moisture anti-humectant

As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner

8 oz | Conditioner, Deep Conditioner

Product Rating: 3.75 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 44 reviews) Login to add your review

Scheduled maintenance with this deep-down hydrating and fortifying treatment is a must for strong, shiny, soft, springy coils and curls. This rich penetrating conditioner is an exceptional composition Read More...

Really good....intense moisture... Makes curls pop while the product is in hair... Melts onto hair...leaves hair soft but very shrunken after rinse out (even after using their cowash) but that's to be expected with intense moisture I guess. Smells lovely and very very thick!

Totally in love with this staff, my four month transitioning hair feels really soft and moisturezes... Hope they make the big size

3c/4a/4b - I LOVE this product. It's so hard sometimes to decipher which will work even with reviewers of similar hair type commenting. But gave this one a shot and I'm so glad I did. It replaces my HG deep conditioner all together. No other product has helped my hair after one use like this one has. I was running late this week and didn't have time to rinse it out, so I left a bit of it in with a touch of my finishing oil. My twist out was AMAZING! I got soooo many compliments. My hair is soft to the touch and smells so good. It eliminated the majority of the frizz I normally get on day 3. I can rock this look all week easily! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Giving one star for good ingredients. Provided no moisture. Can not detangle with this product. Did not try under dryer but I feel it should work without heat. The heat should just make it better. Will not rebuy.

Works well. Love the smell. Better hydration when used after a shampoo as opposed to co-wash.

I really dislike this conditioner. I have low porosity hair and this does not penetrate at all. Even with steaming. It just sits on top of my hair. It has poor slip, and actually separates. I wouldn't recommend it for those looking for penetrating moisture.

I recently started using this product and I love it!!! Love the smell, I love the way it leaves my hair soft and it is definitely a great alternative to drying out my hair every week with shampoos. I have a dry itchy scalp and this helps to soothe my scalp

After trying As I Am clarifying shampoo I had high hopes for this one. Granted I haven't used it with a plastic cap on my hair, but it doesn't feel like a super moisturizing conditioner. There was no slip, and my curls didn't form well with this product. Not real impressed.

Hair stats: transitioning, MBL, 4Aish, low porosity, protein and AVJ sensitive Like another reviewer said, it seemed as though it was goopy and lumpy. As if the product wasn't sufficiently stirred during production. Anyway, the smell doesn't bother me. It smells like coconut and I like the thickness of it. I applied it to freshly washed hair. The product felt slippery going on, so I was excited about the slip I would receive once I rinsed. After sitting under my steamer for 45 minutes, my hair felt terrible. Absolutely terrible. It seemed as though the product just sat on top of my hair, so no moisture was added. The slip that I was so excited about, never happened. My hair was not soft, moisturized or manageable. I promptly took it back to Sally. It was a huge disappointment. I love their cowash conditioner, but this left my hair feeling dry. Definitely would not repurchase or recommend.

Just a tip ladies. Deep conditioners normally work best when you remove any build up and product from your hair. Hair can only take but so much hydration. Following up the cowash conditioner with this, it will not be as effective. Trust me! Been there and been disappointed. But, clarify your hair first and then try your dc, I bet you'll see the difference. It worked fine for me the second time around when I remembered that little tidbit.

My hair LOVES this deep conditioner. I leave it on overnight with a plastic cap over it. I decided to add some olive oil to it last time and that just made it even better. My hair was so easy to detangle and it was so soft!

I can't even say this product does what it says. Unfortunately, this conditioner didn't do much for me. Furthermore, the texture in the jar is hard and lumpy and gross to scoop out and apply to my hair. That may be caused by the coconut oil, which leads me to the smell. I need my deep conditioners to smell good, because sometimes I will leave them in my hair for an hour or so while I run errands or use them as a pre-poo. This did not pass muster. I am a huge fan of other As I Am products, but this deep conditioner is not something I would ever recommend or rebuy.

This "intensive conditioner" was nothing special. Other than the fact that it's thick, there's nothing else "intense" about it. I am still searching for that terrific deep conditioner. Boo!

This conditioner is expensive but well worth it. I deep condition my hair overnight and then wash it in the morning. I apply it to dry hair to loosen the gel, detangle and then twist it in sections. The next morning my hair is well moisturized. I find that not applying water during the deep condition process makes it easier to detangle and gives me less shrinkage.

I love to use As I Am Hydration Elation combined with my hot oil treatments. I tried it alone and felt that I still needed a not oil session afterward. I am still searching for a deep conditioner that gives me the feeling of a good hot oil treatment and haven't found it yet. Meanwhile this is a good, not great DC for me.

Great for my 4B hair. Leaves hair soft and manageable. Does not have any slip tho.

Cons: not enough product for the price Pros: Good smell, provides some slip, made hair moisturized How I applied product: after cowashing with coconut cowash I applied this and let it sit for about 30 min with plastic cap. I think I need to try this again with a hooded dryer.

Ok it has some moisturizing properties. It does have some slip. It does have some detangling properties. BUT I bought it use after a henna treatment. Nope. Not enough moisture and no softness. Going back to Sally's.

Since I was so in love with the cleaning cowash, I decided to try this product. I had a decent conditioner, but my hairstylist always said it's best to use the entire product line as products are formulated to work together. So after my cowash, i gave this a try, left it on for the recommended time with a heat cap for extra conditiong. My hair loved it! I almost felt I could go with the leave-in because it was so soft and moisturized. When I used the leave-in, my curls are much soft, more defined, and the ringlets are bigger now. All I say is i think I have my "holy grail" of products here!

Still waiting for the hydration so that I can have an elation.....there was none, well very little. I was so disappointed. I was in search of a deep conditioner sans the cones and proteins.....this fit the bill, but it was also without the moisture. I will never buy this mediocre product again.

I didn't see the point of this product. I have the sample kit of the As I Am products and I used this after using the Coconut CoWash and it seemed to do nothing for my hair. My hair wasn't anymore hydrated or moisturized after the cowash than usual. I have a 4a hair styled in a TWA.

Hands down the best of the best of As I Am. I fell in love with this deep conditioner. Softens, moisturizes, conditions and adds shine:)

I really did like this product. I actually got 4 DC's out of this 8 oz. SUCKS for the price i pay. But over all i like that ir left my hair really soft with a shine. I wont repurchase it again becuase i dont want to repurchase this every month and is over price. But this product is good. Is all natural and my hair really did like

I used this conditioner for the first time yesterday and I am very impressed with the results. This conditioner is very thick and creamy leaving my hair soft after rinsing out the product. One thing I did notice though is my hair is not holding my twist very well but for next time I'll just apply more gel for hold. Besides that I like this DC and plan on purchasing a jar very soon.

Great DC, my hair is very moisturized, i'll purchase again

Very good deep conditioner,works well with the product line:)

This is one of my Holy Grail Deep Conditioners. It leaves my hair feeling very hydrated and very soft to the touch. The curls definitely pop much bigger when I use my Huetiful Hair Steamer. Definitely recommend this product to anyone. I have type 4A hair.

just okay for my 4b hair. I was using this as a deep conditioner and it doesn't do much more than a regular conditioner.

This deep conditioner... Is ok. It is a typical conditioner. It was ok at detangling but not as good as the conditioner from Oyin. Now that stuff...! Anyway. It was a pretty decent detangler because it took a little bit more effort than i was use to with the conditioner from Oyin Handmade. It also took quite a bit for me because i am heavy handed and like my hair to be saturated. I don't know if the size comes larger but I'm gonna need a 16 oz. other than the fact that it is not on the same level as Oyin and it took quite a bit for my liking, I would probably continue to use as long as the rest of the line does not fail me.

A pretty good deep conditioner. My hair felt nice afterwards, but it's not my favorite. It also cost more than my other favorite deep conditioners. I probably will not repurchase unless it's on sale.

This stuff is soo good, it made my hair so soft and moisturized and still going on the 4th day ! I LOVE IT , it works wonders . I even did it after my protein treatment a while ago and it had great effects. This is some good stuff. Just because its not $20 doesnt mean it doesnt do what it says.

I love this. Every couple of weeks I leave it on my hair, beneath a plastic cap, for a couple of hours. It makes my hair feel silky and bouncy and my hair goes back to responding well to styling products. For my hair, this is even better than a clarifying cleanse.

Love the entire As I Am product line. It is all natural and really moisturizes my hair and brings it back to the way it should be.

I purchased this product because I have such great results with the As I Am leave in conditioner. Unfortunately this product doesn't deliver. I hate the way this conditioner feels on my hair. It doesn' t have any slip or detangling qualities. Type 3b/3c

I finally found a great deep treatment! This conditioner produced amazing results. At first I thought it wasn't going to do much cause I felt like it was sitting on my hair, but when I rinsed my hair was so soft and moisturized. I will be repurchasing. Holy grail for me. Especially since I can get it on the groung at a discount with my sallys card. Plus a little goes a long way.

Did nothing for my hair. It had decent slip but left much to be desired. Smell was good though.

Este acondicionador funciona realmente, llevo 8 meses de transición y no había encontrado un producto con el que realmente sintiera diferencia en mi rutina, solo en la primera aplicación mi cabello dejó de caerse. Lo recomiendo totalmente y lo seguiré usando.

Maybe my hair isn't long enought yet (I currently rock a TA) but this didn't seem very moisturizing. I DC once a week and got this as a sample before I bought it. I've DC'd with it twice and both times, it didn't do too much. Maybe I should try again and use a lot more? I'm going to keep searching for an amazing DC before I buy this again.

This is really good conditioner. It left my hair very shiny and bouncy. It has a good consistency and is not hard to rinse out. Another great product from this line.

I am currently transitioning and 8 months in and I started using this conditioner at 6 months and I absolutely love it! Leaves my hair very soft and moisturized. This is now my staple deep conditioner for now and when I am completely natural.

Great stuff! I have tried so many DC and this is the best one for my dry strands. Great texture, slip, moisture, everything. My hair finally received the moisture it craves.

Great slip, great smell, nice and thick and my hair felt soft and moisturized after leaving it on 20 minutes.

I do like this conditioner, but I do have to be careful to not leave it in too long or my hair becomes to soft and wont hold twists.

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Coco-Caprylate², Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin¹, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Phytosterols¹, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract¹ (Green Tea), Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract¹, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract¹, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Stalk Extract¹, Fragrance/Parfum, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glucose, Lactoperoxidase, Glucose Oxidase, Abies Balsamea (Balsam Canada) Extract¹, Limonene Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut
Ingredient Attributes: moisture, anti-humectant