moisture detangling frizz control

Aveda Be Curly Style-Prep

3.4 fl oz | Styler
Product UPC: 018084887417

Product Rating: 4.15 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 13 reviews) Login to add your review

Adds moisture and curl definition as it seals the cuticle, taming frizz all day. Detangles to reduce breakage from combing. Also makes styling curls easier and helps maintain them longer—while leavi Read More...

I have color-treated curly type 3a hair. It is fine and medium-density. I LOVE this product!!! I don't shampoo my hair. I use only conditioner and I shower at night. I towel-dry my hair and then work a quarter to a half-dollar amount of Aveda be curly curl enhancer into it. I let it dry overnight. When I first wake up, my curls are about 70% defined and there is some frizz. I then dampen my hair with a spray bottle and apply a generous amount of the Aveda be curly style prep onto my curls. This redefines them and makes them beautifully frizz-free! I live in Seattle, so having products that not only style my hair, but also keep it styled throughout the day despite the humidity is very important to me! This product has been a life-saver. However, I would only recommend its use when paired with the be curly curl enhancer. I also love the smell. It is very earthly and herbal, which I love. It's like aromatherapy!

This stuff is pretty awesome. At first, I was unsure about it, since it seems like a bundle of money for a tiny little bit of product, but I don't need very much of it. It has a light scent, distributes well, and plays nice with everything I have tried it with (I frequently get weird product interactions even when products are supposed to be designed for use with other lines, so this is a big deal for me). I use it instead of a leave-in, and it is plenty moisturizing for me. It hasn't quite knocked my socks off, but I will be buying it again.

I find that this product is good at defining waves, reducing puffiness and frizz-control. I tend to use it on those humid days when I know I will need some extra control. I use it after a leave-in conditioner and before my main styling product, which is usually a gel. The only issue is that it can add a stiff feeling to my hair.

I applied this product to both very damp hair and then diffused and to fairly dry hair and let dry naturally. Applied to wet hair and diffusing initially gives you some volume and curl definition. As the day went on, my curls began to lie flat and my scalp started to itch. Also some frizzing going on. Applied to fairly dry hair and allowed to dry naturally gives you flat curls...meaning NO volume. Also hair felt dry. I have fine 3a hair that has not been colored. Took this back and will stick with my A/G Recoil, which gives me volume, great curl definition and a happy, happy scalp!

Is a great prep to follow with the be curly styling cream. Smell is Aveda either love it or hate it with the earthy smell.

Great feel, great smell, really expensive, but it works so well, especially combined with the air control hair spray by aveda as well.

This produt works well sometimes but there are times when I've used it where it has gotten a little heavy in my hair. Maybe because I use gel in my hair too? I don't know but the texture isn't always as great as the be curly curl enhancer. It does define curls.

Never had such perfect curls!!!

Really encourages curl. I moved from a humid climate to dry one and my curls became dry and lifeless. This product enhanced the curl and moisturized my hair. Put this in your hair right out of the shower or on the second day to enhance your curls. The only downside is that it is pretty expensive, but a little bit goes a long way.

Not my favorite from the line but it's still good.

The key is to put just a small amount in your hair. It gives you big, disorganized curly hair. I just started wearing my hair curly this past year. I have products, like Frizz-Ease and Ouidad Gel that will give me perfect ringlets. This, on the other hand, gives you Cari Bradshaw hair-it's actually pretty cool. It takes your curly hair and gives it a "style." I am a 2c/3a. I had blowdried and flat ironed my hair the other day and it looked terrible. I sprayed it with water and put just a dab of this in and drove to the mall. By the time I got there, I had "BIG HAIR" that looked really cool! I am still impressed with it the next day! I think it made the straighter areas match the curlier ones. I would recommend putting this on first and then a silicone or other smoother afterward just to guard against humidity as it has a tendency to "grow/bush out" on its own.

I liked this styler on its own as a leave-in/cream product. Used a nickel-sized amount and had soft, springy curls. Had some frizz problems on rainy days, but great in low humidity, cold weather. Great curl encouragement!

Great new product! It's like a leave in conditioner/curl cream with some hold. It really brings out curl and definition. Also great for day two hair. Just remember a little bit goes a long way (start off with only one pump and experiment from there). Enjoy!

Water/Aqua/Eau, VP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, Propanediol, C14-22 Alcohols, Caprylyl Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Brazil Nut Protein, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Hydroxypropyl Star, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-4, Maltodextrin, Fragrance (Parfum), Citral, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Eugenol, Limonene, Sodium Chloride
Ingredient Attributes: moisture, detangling, frizz control