with water. I then apply the curl milk followed by extra virgin olive oil. When I wake up in the morning I lift my roots and go! Thanks Shea Moisture for such a miracle worker.

Nothing nada zip zero null goose eggs. Just wasted money. I can't make up nice things to say about this.

This style milk has been a staple since my BC. It is very moisturizing, has a great subtle scent, and I love that it contains a small amount of protein and that it's available locally in so many stores. I've tried a lot of leave ins, but I always come back to this one. I usually add a layer of gel on top of it to give my curls more definition.

I have 2B hair, and this product really helps tame the frizziness of my waves! However, I will warn you not to use too much. The first time I used it, my hair had the "wet, greasy look," but that is because it is very moisturizing, and I was heavy handed because of my experience with regular drugstore hair products. With that being said, once I figured it out, my hair was sooooo soft!!! For my type of hair, this milk does not really enhance my curls, only tames them. I use it when I want to style my hair a different way (such as using a curling iron, hot rollers, or straightening). It adds unbelievable shine, and my hair is so touchably soft! The smell of this line is the best there is, hands down.

I LUV'D IT SO AWESOME I COLOR MY HAIR SO I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PRODUCTS THAT WILL BE MOISTURIZING IT LEFT MY HAIR SO SOFT AND THE FRIZZES ALMOST GONE I LUV SHEAMOISTURE THEY WILL HAVE A LIFE LONG CUSTOMER

I am a mixture of 2c 3a hair ,and I luv this milk! It is best used as a leave-in, smooth down (dry hair for moisture) and finishing product. You will not get hold from this product & you can also refer to the ingredients (if you thought it will hold), notice there are no holding agents present. All n all, great product, smells good, and natural ingredients for anyone who follows the CG method!!!!

First off, I LOVE the smell of this so much, its like a sweet coconuty scent that i just cant get enough of. When i first used this, i put a little on wet hair after i shampooed and conditioned, and i was not impressed by it at all. It made my hair fluffy bythe end of the day and did not give much moisture, but then I tried it on dry hair and it was really good. It made my dry hair feel really smooth and soft. i think i found my finishing product!

This is my favorite to use with the Curl Enhancing smoothie, but by itself, it doesn't define my curls as well as I would like it to. Its smell isnt too strong, but it is the most addicting smell in my opinion. I always get compliments of smelling so good. It moisturizes my hair well and makes it soft. When my hair is dry, I always use this product to help it get back to where it needs to be.

Has nice smell but too watery and thin to coat my thick hair....goes on watery and doesn't feel like its sticking to your hair....twist out was frizzy the next day.....also no softness

I have THICK, 3B hair, and I was looking for something I could leave in to fight the frizz and general poofy-ness: CONS - On two separate occasions, after washing and conditioning my hair, I used this product as a leave-in moisturizer to help keep my hair from frizzing, but it just wasn't strong enough for my hair (and I made sure to distribute the product evenly). The second time I used more product, but it still wasn't enough. After pairing the product with Pantene Pro-V's "Curl Defining Maximum Hold Mousse" (SheaMoisture first, mousse second), it worked like a charm! I definitely saw a difference in my typically untamable hair (less frizz, less poof). - I have to store this product upside down. I'm guessing it's the thickness of the product, but I had to shake the bottle ridiculously hard to get the product to the actual opening of the bottle. Weird. PROS - I don't like the smell of coconut, but this product actually smells pretty good (not too 'coconut-y') - This product is great for TOUCHING UP your hair after you've washed and conditioned it. - WHEN PAIRED WITH SOMETHING ELSE, this product definitely helps keep my hair frizz- and poof-free.

great smell, definitely moisturized my hair. it works alright as as styler but better as a moisturizer

This product is great as a leave-in and works well when paired with the same line of curl smoothie. I used it in the summer when it was very humid, and struggled for a while but it's only natural to deal with weather changes since my hair is now completely natural. On it's own, I sometimes used this instead of with the curl smoothie and I think it was still a good moisturizer.

When I first tried this product I used it the way it's recommended. I used the curl enhancing smoothie first then used this, the results were moisturized but crunchy hair which only Asked two days. But when I used my African pride leave in conditioner first then sealed with sweet almond oil and the applied this product the results were AMA-ZING! Great STYLER not a great leave in from my experience.

I guess I just don't understand what to use this for. I have tried it on wet hair and my hair didn't dry, I have tried it on dry hair and it just reverted the curl. I think it would be good as a leave in for loose curls, but it has no use for me.

I love so many things about this product but I had to give it a lower rating. First of all the smell is delicious it makes me think of a tropical island. It isn't the best for styling my mix of 3a and 3b curls dry...but when applied right after showering it does a good job of taming, enhancing shine, definition, and bounce. I would stop there and give it 5 stars but I have found one big flaw. It leaves so much waxy and coated buildup in my hair and makes me need to clarify with ACV after a couple of days. My curls do not act the same after using it a lot...they are weighed down, fuzzy, and dry. I just wish it didn't leave buildup so because of this I will not be repurchasing. I will use it up though just not when I'm going out or just clarified.

I've been using this as a leave-in and detangler for a couple months now and I like it. It smells delicious and gets the job done without over moisturizing my curls and weighing them down, but I wouldn't recommend this product for styling.

I use this product as a daily moisturizer for my twists. It works well and smells nice.

As a styling product, it doesn't work well for me. Maybe it's too light, or something, but I would always get halo frizz no matter how I tried to apply it. It does, however, work well as a leave-in conditioner. If my hair is feeling kind of dry and I don't have time to let my hair dry before bed after my regular conditioning routine, I put this in my hair. Smells delicious and my hair is rehydrated by morning!

Love love love this stuff. I swear by this curl milk, and use it daily. I'm on my second bottle now and it is still doing what it's supposed to.

Love this product!! It works well on my 3b curls and I apply it after my leave in conditioner. For the price it's well worth it and smells amazing too.

I love this leave-in! I use it everyday it's perfect for my fine 3b-3c hair. My hair really can't take too much product so it's light enough and still control the frizz and moistures. And of course it smells amazing;0)

I have tried lots of moisturizers, and I keep coming back to this one. I find that it keeps my hair softer and more moisturized than any of the other products I have tried.

I just love this thing!! First of all: Love the smell!! Kinda smells like piƱa colada... Yum! Second: Detangles pretty good and adds an amazingly good amount of moisture, and my hair ends super soft and shiny... For 9 bucks, it's totally worth it!

I love it...it smells good..detangles, adds shine and moisture, and even fights frizz a little

I love this product!! My hair is wavy in the front and very tight coils in the back, and I can put this product on my hair and it curls the waves. I love putting it on my hair when it's wet or dry! 5 stars for me!!

This product works great when it's paired with the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. My curls come out very defined, and they last throughout the week with no problem! Love it.

At first I thought I didn't need this because the SM smoothie has such similar ingredients. Boy was I wrong. This stuff is a-mah-zing. I can scrunch it into dry hair and it totally revives my curls. They're soft, shiny, with loads of bounce and zero frizz. It's just amazing for a touchup or a refresher. And it smells so, so, SO good. People are always telling me that my hair smells nice and I think this is the reason why.

This smells great! I like to use it as a leave in before twisting my hair. My hair is so soft and silky when I untwist it. I like this style milk a lot. Sometimes, I have to use a lot of it, though. That's the only con. Also, it doesn't really define my hair and causes so much shrinkage.

This was given to me by a friend we swapped products and i must say I really like this product. The smell is great. Its not runny. Its a little thick, but easy to work with and coats the hair nicely. I used it to two strand twist my hair and they turned out perfect. My hair was not dry it was moist and soft once it dried. No crunch. I didn't buy this bottle but if I had to I would. I like it enough to purchase, plus at $9 or $10 its not breaking the bank.

Great for my 4a hair as a mid week moisturizer >>>I use on dry hair and flat twist and moisturized hair for 5-7 more days! I haven't tried on wet hair though

I checked Shea Moisture's web site on July 2, 2013 for directions but their website doesn't have any posted. These products say they are designed for thick curly hair. I had read some rave reviews about this product so I decided to test it out and see if I could make it work to protect my hair from humid weather. I have healthy, very fine, low porosity, 2b/2c combination hair. I kept a hair journal for a week, of all the different ways I tried this product on my hair. I sectioned my hair into 4 sections and held them with an elastic. I tried this on wet/damp hair in a pea size amount, a nickel, a dime and a quarter. When I used a dime size on a fourth section of my hair I had okay results. This product gave me a nice shine and soft conditioned hair. It did NOT act as a styler to give me defined curls or waves. Because I had no hold I branched out into more experiments. I tried adding some Fantasia IC gel after my hair had dried but I had no success taming the frizz. I also tried adding a bit of Eco Syler gel to the dry hair. Not good. I still had frizzy hair, flat hair. I also tried applying a dime size of the Curl & Style Milk to wet hair with a pea sized amount of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on top. That also failed. My hair looked wet and very,very greasy and stringy even though it was dry. I tried reversing the order and using the SM Smoothie first and then SM Curl Milk. The result was greasy, stringy hair. I also added different gels after I saw no hold. I did not try the Shea Moisture Curling Souffle though because my hair was already greasy. Maybe just the Curl & Style Milk with the Curling Souffle would have worked. Ultimately I think this product is a nice leave-in conditioner and detangler but not a styler for fine, thin, 2b/2c low porosity,wavy, curly hair. I gave the product a 1 star because I could not layer other products on top to achieve my styling goals. But if your hair is thick and dry it will probably work like a charm.

I did NOT like this product at all. It didn't moisturize my hair at all, or do what it said it was supposed to. It had an awful smell as well. I expected a lot out of this product, so I was very disappointed.

Love, love, love this stuff! Read my review on the Curl Enhancing Smoothie for more details! Same thoughts! This totally turned my hair around!

This was one my first "hair milks" and I did not like it at first. Note: If you already use the smoothie then the milk may not work well with it. I get better results when I use only one of these products on my hair. Also, I did not like it at first because it made my hair feel like it was "built up". This product can make your feel kind of plasticy, but maybe that's just because I don't like to put too much in my hair anyway. This is great on its own and I enjoy using it as a leave in. Also works great for sealing your ends.

3 curls for the scent alone. I do not like this feel of this product on my hair. I will give it another try on it's own, I have only used with the curl enhancing smoothie.

I've gone through 2 bottles of this stuff. I LOVE IT!!! This is my go to leave in because it has a good amount of protein which my hair needs and the smell is amazing. i use this along with the matching shampoo, conditioner, and curl enhancing smoothie. i would recommend to anyone

I bought this product months ago before I tried it because I was skeptical. I must say that I had wonderful results. It left my hair soft and fluffy while I still kept my curl definition. I like!

This is my go-to product for second day hair or frizzy hair days. I also use it before I go to bed at night if my ends are feeling a little dry.

I love, love, love this product!!! My Suave Coconut naturals decided it wanted to become schizo and leave white flakes in my hair. Thus, I had to quickly find a conditioner that would play friendly with the Eco Styler gel. I had previously bought this and used it on dry hair and didn't feel it worked for me. I then tried it on soaking wet hair and my hair LOVED it. I no longer use a regular conditioner as my leave (doing the CG method). I now use this as my leave in. My curls are defined and so soft with this product. Even with the use of Eco Styler my curls never get hard and crunchy. I can't believe I pushed this product to the back burner. If you have tried it on dry hair and it didn't work so well, give it a try with wet hair. It's absolutely amazing!

A really good hair milk. Gives me adequate moisture. I get the best detangling benefits after I use it as a leave-in on wash day. Great smell. Not much of a styler for me though.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!! I recently did my big chop and this was the first product I used. LOVED IT!!!! It goes on smooth, keeps my curls hydrated, and gives me definition. Will definitely keep buying this as a staple!

I like this a lot. My hair is moisturizer for days and smells great. My hair is less frizzy, but I have to use more product when my hair is dry to get all the frizzies out. My hair is so soft and airy after using this.

Very moisturizing and works pretty well as a curl definer. Does not have strong hold. Works better as a sealer before applying the styling product with hold.

It's been a while since I've used this - I think I like it better than the curl enhancing smoothie. This smoothes my hair and works better for manipulated styles. The smoothie works best when I shingle my hair. The Hair Milk will be a staple product.

i can't stand the smell of this line. i wish i liked it better. i used as a leave in on wet hair and my hair felt dry and stiff and i didn't like it. but i then used it on 2nd and 3rd day hair to rejuvenate my hair and it made my hair so soft & shiny! added bounce back to my waves. i won't rebuy it because of how bad it smells, if it smelt better i would repurchase for sure.

I tried this a while ago and did not care it because it did nothing for my hair however I decided to give it another shot and I'm glad I did. This time around I switched up my technique by continuing to use the SMCES as my leave in but this time around I used the hair milk on top of my gel. I realized that this gives awesome results with an insane amount of moisture that lasts all day.

I use this in my son's hair cuz I was looking for something natural and harmless, my son is son is six months old and his hair was becoming dry in the back . This product works wonders on his hair. His curls be popping and I don't even have to wet his hair first which is great since its winter time

Like this product. My hair really likes hair milk. When comparing this to the old version of carols. Daughter hair milk, SM is less oily and moisturized the hair. it also works well with my QB AOHC and castor oil. Get nice twists and soft hair. However using this alone on my hair it will not cool it up like water and ACVJ. I know that since its intended purpose is to give moisture, spits not a curl defined for me. But the ingredients are great as well being all natural.

I love this product! My hair drinks it up like water. This is the perfect moisturizer after I shampoo and condition my curly hair. I mix this with the Shea Moisture Mask, which I use as a leave-in. The results are soft and shiny twists out that look beautiful!

I like this as a refresher on dry hair. When I use it on wet hair, it detangles nicely, but it doesn't give me good definition. If I use it when my hair is dry, I can scrunch it in and get rid of frizz, detangle, and add moisture to the shape that's already in my hair. It's good as a leave-in softener, but it's not a styling product for me. Also, if I put it on wet hair and it dries, I get frizz, and have to add more on the dry hair. My hair prefers the Curl Smoothie for definition and a bit of hold.

I wanted to love this. But this really does nothing for me. It smells amazing, but leaves my hair dry. I guess the silk protein just isn't my thing.

@IAmBlessed - you're hair might seem thirsty for more of this conditioner but that may not be the case. Your hair might be sensitive to protein and for people who are, they experience moderate to extreme thirsty hair that becomes more and more dry. The best way to reverse this is by discontinuing use of this product and other protein hair products. Deep condition your hair and moisturize, it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for your hair to retain its moisture better.

Been having for awhile! I really like this product, not a staple but it works! My only con to this is that I have to reapply tooo often, like my hair is eating it up and is asking for more...but it smells great!

I like the Coconut Hibiscus products by Shea Moisture, but the curl and style milk did nothing for my hair really. No shine or hold, minimal moisture. I think if you have a more fine texture of hair, this may work for you. The consistency of the product was just too light for my thick, dense, 3c/4a hair texture. Smells fab, though.

I LOVE this stuff! I love it because it does everything. Usually I'll do an oil for detangling, a leave-in conditioner for moisture, and a gel for hold, but this product detangles, moisturizes, and holds! Plus it's all natural! I'm not really a fan of the smell, but this has to be tied with the curl enhancing smoothie for my top products.

Smells great and works well on dry twist sets. I looovvvveeee the Shea Moisture line!!!

This definitely surprised me :) It is an awesome awesome product for me! I put this in right after a wash/co wash and once my hair dries my curls are so full and defined! It's my second place product standing behind the Kinky Curly Custard.

Just used this for the first time and I love it! Heavy enough to calm my super poofy hair but it didn't fall flat! And the ends look and feel a lot better, and I'm due for a cut! Now all I need is the perfect hold product that doesn't make my hair crunchy and wet looking! Any suggestions?

Ii can say nothing bad about this product. it smells amazing, it's moisturizing, no silicons (i'm not anti siliconic, it just that when a silicone is in the 1st 10 ingredients of a product my hair feels dry on day 2 which i am not feeling) and i love it under my favorite styling cream. the texture of it is just how i like my leave ins to be: creamy but not too thick. the slip is lovely, cut my dt time by 40% i'd say and i always get compliments on how my hair looks and smells when it's in my hair. it's not really something someone past 3c (imo) can use as a styler because it's not very heavy but i can get away with it and get fluffy bouncy lightly defined curls. i think anyone could use it as a leave in because it moisturizes so well! it's an HG for me. i'm currently out and i'm so sad because it's not in my price range right now. that's the only downside for me personally that it is about $1.25 per ounce. hope to catch a sale or a discount on it sometime soon.

I read all the great reviews and I really wanted this to work for me. Unfortunately it didn't wow me at all. I put it on mid-week just so that if anthing bad happened I could wash it out quickly without drying my hair out. My hair was in twist and I wet my hair with some water and applied the product. It helped to soften my curls but it did not detangle my hair at all, didn't give me that moisture i needed, and it did nothing for frizz. If you buy the product, use it with the shea moisture curling smoothie, it works better (even by itself). It leaves some residue if you use too much and the texture of this product is almost like hand lotion. The product itself wasn't worth the 10 dollars.

I do not like it. I'm on my second bottle, and I've tried every way I can think of to use it and it doesn't do anything for my hair but make it sticky and heavy. I've used it alone and in conjunction with the SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, and I'm disappointed each time. It seems like a hit or miss product, that certainly missed me.

I don't get any definition from this if I use it solo, but it's great to tame late-day or 2nd-day frizzies, and leaves my hair soft and smelling delicious! I'm going to put some in a tiny bottle and carry it around with me everywhere.

I bought the curl and style milk Monday night and had to return it Tuesday. I touched my face , ears, and scalp with residue from the product and my skin burned like a perm. I had to wash my hair and take some benadryl. My scalp is still burning some. I am just glad I am not itching everywhere anymore. The kicker is I own the curl enhancing smoothie and did not have any ill effects besides dry hair from repeated use. The curl and style milk made my hair soft but greasy to the touch. I recommend placing a small about on your part to preform a patch test before applying to your full head.

This product strengthened and moisturized my hair seee my review on youtube for more details http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udlNwd9dh_Q&feature=plcp

Great moisturizer. It makes my hair feel so soft. This helped me get through my transition. I used it for everything. The only con is the strong scent.

This stuff leaves my hair sooo soft and moisturized! I've used it to moisturize dry hair but i mostly use it for my wash and goes w/ the curl enhancing smoothie. I receive the least shrinkage w/ these products over any others and my hair is super soft & my curls are nicely defined. Always have to have some around.

The scent is too strong and it weighed my hair down.

I've tried a lot of the shea moisture products. The ingredient list and prices are irresistable but this one did absolutely nothing for my hair. Neither good or bad.

Love this stuff. Works good just as the curl enhancing smoothies but without glycerin. Definitely my new Summer and Winter staple ;)

I really like this as a LI and base for my jelly stylers. It is a nice consistency, easy to distribute, moisturizing without being too heavy, and smells soooo good. Goes well with lots of other products and is a staple for me.

I love the way this product smells and the consistency of it. This product protected my hair in the winter and kept it soft. I used while my hair was very short, but as it got longer I realized it was weighing my hair down. I now prefer something water based with a balance of humectants and oils to use as a leave-in. It's a great product, but for someone with fine low porosity hair it's too much. Perhaps if I wore manipulated styles it would be better, but I'm a wash and go kind of girl.

This didn't work that well for me as a styler (not enough hold), but as a moisturizing leave-in conditioner, it's one of the best I've used! It consistently makes my hair softer and less-frizzy under a light- or medium-hold gel. Plus, it's glycerin-free, so it's great for summer humidity! I definitely plan to keep buying this.

The smell is quite strong and triggered an asthma attack :( I only used 2 quarter-sized globs to try and refresh my dry hair. It left it frizzier when it dried (I'm thinking I have an oil sensitivity), and the scent did not dissipate. Glad this works for so many others, but it's not for me, and beware if you have allergies or asthma.

I pair this with the She Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie in about a 1:2 ratio and it is just enough to help it spread with ease and still moisturize. Great as a leave in

I used this product as a leave in and it did very little for me. My hair was flaky when used with my gel (Donna Marie) and my curls were stringy and not clumpy. I usually can get 5-6 day hair with most other products but after 2 days had to wash this out as my hair was a mess!

I use this product as a leave-in in my daughter's natural hair. I give this product a 4 out of 5 curls because it provided moisture to her hair when so many other products didn't. I love that this product doesn't contain glycerin and is available at Walgreens! What I don't like is that it contains silk protein...my daughter's hair is kind of protein sensitive so, after a while of using it, it is starting to make her hair get hard. Also it never held her curls...it defined them a bit, but less than an hour later they were gone...so this product needs a gel or something to hold the curl. Good for a store bought product though...not a staple...

This, along with the other SM products, made my hair awesome at first but then terribly dry, limp, and frizzy after a few hours :(

This product was.....OK, I guess. I didn't really know how to use it when I first got it. I always slathered it on and blow dried it, and I always ended up with a frizzy undefined mess. After a few weeks on naturally curly and picking up tips/learning my hair type (3a) I decided to give it a second try. I got nice ringlets, mostly, but some parts of my hair were limp and others were frizzy.

Its ok. Smells nice but not enough moisture for my hair.

I love this product. One of my staples! Love the smell & everything about it.

I love it! I use it as a leave-in conditioner with extra virgin olive oil. This combination keeps my hair moistened and supple. I can't get enough of it.

Great ingredients. This is a pretty good moisturizer. It smells nice and gives hair a soft feel.

This was amazing in my hair! I used it as a leave in conditioner and seal it with olive oil and my Shea butter mixture. I would recommend using it on damp hair.

The only reason i didnt give this 5 curls is because it doesnt really hold my curls as much as i thought it would! But this stuff smells great and when my hair is wet it really defined my curls and made my hair so silky soft!

Awesome product! Works great for a ponytail or bun. Hairs in the front lay flat all day long!

This is a great product for 2nd day styling! It wakes up your curls and doesn't feel "cakey".

I LOVE this product. I used it in my hair for the first time yesterday and my curls were perfect! Less frizz than usual and I didn't need to add any gel. The curl & style milk held them in place and they stayed perfect all day. I also only used a quarter size amount. A little goes a long way and I couldn't be happier with this product. It smells great too! I'm dying to try all of Shea Moisture's products!!

Just used this product this morning. washed my hair, applied my Giovanni direct leave-in and then applied this to me twa and it not only smells great but stretched out my little curls but i laid them flat against my scalp and did a little Solange side part for some kind of versatility. No frizz, nice curl/wave, nice shine, not crunchy. I think I have a good inch of hair so i am not sure how it will work on long hair.

This was ineffective. My hair didn't soft or moisturized afterwards. It just felt dry.

:-)

This stuff is amazing!!! I have been using the Curl Enhancing Smoothie for a long time but eyeing this but scared to try it. I have been using it faithfully for about 3 weeks now and have totally fell in love. I still have a good amount of the Smoothie left but i havent even touched it since i bought the Curl and Style Milk. My hair is so soft and moisturzed when I use this. I wash with the Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo(which i also love), do a deep cond treatment with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or White Camellia Conditioner, put this on and seal with oil and my hair is extremely moisturized and soft. This is my new staple product!!

I love this! :D I use it when I do twistouts and it keeps my hair super moisturized.

Super product for thin fine 4a hair. Curl pattern is well defined

Price - Great Smell - Great Styling - Good/Great I have...well I don't know exactly what type of hair I have. Anywhere from 3c in the front to to 4a/b at the crown and in the back. It really depends on the day. Not really think hair but still considered natural. I blow dried my hair (warm setting of course) a few days ago. Been rocking the blow out. And on a whim (call me an impulse product junkie) I decided to try this. Smell wonderful. I feel it added quite a bit of moisture. But I mixed it with the coconut and hibiscus smoothie as well. On dry hair, I would say both of these work quite well. I put in two strand twist the night before, but they were kind of big, so I ended up with a curly fro rather that well defind ringlets. Ah well, I'll make them smaller next time. NEwayz, I applied a nice quarter size amount of the milk to hair sectioned in medium sizes, as far as detangling, it worked well. Then I put very litte of the smoothie on top of that. Hair started to curl right then. Before my eyes! And I started with dry hair, no water anywhere. I have to say I was quite inpressed. Didn't really help with not shrinking, but I have come to term with the fact that with the different textures I have in my hair, it just shrinks. I think I have to live with that. hah. Before I go, though, I will say the combination of the two made my hair oober (yes oober) soft. Can't stop touching even though I know I'm not supposed to. Tonight I will try JUST the milk and see that does. So far so good though. I like it.

Man do i love this stuff! Curl and Style Milk+Curl Enhancing Smoothie= Great moisture and curl definition! these are like sister products! it smells like warm sugar cookies and car scents? yeah i love it! i just wish it came in a 12 oz jar like the other ones :( oh well! a little goes a longg way anyway

Ooo la la! I love this conditioner. I use it as a leave in and it feels awesome in my hair. Great condish. A must have for me.

I LOVE this stuff!! my hair is like AMEN a product that works. I have been through so many products from inexpensive to really expensive and the shea moisture hair milk WORKS!!!. I have 3 b and 3 c hair. It moisturized and made my hair so soft not to mention smelled terrific. I use this on very saturated hair, applying it in about 4-6 sections and shingling it through. I then apply eco styler olive oil gel to hold my curls. I usually use a blow dry (holding it about 4-5 inches above my hair, and definitely not touching my hair at all until completely dry). Once it dried it looks fabulous. I can get about 3 good hair days out of it, and for me thats GREAT!! Henceforth I gave this product 5 curls. :-D

I'm giving this 2 curls because it had no effect on my hair. I do love the smell, but the consistency is not thick enough for me. I have type 4a hair and I bought this product to make my hair softer. Absolutely nothing!! And it's sad to say because I wanted it to work.

I prefer this product as a rinse out, not a leave in. I believe that if your hair is dry it will work amazing as a styling product, but otherwise I felt like it weighed down my curls. As a rinse out it is amazing, as a styling product (for curls that are easily weighed down) it didn't amaze me as much as I wanted it to.

Love, love, love this stuff! It leaves my hair so soft and shiny. I use it for my twist outs and they come out so fluffy and soft. Great as a moisturizer on wet or dry hair. Definitely a staple in my regimen. A little goes a long way.

I really like this product to refresh and moisturize my twists or twist-out. It leaves my hair soft without a dull coating and it smells like candy!

When I opened this I wasn't sure about the consistency. But once I started applying it to my hair I was surprised. Its best to rub your hands together before applying to get it on evenly. I used this and then the shea moisture souffle before braiding up my damp 4b hair. It smells good, is all natural, and looks like a little will go a long way. I'm impressed with the shea moisture product line. May go get the smoothie next.

Makes for an awesome twist out product for 4a/4b hair. Left my hair quenched and very soft to the touch.

I love love the Curl and style Milk! I use it on wet hair to detangle and as a mid-week moisturizer. I even keep back up bottles in my sink and filled a travel bottle so I'll always have it with me. Give it a try, it's worth it!

This shampoo is great! Smells great too!

Again with SheaMoisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie, I have to give this a 3. It smells really nice, but my hair didn't really feel conditioned. I used this as a leave-in and rinse out conditioner, but it only made my hair feel... okay. And 'okay' isn't really good enough for me.

Love this stuff! Does exactly what it says. Leaves my hair soft, and fluffy. Wouldn't mind if there was a little hold to it or something in there to help with humid/windy weather so I wouldn't need to put pomade or gel on top but thats just my preference.

Fantastic stuff! W/out this product my 2c/3a curls are frizzy and poofy. After I shower I wait until my hair is damp, not super wet, then scrunch it in my hair. You don't need too much - I have shoulder length hair and I use about a nickel's worth for one side of my hair, then squirt another nickel-sized worth of the milk and scrunch it on my other side. It gives me nice moisturized curls and waves! Then I get very little and pat it on my hairline to prevent frizziness. I can given apply it straight down my hair like a straightener if I want a more wavy look - yes, waves STILL come out! :DD I would recommend wavy haired girls to also give this a try. Now to try the smoothie in this line..

I really like this product! I use it more as a base/leave-in on wet hair with gel. My curls are really soft, and they look really healty. I cant say it helps a lot with the frizz, but I'm in NY, and we've had tons of rain and humidity lately...reading some of the reviews, ( fyi I cowash every day) I thought I would try using on dry hair. this morning I did and I believe it may work better....In any event its worth a try for the price, it will for sure be a staple....I cannot wait to try the smoothie! PS...i found this at my local Walgreens...open 24 hours! Hows that for convenience!

My hair is 2b on top and 3b in the back and I absolutely adore this product. I have been using this product for close to 3 month's and my hair has grown exponentially and my hair is oh so soft and healthy. I must warn you that this is very potent; if you have heat damaged hair, it might steam a bit on the initial use. Use on dry hair for the best results and do not use to much or your hair will be drenched and limp.

I tried this in a variety of ways and the only way I had success was to use it as a midday de-frizzer. I used a small amount and gently smoothed it over my hair. I used it the way I would use a pomade. Using a SMALL amount was the ticket to reviving my curls. The frizzy ends re-clumped and became defined moisturized curls again.

I love this product for my daughter... she has 4a in the front and 4b in the back. I makes her hair very soft and it is great for moisture. I used it for a wet twist out and the results were great. I would like a little more hold, but overall it will be a staple in my daughters hair care regimen.

I can't say I love it but I do like this product. It doesn't really do anything for my hair when its wet but on dry hair it definitely leaves my hair very moisturized. I like this product for my twist outs but I like the curl enhancing smoothie better. A little goes a long way and its not expensive so overall its a good product for moisture.

I would definitely recommend this product to all 4A curlies! I just had my 1st big chop and I was looking for a good leave-in condition/syler. I washed my hair with Shea Moistures Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo and then work this into my already wed hair. It keeps my curls nice and defined and it smells great! I tend to put quit a bit of it in so i'm sure the $9.99 80z bottle is going to kill my wallet but its totally worth it! This is the best product I've used yet!

Hi Curlies, I love this stuff. I carry a bottle in my purse. Great for next day after next day hair. It works perfect for my type of hair and styling. I use it on my damp hair (Wash n goes)-dry hair as well, but I always wet my hands first, before rubbing some in my palms to thin it out a bit. I recommend using it on clean to semi clean hair, never on hair that's too old with a lot a product build up, because it will just dry a lil stiffer and non moisturizing than it should. Spritzing a little water on 2nd-3rd, etc day hair (so long as their isn't heavy build up on your hair) before add in the milk, will makes your hair look like it was day 1 hair. This stuff smells great too. The description is true to what it does--> "Detangles, conditions and defines curls while restoring body and shine." -Samii

I love this entire line. This, like the smoothie, does a variety of things for me. As a rinse out, as a leave in, on 2nd day hair, this has nice slip, smells great, and has great moisture. I love using this as my rinse out and using the smoothie for my leave in. Then a small amount scrunched into dampened 2nd day hair keeps the dryness away from my dry porous hair.

This product felt good initially when twisting wet or dry, but would feel crispy/dry and somewhat sticky later in the day. Did provide excellent shine though. If you hair is sensitive to coconut oils and/or silk protein this may not be the product for you.

I do like this product for twisting my hair. Just keep in mind that it does contain "SILK PROTEIN".

I use this product as a leave-in before my styler. I think it would work best on fine hair. It smells lovely and coats the hair nicely. Overall, good product.

This product was too heavy for my hair. It made my hair hard. I still have a full bottle left because I only used it three times.

I LOVE this product! Makes your hair so moisturized. This is my staple product. The price is resonable price. Product does exactly what the label says.

i love this. I use it for my twists and I use it to moisturize my hair before I put a gel or something with a strong hold. It makes my hair so soft and it smells good.

out of all the products that i own this is the ABSOLUTE best! ive been fully natural since february and this stuff is the business on my 1 year post relaxer 3b/3c/4a hair :-) it does just what it says, its lightweight, smells ahh-mazing, and moisturizes without adding too much. i highly promote this product

Love this product. A little goes a long way. I actually use it over my twists and let it sit a minute before taking them down . It makes a huge difference in reducing frizz. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Love everything about it. Used it as a leave in, with smoothie on top, and loved the results, and also by itself, with no styler over it, air dried, used finishing product and had a great hair day. Winner!

I liked this product. It smelled very nice. (but for those with sensitivity to smell you may want to try something else) I find that this product worked better on my daughters hair (3c/4a) My hair drank it up and i saw shine only on the day i applied it. It lasted better on my daughter's hair. But overall a good product.

its -okay- as a leave-in. I'm not crazy about it though. sometimes it leaves white flakes in my hair, and i fee like i have to use a lot before it actually moisturizes. i'll probably finish the bottle, but i wont buy it again.

Now I rated it a 4 due to me not being completely natural. I am indeed transitioning as of now. So when it comes to curl definition I cannot speak on such but when it comes to moisturizing the hair, it is a GO! And for $9.99, you really cannot beat it compared to the other brands out here. You are talking great ingredients from a product that is easily accessible to everyone (Target) and economically friendly. I personally do not like shopping for new products over the net due to me needing a certain creamy consistency in my products. So for this item I say its a must try. You cannot go wrong. I have 4b-c type hair btw if that helps anyone. My pro pic shows a braid out of permed ends, dont let the pic fool ya lol

I have been using this product for three months and it has not failed me yet. It gives my twist-out wonderful definition and moisture. I love the fact that it's leave in or wash out!!

It is a wonderful leave in with a scent to die for!!!!! It moisturized my hair like nobody's business and my hair thanked me for it :-). But, if you are heavy handed with LI then the price and small bottle may be a problem.

curls are defined and moisturized.i love this product.

Used this last week on a twist out and it provided a good sheen...not too oily but good enough to keep my hair moisturized....anddd it helped hold my curls...great and inexpensive product!

Just bought this yesterday from Target and omg! This makes my 3c hair feel like baby's hair! Oily enough to moisturize and detangle but not too oily. Just right!

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Sugar Starch, Silk Protein, Essential Oil Blend, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitol Esters, Algae Extract, Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hibiscus Flower Extract
*Certified Organic Ingredient