Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream

12 oz. | Styler

Product Rating: 4.38 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 47 reviews) Login to add your review

Cantu for Natural Hair Coconut Curling Cream will define, condition and add manageability to your curls, leaving them soft, shiny and deeply moisturized. Made with 100% Pure Shea Butter and formulated Read More...

I have 2c/3a hair and love this product! It is the first "natural" product I have bought since I stopped straightening my hair by flat iron. The trick is getting the right amount...to much will leave a slight film on you hair. Tried it at the beach and had MUCH less frizz!! Love the smell too!

I've tried so many other creams and this is by far the best! It has become a wash and go staple for me.

This product will forever be a staple in my regimen. It defines, defrizzes, moisturizes, and leaves my curls with a light (touchable) hold. It works great on both wet and dry hair. And, I don't have to use a leave in underneath either.

LOVEDDDDD IT AMAZING FOR 3B/3C HAIR CHECK OUT MY REVIEW ON IT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCziBABLwNw

This is a good product. It defined my 3b/3c curls and left them moisturized with minimal frizz. I apply this to dry hair spritzed with water to refresh my curls. After applying it the second day it did feel heavy and left my hair with all kinds of build up, so it's not something that I would refresh my curls with for more than one day.

Just used this for the first time. After researching online I used this after moisturising and sealing my hair as my styling product in a braid out. My hair looks great, really defined and not too weighed down. It does have a very very strong smell which is very sweet so a bit sickly. A little bit goes a very long way so just use a small amount – you can always add more if you need to. I don't feel that the cream really moisturises though so I would always use it over a leave in and sealant.

I really like this product!! It smells great and it defines my curls. I apply it after mt leave-in to give my curls a light hold. My hair isn't sticky or stiff after applying it. I also use it to refresh my next day curls. I will continue to use this product interchangeably with the Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter moisturizer.

It's an ok product for my hair but it still has that something sticky in your hair feeling and I don't like that. i like the smell but other then that i really doesn't nothing for my hair except leaving feeling dirty and weight down.

I absolutely adore this product! It has replaced Shea Moisture in my hair care rotation, which I didn't think would ever be possible! The smell is divine, and I love the fact that I can use Cantu Curl Cream on my dry hair and achieve excellent curl definition for several days! The price is very economical and a little bit of this product goes a very long way! I would give 10 stars if I could! :)

This stuff smells really good. Moisturizes well and keeps the frizz down! However it doesnt leave my hair moisturized for long, the next day i would need to add more moisturizer and after a couple days my hair felt heavy and my scalp itchy! It is easily rinsed out with water so you can use it again but i just found more than one application between washes weighed my hair down

I love it, I use it to wash. I like the consistency, smell, price. I didnt like styling creams because they dont give me definition, hold or frizz control, but this cream is different. Gives me definition, and I dont have to use a lots of it.

I absolutely love this!! I was able to get a free sample and now cannot find anywhere to buy it!! HELP!

Did not really enjoy this product. It was simply, okay. I wish I could give it three stars, but my twistout shrunked and was defined, but it wasn't a good holding styler. It also was not as detangled as I left it before I added the product. Other than this, my hair was not moisturized as I am used to it. Maybe over a moisturizer it would do better, but alone, this product was not up to par. Hopefully it does better next time.

I love this stuff! I've had it for awhile but just started using it regularly for a week or so and wow, what a difference. Shae Moisture has always been a staple in my home but a coworker suggested that I try Cantu products. I tried this and am in love! I have 4A/4B hair and it leaves my hair so shiny and defined. The compliments I get when wearing my twist outs never stop coming. I almost did not want to like it since Shae Moisture was always worked best for me before I tried this. I will definitely be buying more of this product.

I have used this product for two years. It does not weigh my hair down or clump it together. That only happens if you use too much -- like many good products. My curls are shiny and my friends agree with all of you, they always love smelling my hair. I would highly recommend this product -- just test the amount for your length and curl type.

This products is Ok. It smells awesome, and left my hair looking nice on the first day. Although, on the second day my hair was very flat. After put the product in, it also left my hair very clumpy hard to comb.

I recently received a free sample of this product in the mail via Cantu's Facebook page. When I saw the small packet, I was initially disappointed because I have extremely thick, tightly-coiled 4a/4b hair that tends to require a tad more product to completely coat and penetrate my hair, but was pleasantly surprised when it was just enough for me to use on nearly all of my hair when doing a braid and curl. I love the coconut scent and how moisturizing yet light the cream is, and my curls ended up being very bouncy and shiny. I'll definitely be purchasing a full jar very soon.

I use this on my 3c hair in the l.o.c. method. It smells nice and is very moisturizing. I have to be careful to not use much so that it doesn't weight my hair down and make it greasy. It is a good alternative to pricier creams and butters.

I like the smell and it leaves my hair very soft and moisturized however, it doesn't give my 4A hair the best definition for my twist outs. I'm not going to completely give up on it yet.

I like this product. I used it for my twists using the LOC method. It kept my twists moisturized after I took them out. It was well worth the price.

I HATE this product! Now I will admit that it made my curls look absolutely gorgeous! However, it made my hair REALLY hard. I was scared to even run my fingers through my hair for fear of breakage. Needless to say that after 1 use, i threw this product away

I absolutely love this product. Since I started my journey to become natural, to finally big chopping, its been so hard to find something thats for you. I went to this site, and other site to read reviews, and i'd often come back, and read them again, until i decided it wast time to try it. What a first impression it made, and it hasn't disappointed. I feel like i've finally found something (the first product) that i can say, is staple in my developing hair regiment.

I love this product. It's really works and keep my twist out long lasting with great shine and smells great. Check out my video review on this product. I did a braid-out, check it out at: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kxneCf7nwBE

This stuff smells horrible. The smell is so strong it gave me a headache both times I tried to use it, so I had to give it away. Also, it made my hair really greasy. It didn't define my curls well either and it took forever to dry. My hair felt dry as soon as I applied this to my hair. Must be the Petroleum? I dunno. My hair was soft, but this is not worth the $9 I paid.

This has become my HG product! It gives a little hold in my 2c-3a hair and encourages curl. No sticky,products feel. This leaves my hair soft,and bouncy. A little goes a long way! This is by far the best product I have tried,and I have tried a lot!!!

I tried this product on a whim and have been using it regularly for about 2 months. It is now my favorite product. I have 4a/4b hair. This product creates soft, moisturized twist outs with hold. It also encourages my hair to curl so that I can use it for wash and goes. It makes me look like I have pretty 4a curls throughout most of my head. I have not found another product that works as a moisturizer, a twist out cream with hold and works for wash and goes. I usually need a separate product for each look. Very impressed and love the price. The soft moisture it provides is comparable to Shea Moisture’s Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

This product was recommended to me by many on this website, as well as many of my other curly haired friends at large. I had been using gel, however, my hair is low porosity, and refuses to absorb gel, even when I use the Heat Therapy Wrap. So I figured I would try going with a thick and heavy curl cream instead. This curl cream has a thick and heavy texture to it, so I chose it. I used this for the first time on June 10, and my hair actually did absorb this curl cream. It does a great job with defining my curls and making them shine (What is that?). I like products that can multi-task, and this product does that. I can use it alone on the second and third days to re-define my curls, as well as to tame flyaways and frizz. I love this product, and will definitely buy it again. It is adios to gel for me, and welcome to curl cream.

works wonders on my hair.....I am 34 yrs old and have tried some of everything. This product is by far the best I've used! No flaking, doesn't make my hair hard, and no weird wet damp smells! Keeps my curls springy and condition with no greasy build up either...I give it 5 stars in my book!

This has to be one of the best products I've used. For me, and I think most curlies, our goals are soft curls that are also defined, but also not weighed down. Which can be conflicting goals that cause us to try and find the best balance between leave-in conditioners, gels, and creams. This product will substitute for all other styling products by moisturizing your hair, giving it definition, and not weighing it down. It also smells really nice. One of my new staples, I love this stuff!

I am about to hit my one year natural hair journey, and in doing so I have been trying to find a inexpensive but effective styling product, that keeps my hair moisturized yet defines my coily/springy hair. So far I have used this product twice and have gotten amazing results. Cantu curling crème lives up to the hype and then some I combined this product with their Cantu daily oil moisturizer + coconut oil and BAM, spectacular soft, springy, moisturized, smell good, curls that last. I have now found a staple product that I will continue to repurchase and use for years to come. I highly recommend this product for new and experienced naturals. Hope this helps. Coilyme.

I was looking for a cream that would moisturize and define my hair without making it sticky or crunchy and I have to say this stuff is the best product I have used, I love it! It controls my frizz very well too. The price is great for this product I hope it wont get discontinued or change like most good products do. Keep in mind though this product Has a soft hold which works for my taste leaving the curls bouncing with a natural look. If you like big hair no frizz and nice defined curls than this is the best product in the market to buy. I love it sooooo much!

I really Ike this stuff. I know that God had answered my prayer when he created this curl cream. It moisturizes as well as creates the slip that we 4c sisters desire. This gets the two snaps up!

I love it for when I do my twists for my twists out styles. It leave my hair soft and tangle free and very shiny! I don't like using it as my wash-n-gos go though. I just don't like the way my curls look when I use this. I prefer gels for my wash-n-gos.

I bought the product last weekend and I am totaly pleased. I put it on Sunday after washing my hair, and my curl definition is still great and its Tuesday. I have only had to spray my hair with a little sheen to give it shine. I reccomend this product.The price is right and it doesn't take alot of product the get the right look.

Just like some of the reviews below..this is not a staple product, but it does the job! I do like the smell and so if I am ever low on funds, I would definitely buy this!

Probably won't be a staple product but I will enjoy it until it's gone :) Definitely defines my curls well and is a much better product then their older ones.

i ran to the store to buy the deep mask treatment from SM and they were wiped out of everything...and i saw CANTU and the word NEW..i am not a fan of their leave in conditioner which leaves white residue on my hair and its crunchy..i have 3c hair..but with the humidity in Miami..it can look like 4a from frizz and swelling up..THIS STUFF IS NOTHING LIKE THE LEAVE IN CONDITIONER..its white thick paste-ish lotion..smells great..its a little heavy because my hair is very fine but i dont mind because i need the extra stuff to keep this mane tamed...it doesnt really define curls from the go..but its great for TWIST OUTS and as a moisturizer...GREAT BUY LADIES..just iffy about the petroleum being so high on the list of ingredients...so i have to use A POO...which is why i didnt give it 5 stars...enjoy

despite how much i hate cantu's shampoo and conditioner (which doesn't condition nothing) this curly cream is actually great. i use it as my styling product. it gives me defined, shiny, tight, but soft curlS every time i use it. When i run out i can tell a huge difference in my curls with out it. TRY IT!

I've been using product for almost 2 months for my twist outs and flat twist out and I must say it does wonders for definition! Great hold and keeps my hair very soft!

This was nice a thick and creamy, perfect for adding some sheen and moisture to my daughter's 4a/b hair when doing a twist out. I like it for my edges and to smooth out ponytails. It works better on damp hair than dry and a little goes a long way

This product I LOVE it. It definitely defines my curls especially any twist out I do. It isn't heavy on my hair. And it also softens and moisturize my hair. Great smell. And it doesn't give me shrinkage. And I can tell ya I dislike putting on creams that give me shrinkage.

I am absolutely loving this product! I finally have enough length for twists & twist outs so this is what I have been using and it truly defines my curls as well as softens my hair.. My hair is LOVING cantu's natural hair line so far :)

I bought this product because it looked like an imitation of Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I wanted to see if it worked as well. And actually, it works better than SMCES. It is lighter and creamier and delivers more consistent results. I apply it as directed, by sectioning hair and applying to each section. This stuff smells wonderful but the smell fades once your hair is dry, so its not overpowering at all. I was hesitant to buy the coconut curling cream because it contains a few ingredients that are considered undesirable in the natural hair world (petrolatum, phenoxyethanol) but you can't argue with results! Bottom line: this stuff works.

I've tried this twice now. The first time I used too much and it made my hair heavy and greasy (I'm a 3b with some 3a and 3c curls here and there). Second time I used a tiny bit, maybe the size of a large pea or a lima bean in total, and it really enhances the curls and makes my hair very soft, even a bit limp. Tomorrow, for 2nd day hair, I think I'll add some Angell mixed with Marrakesh oil, which is my normal routine. I think this product definitely bears working with. It definitely smells great.

I saw the Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Creme this weekend when I was in Walmart. I usually use the conditioning creme when I do my braid-outs. I tried this new stuff and my braid out was much softer and has a better shine. Not greasy to the touch at all. I love it!! It smells great too. I highly recommend it!

I love the smell of this product. It has zero hold of your going for a wng but if you apply a gel on top of it it's great. The price is cheap. My hair was very moisturized.

I bought this curling cream yesterday and it smells awesome!!! I tried it for my wash and go and i did not like the hold but i smelled great the entire day. I think it will work better on a twist out or hairstyles like that.

Water, Canola Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol/Ceteareth-20, Fragrance, Cetearyl Alcohol/Ceteth-20, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycol Stearate, Petrolatum, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Olea Euopaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernal Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Lonciera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Laminara Cloustoni (Sea Kelp) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, PEG-75, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Ingredient Attributes: