Paul Mitchell Curls Spring Loaded Detangling Shampoo

8.5 oz. | Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Product Rating: 3.00 Curls (Rated 3/5 based on 14 reviews) Login to add your review

This ultra-moisturizing, 100% sulfate free shampoo gently cleanses and conditions curls without roughing up the cuticle. The rich lather leaves hair soft and manageable so curls always look their best Read More...

Pretty good but too expensive and didnt lather well

this smells great! after washing my hair was still frizzy and a little tangled. it also lather alot for a sulphate free shampoo and has harmful chemicals.It is very expensive also

This Shampoo was ok for me...It cleansed w/out stripping but I wish it had more slip so I could finger detangle. 3 out of 5 CURLS!

I finally found it and I'm very pleased. I feel it enhanced my curls and made my hair soft.

I have recently switched to no-lather cleansing with DevaCurl and DevaCare products and though I absolutely love it, I don't hate this product either. If I'm ever in the need for a lather fix, this will be what I reach for.

I've used this only once, so far, but, with a cleanser, I can usually tell if it's going to work for me as soon as I see how my hair reacts to it. It's been a long time since I've used anything that calls itself "shampoo" for anything other than clarifying (I still use sulfate-free), so I couldn't wait to see if I noticed a difference. Other than having lots and lots of lather, this shampoo reminds me a bit of my Ouidad Co-Wash. It leaves my hair feeling clean, but not squeaky or stripped. When I felt all the last with the Paul Mitchell shampoo, I though, "Uh oh." I expected my hair to knot up into a huge, crispy ball. Surprisingly, it did not. I used a fairly large amount of shampoo, to make sure my whole scalp and all my hair was washed, and the foamy lather left soft; not at all like dish detergent. When I rinsed, my hair wasn't in a big matted ball. It was, however, still really tangled. My hair felt thick, soft, clean, springy, and I could see curls begin to form even with my hair wet...but I had a lot, lot of ropey tangles and knots. (While my hair was still soaking wet I raked the Paul Mitchell Curls Leave-In Conditioner through it. The leave-in has very good slip, yet it's light, and it helped me get my hair tangle-free before I plunked.) I'm rating this shampoo with 4 curls, because, for me, it doesn't detangle, and it's expensive by my standards. If I could get away with using less at a time, I'd probably splurge more often, but I'll be saving this for "special occasions". I couldn't help but notice that the Paul Mitchell Curls Products truly work in synergy with each other. I've used the Leave-In and the Twirl Around Definer, together, a few more times, and once along with the shampoo, and I noticed tighter, more defined curls when I used all 3 products together. These products are sure to be new favorites during these low dew point times when I'm continually fighting poofy frizz and limp curls. My hair can't get enough moisture, and this line helps seal moisture into my hair.

Let me preface this by saying that if you use the Paul Mitchell system all together (the shampoo, leave in, and one of the stylers) they worked SPECTACULARLY together. The results are phenomenal! However, though the shampoo cleans the hair and scalp well, it does claim to be detangling (it is in the name of the product) and it really doesn't. At all. It's actually quite thick and a bit sticky and that's not exactly conducive to provided the slip necessary to detangle. But it smells great and it cleans well and I like it. Just not as a detangler. And I kinda don't like that it says that it will detangle (because the idea of a shampoo that detangles is really novel and neat), but it doesn't. At least, not for me. But it's a great shampoo. So arm yourself with a separate conditioner and enjoy it!

This shampoo is very thick and lathers well. It was kinda difficult for me to get it on my entire scalp because of the thickness and it feels moisturizing while it was in my hair. However, once I rinsed it out my hair felt very dry and was extremely tangled. This might work better for a different hair type; mine is between 3b and 3c.

Great lather for sulfate free shampoo but it stripped my hair. I would not purchase again.

I really like this shampoo! It was very conditioning, and it did a good job at cleansing. My hair felt soft after, and if I was rushing and didn't have time for a conditioner, my hair would still be soft enough to go!

This may be sulfate-free, but it made my hair feel dry, scaly, and rough--even in the shower immediately after rinsing it out. Major flash-drying. The rich lather was enjoyable and distributed easily while it was in my hair, but I didn't like the strong cleansing effect at all.

I liked how the shampoo lathered up quickly in my hair. after i rinsed the shampoo out of my hair, my hair felt soft and it was left feeling clean. I had used my fingers to detangle. It's not a good detangler because my hair felt tangled. I did not use a conditioner after i had used this shampoo. overall it's just an ok shampoo.

Great lather! After shampooing with the product my hair was dried out ;-(

This is one of my favorite new sulfate-free shampoos. It's got a nice lather and is very moisturizing. It actually has a little bit of slip so it helps detangle. Smells great!

Water (Eau, Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Glycol Distearate, Laureth-4, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Polyquaternium- 7, Polyquaternium-59, Butylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, Laureth-9,Trideceth- 12, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyquaternium-67, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene
Ingredient Attributes: