detangling

Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Curl La La Defining Curl Custard

15 oz. | Styler

see all Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils products

Product Rating: 4.21 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 33 reviews) Login to add your review

Kiss frizzy, hard-to-tame hair good-bye. The mega-moisture humectants in Curl La La Defining Curl Custard give long-lasting bounce to curls, and shine and definition to spirals and coils. Define you Read More...

I first used this product when it wasn't even popular. Its an awesome product. Smell doesn't bother me. Please don't change your product. Curly Gurl

I love it the first day I used it...my coworkers asked me what I did to my hair.

Doing twist out is amazing with that product!Oh my God it gives such a good definition. I was using shea butter for twist out before and it was such a mess! it left my hair greasy and white residues. But this product...it litteraly saves my life. I can wear my twist out for 5 days cause it has a great hold! super!

I have 4a hair and I absolutely love this product. I compared this to Cantu's Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream and I definitely preferred Aunt Jackie's over that. I use this for my twist-outs and the results are perfect every time. The custard is not too thick and it's not too thin, it spreads well, and the smell is amazing.

I have type 3b hair that is protein sensitive. I had purchased this a while ago and finally tried it. It seemed to provide some added definition, even with the areas that do not curl that well. However the smell is terrible which puts me off trying it again. the smell lingers in the bathroom after I apply it to my hair and lingers in my hair. I'm giving it 2 stars because it may have potential with my hair, but the smell prevents me from trying it again.

I love this stuff! Its great! I been looking for something to keep my hair soft and fuzz free curls and I finally found it. It does great before I do my twist or braids after co washing. It really gives your curls extra definition. I love it! And best of all like I mention before no fuzz! I hate curls with fuzz and this product works great to help prevent that. I use it on the go and you don't have to use a lot. I just think this is a great product. I went natural October 2013 so still new to all this natural stuff but while transitioning this product has really helped me out. I definitely recommend this product for any type of hair. I haven't tried the rest of the product line yet but after using this I will do so because I know those will be great too.

I give this product a 10 when used with 100% Shea butter on wet clean hair. Very good on braid outs and twist out. It sucks on wash n gos

Great, Great, Great, Product!! I recommend this product to anyone who desires soft long lasting curls for a reasonable price...$5 at the local Dollar General Store. I use the entire line. I have been natural for one year in December and I have tried..Miss Jessie's, Design Essential, and others..But this have giving me the best result so far...

Great price, great moisture, great definition, just a wonderful product. One of my new favorites, and I would say off of the miss jesse's samples that I tried that aunt jackie's works even better for a fraction of the price. (dollar general $4.25!)

My absolute favorite curl custard. I use it with the knot on my watch and the frizz disappears.

This product is okay, but it smells good.

This product is inexpensive and made my hair feel so soft. My curls were defined for a wash n go and I can use this to style my hair into a ponytail or bun. It works well with the l.o.c. method.

This might be okay, if you don't mind smelling like ant poison. I'm not above enjoying a little artificial fragrance, but come on now Auntie Jackie. This amount of petroleum based fragrance can't be healthy for anyone, not to mention how inelegant it smells. I gave this two stars, because it seemed like it might have been a reasonably effective product otherwise. I couldn't really tell because of the instant headache.

Following my big chop this past June, I took a trip to the beauty supply store to see what products were available for natural hair. I was immediately overwhelmed with all of the options and was about to give in and buy miss Jessie's despite the high price tag just because I had heard a lot about it from other naturals. Aunt Jackies just happened to be right next to it on the shelf so I purchased it instead. I must say, I am so glad that I made this decision. I am a wash and go girl. This product really makes my curls POP!! I use this line regularly and consistently receive compliments on my curls. While I do still try other products just to see how my hair responds, Aunt Jackie's Curl La La is a permanent product in my hair arsenal!!

It's snowing! Well, I had high hopes for this and I'm glad I only paid $6 for it. This stuff has a somewhat strong smell, but not as strong as Miss jessie's curly pudding. When I opened it and smelled it, I immediately thought it was a dupe of that horrendous product. I don't know why they would want to replicate that formula... Anyway, I put this on and my curls were not getting defined at all. As a matter of fact, it did NOT make my curls "pop"- or should I say they weren't clumped and smooth like how ECO Styler makes my curls (but that broke my hair off terribly). So, I decided to use a little bit of gel on the ends in the front of my hair and found some left over ECO in my cabinet. Big mistake. It just didn't mix well with this. I noticed on the other parts of my hair where I didn't use the ECO, my hair was frizzy and never defined at all. Also, my hair was snowing. There were small flakes everywhere, all over my face, my shirt, etc.- and it wasn't from the ECO because I used very little only on 2 small sections of my hair. This stuff is not good at all. It's better than Miss Jessie's but just as bad as As I Am Curling Jelly.

My hair is type 3 C. I love this combined with the other products. I use them all. I had not used silicones for years but this stuff is amazing!!! It works really well all together. Thank you, Aunt Jackie!!!!

I love this product. This is the first time that i have ever found a product that defined my curls without feeling crunchy or dry. The smell is not overbearing unlike other stuff that I have tried. this love this love this. Washes out just like a conditioner without your hair feeling dry . I definitely recommend Aunt Jackie's Curls La La

I really like all of these products! They work well together. I have fine, frizzy, coily hair and it seems like they lengthen the curls, but don't know if using them long term would cause build up, but have to say my hair looks really good! I use the shampoo once a week with the In Control, then Aunt Jackie detangler and curl la la. I have to put As I Am curl defining gel over it though for hold. During the week I use a nonsulfate cleansing cream like Curls and use the Aunt Jackie's detangler and curl la la/As I Am definer. So far so good! Didn't think I would ever want to use silicones again but this really helps my hair to be unfrizzy and curls elongated. I am trying to grow my hair out and it seems to be helping. I have also had my hairdresser cut my hair in sort of a shag and it looks better; not as much poof!

It does what it says. This is a good curl cream - I use it for twist-outs. I'm giving it 3 stars because I have better, more moisturizing creams that also smell better and are also available on the ground in my city. But don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT buy for the price! I would recommend to anyone who really liked the peachy smell, but I would not rebuy.

I really like this product with "Generic The Conditioner" as my leave in for a wash and go. Also I added my oil mix to my hair before I applied it.

I really like this product! The scent is really sweet. It actually makes me a little sick, but after using it for a few minutes, the smell isn't noticeable. My curls turned out nice, there were no flakes, and my hair isn't crunchy. I will advise that if you use too much product for one section, it will turn out a little hard. My hair is soft and manageable. I will definitely continue to use this product.

I bought this product based on the reviews on curlmart. I guess this is just an example of every product having a different effect on different people's hair. My hair is very fine and very coily, with a mixture all the type 4 curls and a few random straight strands. I used this twice. The first time, I didn't really notice anything special about the product (no especially defined curls, no sheen, no nothing). My hair looked the same as if I had not added any product at all. I used it a second time to give it another chance, this time being sure to use an oil with it to help keep my hair from drying out. When I rinsed the product from my hair this second time, the strands were all tangled together in knots and my conditioner wasn't enough to gently detangle. So, this one definitely wasn't for me and I won't be using it again.

Love this hair product . Deep conditioned with another product, rinsed and I added this to my damp hair. I smoothed it in in sections and then did a twist out. It comes out really soft when It dries. I might try it with gel on top to give it more hold and leave it less puffy. Some people like that look but I like more of a ringlet look so I need a bit more hold to achieve that. But it is full and thats a cute look too.

Love this!! Left my hair soft, defined and moisturized!

Love this product. curls last a long time. used with bantu knots. would recommend to others.

Great product left hair curly when I did the Bantu Knots, hair came out perfect.. curl s are still lasting after 3 days. Will purchase again and also recommend to others.

This stuff, is amazing! My hair has never been so moisturized and defined. My rough ends feel great! I'm a buyer for life!

I love that this is cheaper and a better product than Kinky Curly Custard plus it has more quantity in the product than Kinky Curly. I love the way it smells and the way it defines my curls. I can use it on my hair whether it is wet or dry to do a braid out. This product works on my hair and not every product works the same for every person. I definitely recommend this product because Kinky Curly Custard didn't stop frizz on my hair like it claimed to do.

this felt like conditioner in my hair! i'm used to curling custards kind of just glooping my hair together or going on rough or doing that clumping thing (and not in a good way) but this just went on very smooth and didn't feel like a "styler". defined my coils well. would recommend for a someone to give a try!

So this and the Detangler both have propylene glycol. Not an ingredient I'm a fan of. Other than it went on nice. I used my leave in conditioner and sealed with my oil mix and then applied this last, which I'm glad I did. Still a good product.

Wow! Got a sample of this to try and I wanted to hop online and purchase a full size tub right away!! I have TWA, about 3 inches where it's longest. First I tried the shampoo and conditioner, followed by the detangler from the same line. With my hair prepared, I styled my wash and go with this fabulous Curl LaLa Defining Curl Custard. Let me just say that I was shocked at how super coily and defined my hair got! I DO NOT have a very defined curl pattern, even if I use Kinky-Curly stuff, but the Curl LaLa did exactly what it said it would (which never really happens with my hair and curl defining products -- not this significantly). I could see and feel individual coils form as I smoothed and raked in into my hair. Really good stuff! My only complaint is that after using all the products my hair felt a little dry when it dried. I would say that's the fault of the conditioner or detangler that should have been more moisturizing.

Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, PPG-1, Trideceth-6, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit,Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil,Glycerin,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl Alcohol,Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Stearalkonium Chloride,d-Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Cinnamic alcohol,5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, 2-Methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, 2-Methyl
Ingredient Attributes: detangling