moisture anti-humectant

As I Am Cleansing Pudding

8 oz. / 16 oz. | Cleanser, Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Product Rating: 4.24 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 58 reviews) Login to add your review

A rich sulfate-free creamy moisturizing beauty bath for your hair! Contains a special blend of natural ingredients, including saw palmetto and phytosterols, that helps to eliminate DHT build-up from t Read More...

I have a love/hate with this product. It gets my hair really clean without stripping which is awesome! However i hate the consistency. I dont like my cowash conditioners to be thin, if it were thicker I would definitely give it 5 curlies. Debating on whether or not to repurchase but it does get the job done and do what it says its going to do.

It's like a shampoo, really cleanses the hair. A bit stripping actually. I have to follow with a DC. It cleanses really well cones and gunk out of hair!

This was a good cleasing pudding. Not my favorite but i liked it better than the as i am coconut cowash. It smelled nice and was thick and moisturizing but didn't detangle that well. I had to finish with one of my top 3: Shea Moisture co wash. That detangled better. My other 2 favorite cowashes are Loreal EverCurl and Eden Bodyworks Cowash.

I enjoyed this product because after I used it ,it made my hair feel bouncy like curls should be. I used it with the Eden all natural jojoba monoi deep conditioner. I love the way my hair feel.

Rating: 2.5 stars I want to give this stuff another try before writing this review, but I'm too scared bc of the way it made my hair feel... I'm in love with the Cowash, so when I needed a shampoo, I thought of course let me stick with "As I Am" - Nawwwww, this made my hair feel really dry! Gave my hair that creepy, stripped feel that crawls my blood. I was really sad :( Gonna give it another go because I have a whole bottle of the stuff! But not looking forward to it.

Smells wonderful, and cleanses hair well with moderate stripping. Hair was not excessively dry after rinsing out. Detangled hair well with this on hair while wet and hair came out super moisturized when almost dried. Will buy again.

When I first purchased this product on the clearance aisle at Target(it was in the bottle then), I didn't like it because it didn't produce suds. I was new to the low-poo, no poo methods and didn't understand about how to properly cleanse kinky hair. I revisited this product after a few months and after I started using the coconut co-wash. This cleanser is the next best thing to a sudsy shampoo. Gets my hair clean without drying out my coils. Definitely recommend.

Cleanses the hair and scalp without stripping and a little goes a long way! I hope they never change this formula but I do hope they soon consider changing the jar into a pump bottle!!!! Anywho this product is a def staple.

Alas, THE HOLY GRAIL of the no-sud shamps !!! I can only compare the two I've used, this one leaves my hair feeling conditioned and clean, whilst not weighed down. I never thought that a conditioner could cleanse as well as a sud-sy shampoo but lo-and-behold it does. Suds dont mean a thang anymore. I genuinely like this cleanser a little better than the deva curl no poo (they both work great) for the sole reason that a little scoop with As I am goes a longer way than deva curl for me and my thick medium length mane.

Can't speak for other textures, but this stuff does wonders for my 4a coils. It does exactly what it's suppose to do and for that I <3 it! Cleanses without stripping my hair of it's glory and leaves it bouncy as an added bonus...two words...Shampoo what??

This is a Holy Grail Product. I love this cleanser. This product helped me while transitioning to natural in 2011. I lost a ton of hair with every wash and the tangles were horrible. It took forever to comb through until I began using the As I Am Cleansing Pudding. After a few uses I stopped losing hair all together. One day I looked in the mirror as I was cleansing my hair and saw something I had not ever witnessed in my entire a life. A curly coil! 5 stars all the way!

I love the way my hair feels after I cleanse my hair with this cleansing pudding. It does not leave my hair feeling stripped and it feels very moisturized before even adding a conditioner. Definitely going on my staples list.

I was really hesitant to try this product line, but I have been looking for a sulfate-free cleanser that didn't irritate my scalp for so long, I decided to give it a try. The main reason I decided to try it is because of the ingredient Piroctone Olamine. This ingredient is really effective at cleansing debris from the scalp, and hair loss recovery. In other words, this cleanser works without stripping the hair and, unlike the average co-wash, it cleanses the scalp for real. Further, this formula is balanced with cleansing and moisturizing agents. It's not super moisturizing, so I still used a conditioner to detangle (Tresemme Naturals). I will definitely rotate this with the Terressentials mud wash, which is more of a deep cleanse. I am a 4a, med/high porosity.

This product made my hair feel very dry and considering it is sulfate free, I was very disappointed. Even with the deep conditioner and leave in, it seemed to make a portion of my hair dry. I will not be purchasing again.

The As I Am products are absolutely amazing. They leave your hair soft and moisturizing. I would definitely recommend these products.

I used this after applying and massaging olive oil to my scalp and hair and idk if that was why or not put this product actually made my hair feel brittle and dry. It made it very hard to detangle even after I rinsed it out and put conditioner in it

so imagine your favorite deep conditioner. now imagine that DC lathering in your fro. that is what this is!!! omg so luxurious!!! this is a very close second to my Carol's Daughter cleansing conditioner cowash, the only thing is that I could use a conditioner afterwards and ideally i'd like to just do a one stop shop cleanse + condition with the same product. I'll probably try the the other cowash/cleansers in the line but this is A+!!!

I ususally use this when I have some heavy build up going on and I love this cleansing pudding. Doesn't dry out my hair and gets it nice and clean for the next step in my cleansing day process. My husband actually started using it also and he loved it also.

This product is pretty good, but I didn't use it in a way that the directions stated. My hair had ALOT of build up from moisturizing my box braids and I needed something clarifying. This did the trick! I wash my hair while they are in twists so all I did was take some in my hand, massage it into the scalp, and slide it down my twists. Instead of leaving it in for 3 to 5 minutes, I washed it out immediately because I could feel that my hair already felt clean after rubbing it though. I will try the coconut cowash before I make plans to buy this product again.

I this cleanser was moisturizing and probably does the job for someone who doesn't get a lot of build-up on the scalp. I use co-washes once a week. I only shampoo once a month. So for that one time a month, I need something with suds. I get PLENTY of build-up on my scalp. For someone who keeps a fairly clean scalp this would be great. I'll try the clarifying shampoo from As I Am.

This is a great product to use when you need a good cleansing but don’t need to clarify the hair and a little goes a long way…. I actually washed my hair twice and it felt great afterwards, I will repurchase this product.

This product was just okay. I really like As I Am products, however this product wasn't the WOW for me. I Probably won't buy it again. I like the co wash by As I AM better...

Ok my hair is cottony to touch so I wasn't expecting much moisture out of this product. I got what I expected...nothing. You get what you pay for.

3C, coarse, low porous hair. I bought this product because I was looking for a protein free product and this got some good reviews, I was looking forward to the moisture everyone claimed it had. I tried it today and my first impression was OMG, my hair felt soft, I could have combed my fingers through it, great slip and detangling product. Then when I washed it out, I said again OMG in a different way though, now my hair felt stiff, hard, lol, I was in shock by the difference in my hair texture from when the product was in my hair to when I washed it out, I just laughed, so will I recommend it, yes, it’s a good cleanser, but for moisture, no. Will I buy again, yes, because it’s one of the few shampoos that are free of protein etc. I gave three stars because of the lack of moisture.

I LOVEE the leave-in conditioner.. So I said why not try the other products... I wanted to love this product so bad.. But I didn't... It felt stiff on my hair, it did not moisturize and my hair was stripped.. I gave it 2 stars because I LOVE THE LEAVE-IN (but that has nothing to do with this review.. Just wanted to put that out there though..lol)

This is a very moisturizing cleanser, I have 4c hair and I haven't been able to find a shampoo that doesn't make my hair feel dry and hard, but oh I've finally found it! I love this product as well as the Co-Wash from this line. Keep up the good work As I Am!

I am a 3A/3B and I love this cleanser. It is moisturizing and smells awesome. I really love the whole line of AS I AM products. Great products!

This is a good deep cleanser. I have 2b hair, and I use the As I Am Coconut Cowash most of the time, but when I get product build-up or just need a deep clean, I reach for the cleansing pudding. It is stronger and more drying than the cowash is, so I wouldn't use it as my primary cleanser, but it's gentle enough that it doesn't throw my hair out of wack like a regular sulfate shampoo (I can't use that stuff anymore! My hair responds to the stripping by going into oily overdrive and it takes over a week to recover). The Cleansing Pudding doesn't leave my hair as soft and conditioned as the cowash does, but there's still enough slip that I can detangle with a comb as I wash. I usually add a leave-in conditioner but today I used only the pudding and no other product whatsoever and my waist-length hair is clean and soft. This smells delicious and I like that it comes in a tub - it is easy to scoop out what I need. The price is good, especially as I only use it occasionally.

I used this product for the first time tonight and I will say my hair and scalp felt very clean after using it. Even though this cleanser did its job I am still a bit confused on why it's called Cleansing Pudding when indeed its a no sulfate shampoo. During my second wash I realized my hair had suds and my only response was OH. I assumed this stuff was a no poo shampoo but I was wrong. Other than that I liked the stuff but my hair felt stripped after my wash and I was a bit disappointed with that. Because the product has the label MOISTURIZING on its jar I expected my hair to feel MOISTURIZED after the wash. I will continue to use the sample I have but won't be purchasing after it's done. I think I can buy a regular shampoo to receive the same results.

TYPE:4A I LOVE this product, i didn't know what to expect, i never used a cleansing shampoo before and this is the only one I'll ever use. my hair always squeaks when I'm done washing to let me know it's clean. This product is great if you use a lot of additional hair products daily. Gets rid of all the build up. Detangles and moisturizes. LOVE LOVE LOVE

I am transitioning. I've been using this product for about 3-4 wks twice a week. It's made my transition a lot easier! I have very little perm left in the very front of my hair. Inoticed how much much softer and manageable it makes my entire head. Before my hair was very brittle. I love Asiam's Moisture Milk too.... not too impressed w/Asiam's Hydration Elation though.

I luv this>>>I can detangle with it too>>>this gave my Jessicurl and keracare natural textures a run for the $$$!

I really like this product. It cleanses the hair VERY well and a little goes along way. The lather is GREAT and I only need to use one application as long as you follow the directions on the jar. I give it a 4 only because it's a little runny for me.

Grat slip, so it was easy for me to comb through my curls with a wide tooth comb. I've tried a few cowashers few, but my hair didn't feel clean. A little goes a long way, price is decent compared to what I used to spend on hair care products when I had perm. Would definitely buy again.

I definitely love the smell of this cleanser. The consistency is great, not runny or so thick that it needs to be manipulated. It does the job- it gets the hair clean without all that extra stuff in it. The only thing I don't really like is the way this product makes my hair feel after I use it. Using this product, I MUST prepeoo and I MUST deep condition in order for my hair to not feel so stripped. It does feel clean, just stripped, like using a clarifying shampoo. This is rather temporary as long as you DC, so still 4 curls.

I little goes a long way and thats coming from a curly girl with a lot of hair. It def is moisturizing and cleanses my scalp. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a shampoo that moisturizing and last for a long time!

Even with my 2c/3a hair, I felt like TJ's sulfate-free poo was too drying for me. I saw this product in Sally's and decided to check it out. It's great because it helps my long, prone-to-tangling hair begin to de-tangle even before I put condish in! It does not leave residue and makes my hair feel very soft. Also, I was surprised that it didn't make my scalp feel greasy compared to using a sulfate-free shampoo, but it didn't. Great product!

Not a big fan of cleansing creams, I would just use a shampoo and conditioner combined, but this product converted me! I love this stuff! It cleanses but is gently enough that I can use it daily without drying. it prevents product build up and my hair retains the moisture. Highly recommend!

There was a learning curve with this. I cant use it without a prepoo, it becomes too stripping for me but when used with a prepoo my hair likes it. I like it.

My hair type is 4b and I really like this product. It gently cleanses without stripping the hair. The bonus is that it smells good too!

This is the best moisturizing shampoo I have ever used!! My hair felt very clean and not stripped. It has also been the first time a shampoo has removed ALL of the residue from my hair with no dry scalp flakes left behind! A little goes a long way and I would definitely recommend and repurchase. My hair type is 3c and sits just above my shoulders.

Awesomeness! I used this poo expecting the worst because there were not may reviews from ladies with my hair type. But I used it, and it actually cleaned my hair! It also lathered very well. I didn't think that it would for some reason but it did. I love a poo that lathers. Also A LITTLE GOES A LOOOOOOOOOONG WAY! Seriously! I am extremely heavy handed and I literally only needed a finger swipe! I washed twice and my hair felt... So soft and even ready to detangle. I then proceeded to the deep conditioner. The cleanser so far is a keeper! 4C (tightly coiled curls)

I absolutely LOVE this product! It is amazing for my 4a curls. I am a self proclaimed product junkie, but after finding this shampoo...my search is over. It leaves my hair clean, moisturized, and smells wonderful. There is no shampoo better than this one for kinky curly or kinky coily hair. Hands down this is my staple product for shampooing my hair. I also use it every two or three days and my hair is never dry or parched. Try it and you will love it!

Hands down the best shampoo I have ever used.... I have tried pretty much everything on the market and this is the only shampoo that leaves my hair feeling moisturized like a conditioner but still wipes out the buildup without the sulfates that leave my hair feeling stripped. My hair is super dry so I am always looking for products that moisturize my hair and this one is by far the best!!! I'm in love!!!

This product is okay. It does have slip and my color doesn't seem to fade as fast. My hair feels cleanish but not super clean. It's good for the price.

This stuff works great! I work out a lot so I have to co wash my hair often. My hair was very mositurized and shiney even after it was dry.The smell was nice too. Has good slip. This product will be a staple for me!

This is a really great shampoo. It cleans all of the products from my hair without stripping it dry- my hair feels super clean after using this. It really does lather well although it's sulfate free, and it has a light pleasant scent to it. You only need a small amount of product. I love that it comes in a tub rather than a bottle- makes it easy for me to scoop out what I need. I followed up next with Aussie Moist Conditioner.

The best and most affordable co-wash I've ever tried. It has become a staple product for my type 4b/coily hair. I would highly recommend trying it and the other products in the line. I also love a product I can pick up at a local store (sally's). Check it out

This is the only product I will wash my hair with. I have tried so many different shampoos and I can finally stop looking. I've tried many different shampoos for natural hair but I never felt like my hair was completely clean with those products. When I would get out of the shower I would still see product build up and dirt in some areas. With this product I never have any of that. I have shoulder length 3c/4a hair and it cleans it from root to tip every time. I also like the fact that I don't have to use a lot during one wash. I've gotten about 9 washes out of the 8oz jar and I still have a lot of product left. I absolutely love this stuff!

I have 4b/c hair and I really wanted this product to work for me since I loved the Hydration Elation Conditioner. However, after two attempts, this product made my hair feel pretty dry and filmy. The first time I tried it I was amazed at how soft my hair felt when the product was first applied, however, after rinsing off my hair felt sticky and stripped. The second time I tried it, it again felt very moisturizing going on and just to avoid that stripped feeling that I had experiences on my first application, I added some conditioner before rinsing. Unfortunately, my hair was left feeling dry again (nothing that my steamer couldnt fix, however!) I wont be trying this particular product from the line again, but I do recommend the Hydration elation for a super thick conditioning treatment.

This is a great product. I have a twa and this really helps with moisture and my scalp feels really clean.

Provides amazing slip for my 4a hair! I love how it helps my hair retain moisture!

Next to WEN, this product is my favorite cleanser I've tried yet. The fact that it's sulfate free and so gentle makes this a keeper. I will definitely repurchase this when I'm done. On top of this being excellent for curly hair, the price is very reasonable and the ingredient list is desirable for the most part.

i liked this cleansing pudding. made my hair soft, great slip in the shower and cleans the scalp w/o the suds

This is great! It really lathers and cleans up the buildup. It reminds me of Curls Cleansing Cream. I love it! I do have to use a conditioner afterwards because it really cleans well. It works well alternating with the Coconut Cowash. When I use the Cowash I only have to use a leave-in.

I love the smell, the results and especially the price. I second the fact that the products work well together.

After using the cleansing pudding, I felt like my hair was both clean and moisturized. Usually, my hair just feels clean after I've washed it. Also, I loved the smell of this product.

Love it when a line of products work together... I like this cleansing pudding. It cleans, maintains moisture and it feels good and smells good on my hair. Love this stuff!

Aqua/WaterEau, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Hydroxylpropyl Starch Phosphate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Phytosterols, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Powder, Piroctone Olamine, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene
Ingredient Attributes: moisture, anti-humectant