L`Oreal Paris EverCurl Sculpt & Hold Cream-Gel

5.1 fl oz | Styler

Product Rating: 3.26 Curls (Rated 3/5 based on 90 reviews) Login to add your review

This unique EverCurl Sculpt & Hold Cream-Gel combines the care of a rich hydrating cream that conditions, with a styling gel that shapes without weighing hair down. Ultimately, curls remain smooth and Read More...

Made my hair frizzy, did NOT wash out easily & took 25 minutes to comb out tangles, dried out my hair so badly that I had to do a deep conditioning as well, was afraid to try the shampoo and conditioner so I returned them. (I have thick/course 3a/b hair)

I love this product. Finally a gel that doesn't dry out my hair.

This is my go-to styler. It moisturizes my hair while also adding hold and it keeps my waves in check. Definitely keep in your arsenal!

My hair is 3a and this product worked okay. I applied several pumps to my hair after a shower. It has a weird feel to it. Very drying. Anyway, I scrunched my hair with this and then blow dried it with a diffuser. It does smell very good. Kind of like coconut. And the curls were amazing...for a little while. That's the main problem I have with this product. The curls looked good for a few hours and then suddenly they were frizzy and just odd looking. Not the worst thing I've ever used but will not repurchase.

I can think of nothing I liked about this product. It left my waves stringy, frizzy and weighed down. It left a heavy, waxy residue that was just...yuck. It never really formed a 'cast' around my waves, so they never formed correctly. In fact, it doesn't feel like a gel at all--more like a sculpting wax or cream. I'd only recommend this product if you don't need a hard-hold gel to form your curls, and don't mind a bit of build up. Otherwise, this is not for you.

I actually do enjoy this product. At first I didn't because my hair was waist-length long and didn't seem to get any results that would stand out. But when I got my new haircut just recently, that is now arm-pit length, I actually see what the description holds. My curls are so very soft! I love the smell of this product, though I can get a hold of what scent it is. For some reason, I keep thinking baby powder, but that's just me. xD My hair is a combo of 3B (bottom layer) and the rest 2C with a few 3B peeking out here and there. I have a long layer and then two layers overlapping that's long to my chin to give my top hair some extra volume. This really helps to maintain my volume. The only downside, and the reason why I didn't gave it one more curl, is because of how it leaves my scalp and top hair kind of greasy. Though, it's probably because I use the product close to my scalp. I've even noticed that on some products it does the same. Overall, I do quite enjoy this. I even use Curls goddess curl combined with it (use Curls first then EverCurl); that's just me. Hope this review helps others. :) (BTW, my hair is both thin: Overall and per hair piece)

I love this cream! The smell is amazing and I don't have to use a ton. Mixed with L'oreal's curl oil, my curls come out touchably soft and shiny. It's so hard to find a prodcut that doesn't make my natural thin curly hair cruchy but this product did the trick!

I really wanted to love this. But, it fell short of mye expections: Pros: The hold is great. I had nice curls for a few days The body and curl formation are incredible! I had big, bouncy curls. My coworkers noticed immediately how big my hair was when I first used this cream. The smell, love it! Cons: Build up! I don't wash/wet my hair every day so after a few days, the product began to develop a sticky residue. You couldn't SEE it but you can feel it. I had to use a sulfate shampoo to wash it out. I have to use a lot to get a good coating on my hair. My hair is fairly long and thick, so a dime size ain't gonna cut it! It's drying. Maybe it was the build up, but I felt like it dried my curls out. The build up issue is what turned me off a bit, I really wish that it was a little cleaner in the hair. I tried leaving conditioner under the hair to see if it will soften up the build up but maybe that made it worse? I haven't tried it without leave in yet. I'm afraid it will REALLY dry my hair out big time without it. Not sure if I'll repurchase. If it didn't have the build up and drying issues, this would be an awesome product.

My hair was flat AND puffy at the same time. Didn't provide great shine or curl definition. I really wish L'Oreal would stop changing product lines every six months.

I haven't tried this product without the Leave-in Conditioner, but it is WONDERFUL. As soon as I get out of the shower, I put the Leave-in in my hair, even before I dry it, then I squeeze dry my hair with a microfiber towel. Once my hair is just slightly damp, I put this in, one squirt at a time, making sure I get all parts of my hair and focusing on my ends. I have a HUGE head of hair that is very thick and gets very puffy, and this keeps the frizz down and makes my curls tighter and more defined. Of course, it isn't perfect, and my hair still frizzes on humid days, but just a couple spritzes of water and it's like new! Definitely use with the shampoo and conditioner from this line.

Let me start by saying this.. If you have thin hair and delicate curls or just want soft definition, this is the product for you! On the other hand, all the rest of us with a HUGE head of hair.. Not too impressed. It did not work for me. I have THICK and coarse hair that is long. LOVED the smell and loved how it applied! But I found myself applying SO MUCH and I never got the hold my thick hair needed! This creme established for me that I need much more hold than a creme! Luckily target let me return it even after I used practically half a bottle.. IN ONE USE. Fail. I looked like a poof ball.. Did make my hair very soft an fluffy and smell good! But it didn't matter because my hair was so puffy it was ridiculous (:

I really did like this creme when styling my hair but when it dried I found that I had hard pieces throughout my hair. I loved the smell. It is not offensive to me at all. I gave it three curls because it's just average nothing spectacular.

I did not like this much at all. It left my hair feeling dry and looked dull. It held for only part of the day and then it was droopy. So disappointed.

I absolutely LOVE this product! I have very very frizzy hair and this stuff was amazing for it. It adds great definition and controls my frizz. I do not get a crunch in my hair at all. All I use now is my Garnier serum and leave-in and this, and I am good to go! That sounds like a lot but I had been using serum, leave-in, curl cream, and a mixture of soft-hold gel and firm-hold gel. It is great and I definitely recommend it!

I love this product. The only drawback to the EverCurl Sculpt & Hold Cream is the fact that it leaves bad build up on my hair. My hair was noticeably softer and my coils felt like cotton. I did not like the white residue that it left on my hair, especially in my "bangs. Also, I have never seen my coils more defined ever. My hair was very coily and I liked that. I didn't retwist my hair after the first night, slept with a satin bonnet and my coils were still defined. I will definitely use again, but I will also dampen my hair with a spray bottle before I use the Sculpt & Hold Cream.

I actually really liked this product until I found out that is has silicone in it. Since I am trying to follow the CG method, this is not the product I am looking for. However, it did make my hair shiny and controlled frizz. My hair looked really good when I used it but since I am giving up Sulfate shampoos I know that this product will not work in the future.

sorry but i was not impressed with this product. it's full of silicones so i should have known my hair wouldn't like it since I get great results doing the CG method. I applied more product than the product suggested but it had no hold. My hair did look shiny and feel very soft and my waves were a bit defined but my hair still looked frizzy and very puffy which are my 2 greatest concerns I try to correct with products.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. The smell is incredible, it doesn't weigh down my waves, and keeps them smooth and hydrated. Very happy with this product!

Very messy! Also, it didn't hold my hair like I thought it would. It's good if you are just going to leave your hair down but as far as doing more complicated styles, it will not be a good match.

This cream was a bit sticky as mentioned. I used it in combination with the Evercurl Shampoo and Evercurl Conditioner. It was a fine cream but I think I prefer the leave-in styling cream to this instead. The Evercurl line can be a bit strong in smell for some but I did not mind it.

I really like the L'Oreal EverCurl line. The sculpt and hold gel creates soft curls. I mixed it with the cream in order to reduce the volume of hair. The combo works great for me.

It has a creamy but sticky consistency. This product did nothing for my hair except to dry it out. I even tried it to smooth my edges and after about 10 minutes they were dried out. I wanted to like this because of the cute packaging, but it was not good for my type 4A hair.

This is a great go-to for every day styling. On the days that I have used it there was very little (if any) crunch and I had well-defined happy moisturized curls. However, it has much less hold than my normal gels.

I found this product to be alright. i use many products so i have had better experiences, it look fine but i had an occasion when it flaked (big no no for me) and it did not really add any shine to my hair. I feel like it was an average product for me, nothing too special.

This product was great for my twists when I did them. At the end of the week, I took them out for a twistout and they were soft, fluffy, and defined. The only reason why it is not a 5 out of 5 is because it didn't do what it said it does which was to define curls. I didn't get any curl definition with this product, but I would use it again.

I can't believe this product has such bad reviews! I tried this out about a year ago when it was in testing stage and loved it even though I didn't know the brand! Now that it is out, I've tried it again (in place of my usual Deva gel) and maybe it is the switch between the products, but it gives me defined, soft curls and it smells amazing. Plus, I don't have to shake out the "crunch" like I do with Deva - it just looks natural and even in NYC when it is 27 degrees out, my hair looks like I just got back from the beach. I have type 2B hair, pretty thin, and color-processed. I'm sure all of this comes into play. I also used a pretty good amount of the product and it isn't weighing my hair down. Definitely a product I'll be using over and over. Side note: I also paired it with Redken's Curvaceous Wind Up Reactivating Spray, spraying it all over after I applied the product. My hair is soft, bouncy and frizz free (and I haven't had a haircut in months!)

So... This is the WORST product from the line ( I tried everything in the line besides the oil). I typically don't use gels for anything but a wash n go and when using this product, my hair was a poofy, frizzy mess. At first, my hair looked kind of cute, but then it look a turn for the worst. I used half the bottle in ONE application lol. It also stripped all the moisture from my hair and left my hair REALLY dry, This will never touch Sassy (my hair) again. It may work on looser curls or waves, but it was a no go for me.

A little bit of this goes a long way. I have type 4 hair and this is a really good definer with twist-outs when used with the other products in the line. It was different as I never used a gel like this before. I think this would also be my go to for my summer wash and gos.

I used this product jointly with the L`Oreal Paris EverCurl Hydracharge Leave-In Cream as part of a rollerset. My rollerset was soft, but my curls didn't have much hold at all, which was disappointing. Also, this product was very hard to evenly distribute throughout my hair. I spent a lot of time masaging the product into my hair because there was some visible residue. I mentioned in the review for the Leave-In-Cream that it may be best suited for daily styling , such as the Wash-N-Go. I feel that using this product with the Leave-In-Cream would be best as well.

Out of all of the products that I have tried thus far from the EverCurl line, I have to say that I highly disliked this product. I don't normally do wash-n-go's, I am a two strand twist girl! So I used this product in conjunction with the Leave-in and the second I put this product on my hair, it seemed to suck the moisture right out of it. It felt like I had put a product that was heavy in alcohol in my hair, like a typical mousse (though I know this product is said to be a cream-gel). It felt that way while my hair was both wet and after it had air dried. I was going to continue using the product on the rest of my twists but after the way my hair felt, I just couldn't. I have not tried this product for a wash-n-go as of yet but I don't know if I will.

When used along the Shampoo, Conditioner and leave-in conditioner from the same line, this gel adds the final touch for a perfect look. I am not exaggerating here. I was not expecting, but I have received dozens of compliments on my curls in the last week. I do work onstage as I am a musician ( www.sunsoforpheus.com ) and have felt the benefits already. I do wish that the company would make a 'plane travel kit' that we can take on board as I take short plane trips frequently.

I usually use a moose to enhance my curls and minimize frizz, so I was very curious as to what the results would be from this product. The first time I used the product, I used more than the recommended amount due to the length of my hair and the texture (course and thick). Even though I used more than the recommended amount, my hair didn't have a crunchy texture to it, which is a plus. However, the gel didn't seem to lock-in my curls and instead they were loose and stringy. Even though I diffused my hair on a cool setting my hair was still frizz in the end. As this is an anti-frizz and curl boosting product, my overall rating is a 2.

My hair is usually defined by heavy gels like eco styler. This is a light hold gel. Love the packaging but the product did not really define or hold definition of my type for hair. Also this gel was very drying even with the leave in by the same brand under it. I used this product as a styler to twist my hair. I untwisted my hair the next day for a twist out and the hair was not defined and it was very frizzy and dry feeling. The product did not do what it claimed for for my hair. Would not purchase this product for my type four hair even thought the container looks really cool :-) For me the package was the only good thing about this product.

Out of the EverCurl product line, this is my least favorite. I decided to use it in the morning after shampooing and conditioning my hair. I don't ever use gel on my hair, mostly because of how unnatural-looking most products seem to leave my hair. I was hoping this wouldn't be the case, but it turned out to be mostly what I was expecting. My waves were nicely defined, but still seemed kind of frizzy, and some waves looked hard and had a wet look to them. One positive is that the texture of the product wasn't unbearable, since it is a cream-gel. I've decided to give it another shot, but only if I decide to style my hair in a way that I would definitely have to use gel. I wouldn't purchase this product again for my hair, I much rather use the leave-in cream EverCurl offers.

I loved how this gel made my hair look the first day after taking it out of the twists, but I noticed that it left a lot of residue in my hair. I used this gel with the leave in conditioner so I am not sure if it is the gel or the conditioner that dried up my hair and left residue but I am assuming it is the gel. I really like the smell of the gel and really enjoyed the definition it gave my hair the first day of my twist out.

I used this product to do a braidout on my hair. I liked the smell of the product. Unfortunately, it dried my hair out even though I used the leave in underneath. Also, it left some type of residue on my hair. I had to use a clarifying shampoo in order for my hair to feel normal again. I was disappointed that it did not work for me.

he hole new Loreal evercurl line is my new favorite. The Gel is I hate to say my least favorite of the product line. It is a easy to use all in one product, but it doesn't seem to really have the hold I need for my wild curls all alone. But if you use it with the leave in conditioner it works really well. My curls are soft yet set and frizz free. Most products that work this well on my head and are all natural are expensive high end hair care. With this line everybody can have great hair!

Used the curl hold pump in the morning after shampooing and conditioning with the L'Oreal Pair EverCurl Hydrating line. I was shocked at how little I was told to use, but used 3 pumps to be safe. It was the perfect amount! I lightly dried my hair with an old t-shirt, and scrunged again with the t-shirt. It refined my curls all the way to the roots. I went over it with some of the EverCurl leave in cream just to keep the extra frizz out. It lasted through to the night, and I spritzed it a little with DevaCurl Mist-er Right just to give it some extra volume. I've since used the pump a few times and it works great, but I don't think I would use it more than twice a week.

This product did not work for my kinky hair at all!! It dried my hair out to the fullest and did not offer any frizzy control and had zero slip. My hair was full of flakes after using the cream-gel.

ok, i didn't care for this product at all. the consistency (gel like easily spreadable and not sticky going on) and scent were both nice. the gel itself left my hair feeling somewhat sticky after it dried and it left gunky residue on my hair. i tried using less and more and still got the same results. also tried with and without the leave in conditioner with same results. i tried, it failed!

The Cream-Gel was NOT ok for me... I had hight hopes due to it being a styler but unfortunately I was disappointed. It worked ok in my hair but NOT great. It left my hair dry, flaky, brittle and lacked moisture. The smell was pleasant but it lingered on my hair which is a "No-No" for me. Unfortunately, I will not consider repurchasing this product.

I love this Cream-Gel! It's the best product that I've ever used for my hair. It controls the frizz and holds the curl all day. It's not sticky and goes on smooth like a conditioner but has the effects of a mousse or gel. It took me a couple of days to figured out the right amount to use for my very thick hair, but now that I've figured it out, I have great results every day. A stylist came up to me yesterday, raved about my curls and asked what I used on my hair- I have never had a compliment like that before! This is a keeper!

Used it for a wash and go; went on nicely on my hair but dried dry dry dry! No definition, frizzy mess. Nope will not repurchase. Will try it for a twistout one day, see if it works better that way.

This was easy to apply and I had high hopes but it left my hair dry. There was no shine to my hair, felt like straw. Also left my hair a frizzy mess.

I have wavy hair, and this product gives my waves a nice natural definition that is soft to the touch. I can even run my fingers through it, and I don't have to use too much either! I did find it did not work so great on a recently rainy and humid day, but for the rest of the week it has worked great! I really love that it is sulfate free, and it has a nice scent that is not too overpowering.

This was a product I was hesitant to use....believe it or not, I prefer an alcohol free curling mousse for my Type 2C/3A hair. Regardless, I looked the other way all week and used this as my only styling product. I varied the amount used and in the end had to use 8 or so pumps to get some consistency in my curls. I did NOT manage my frizz at all and even on the days that I only used 2-4 pumps of product, my hair felt waxy. I will probably use it in combination with a mousse as over the years, that's what works best for my hair :)

This was no bueno for me (kind of a shocker after seeing that it made the editor's choice list). After washing with the Cleansing Conditioner from this line (which I loved), I parted my hair into four sections (forehead to nape and ear to ear) and applied about 2 pumps to each section, making sure to coat it evenly from roots to ends. I also applied about a pumps worth to smooth back my hairline and in my "kitchen." When all was said and done (aka: when my hair dried), it was full of frizz, there were areas where there was no discernible curl pattern, and the shrinkage was unbelievable! So between the leave in cream and this-I would definitely stick with the leave in. This was basically a dud for me. I will try it on my daughters though, and perhaps for myself to smooth back up do's, but DEFINITELY not for wash and go's!

I was surprised at how soft my hair felt after using this product! I'm used to products weighing my curls down and leaving a crunch. I applied the product on wet hair from the bottom up. But will still need to find a way to tame the frizz around my scalp.

Hey guys! This is Teaundra from youtube...so I used this gel as a wash and go and was like eh....it was just ok for me it gave me some good definition but my hair did not feel very moisturizing to my hair. I do like the swirl effect of the gel...make it very interesting to the eyes, but I have definitely come across better gels. The gel left a slight stiffness to my hair but it was not crunchy.

This is the best cream gel that I have tried especially of the swirly variety. It does exactly what it says which is define curls without the crunch. I used the leave in cream on my wet hair then used the sculpt and hold cream-gel once my hair was damp. My hair felt extremely soft yet my curls were still together without much frizz. I get compliments when I use this product as well =)

I think this whole product would be great for people with 3a-4a hair. For me though, the gel just made my hair feel crunchy and I didn't even use a lot. I'll give it to my 3C friends.

I had to use about 3/4 pump on my shoulder-length waves and loose curls. If I used a full pump, the definition was too skinny and dissolved into frizz shortly after midday. If I used a half pump, there wasn't enough hold and the definition was lacking and fluffy. That precise amount seemed to be the key, but it was difficult to nail it every time. When I got the amount right and distributed it throughout my curls well, I had good definition and curl encouragement.

My curls loved this whole product line. I haven't seen a curl in my hair like this in a while. I used this product right after the leave-in conditioner about 2 pumps and it was enough. I let my hair air dry. My curls were shiny, frizz free, and had beautiful texture. Also, on second day I didn't need to use anything to refresh it. Great stuff!

first of all, the cream gel gave me good curl definition. i did not like that it dried my hair out. my hair felt sticky, and my hair did not look or feel moisturized. overall i did not like it.

I like how light this product is, and the definition it gave to my curls! It did a great job really bringing them out. The only issue I had was that it did nothing at all for my frizz. It might've tamed it a little bit, but I still had a lot. It would be good combined with an anti-frizz product, or if you don't have a problem with frizz at all!

I have to admit I first and foremost fell for the swirly packaging with this one, but the formula definitely delivered. I liked using it on my ends for definition and moisture. I'm starting to really like cream-gels now and this is one of my favorites.

I liked this stuff because it wasn't greasy and didn't leave a gel-like residue on my hair or fingers when I put it in. However, that being said, it didn't really hold the way that my curls need. I didn't notice much of a difference when I used this product versus when I didn't. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone whose curls need more definition than conditioner provides.

I really liked how light this product was. It was not not greasy at all and smells great. I rated a 3 only because as the day went on, my hair seemed to get frizzier.

Great stuff! I have to use a lot to hold; 3 pumps for the back & 2 for each side. It leaves hair with a nice soft hold, not hard and crunchy. Lasts all day, too!

This is my new Holy Grail! It's so hard for me to find a product that gives curl formation and volume without crunch, and this one does it. It also seems to add volume at the roots, which is VERY challenging for me. It helps that I can just go to my local Target and buy it. I was very, very pleasantly surprised!!!!

I like the medium hold of the product. My hair is fine and when it gets crispy you can sometimes see my scalp. not a good look. However, for some reason (and I don't know why), this cream takes almost too much body out of my hair and leaves it a bit limp on top. Usually I have a problem with my hair sticking straight up (with plenty of frizz). Maybe I've been using too much? Still, I like the price. Finally, does anybody else have a problem with the packaging? Once I got over the gee-wiz, how'd-they-do-those-ribbons-of-product!? I realized that between those ribbons is air. I'd rather have a full bottle! Sneaky L'Oréal. I'm taking half a star off for this. I will say that I've used this whole line. The shampoo and conditioner are VERY good.

So, I was very excited about this product. Loved the way it looks in the bottle (the twisting effect). To my utter dismay, this product was an utter fail for my hair. The consistency reminded me of Vaseline. I used it for a wash n go so I applied the gel in sections and as I put it on each section it was as if I had not put anything on the section at all. It defined the finer/silkier parts of my hair but that is only a small portion of my hair. After I finished my whole head, my hair looked as if I didn't have product on, very little definition and felt dry. I ended up washing it out and doing my hair all over.

I love this product! Whether I let air dry or use a diffuser to dry, this turns my loose waves to very defined curls and holds extremely well. I actually had several people ask me if I got a perm after starting to use this. I have tried other brands' cream gel products, but found them too heavy and they just weighed my hair down. The EverCurl, however, is very light and soft and works extremely well on my very fine hair.

I really wanted to love this cream-gel because although I had amazing curl formation, this product didn't provide enough hold for me. Also, my hair looked incredibly dry and a bit frizzy in the crown. On the plus side, it took my hair a lot less time to air-dry. While it normally takes me about 4 hours to air-dry my hair, with this product my hair was dry in slightly over an hour. I just couldn't get past the dryness, though. Even my husband noticed it. I'll have to pass on this one, which is sad because I really dislike walking around all morning with wet hair.

I have type 2b or 2c hair, depending on the humidity. I love the EverCurl line, especially the shampoo and conditioner. The sculpt and hold cream-gel leaves my hair soft and with well-defined curls, but only if I use a mousse product underneath it. My hair is very fine, and this product on its own does not add enough body; without the mousse, my hair had nice wave definition but was limp and lifeless. But, with the mousse as a base, this product rocks. I have a lot of trouble keeping my hair from being dry and tangly, and this cream-gel works!

I liked the hold cream because it kept my hair hydrated, but I would probably only use this product on the weekends when I have time to let my hair air dry. I normally diffuse my hair mostly dry before heading to work. My curls looked great when still wet, but as it dried it did get a little frizzy and I had to put up my hair to tame it. The results may have better if it wasn't so humid in Houston!

Used with the hydracharge leave-in i got a nice twist out. My hair was soft but not greasy, it gave decent hold and my edges lay flat for a day or two.

This has a medium hold and left my hair a little dry

I've been using the whole EverCurl product like for about two weeks now, and I have to say that it has been the least impressive out of the whole line. I was expecting a thicker substance that gave more hold to my hair. I like the fact that it's a combination of a gel and cream so I don't have to use so many products, but it requires me to use a lot each day! I noticed this morning that I'm already almost out of it! The pump itself doesn't give you much with one pump, so I use about 7-8 and still follow it with hairspray. I can never leave the house without hairspray! I'm wondering if this line carries a sulfate-free hairspray too. I'd be interested in that!

I used this product as a all day styler with a firm hold spray. My waves stayed perky all day. I like the scent and the cream gel was not oily or sticky.

Very nice cream for softness and bouncy hair! I don't find it to have as much hold as I like, and it isn't completely effective at preventing frizz (what is?), however, it doesn't get crunchy or sticky at all, and it can even be reapplied as a refresher on dry hair. Definitely a worthy purchase for me.

All three times that I have used it, I have allowed my hair to air dry. The gel worked well in my hair, I did as the instructions suggested and started from tip to top. The first time the product seemed to weigh down my hair but that is probably because I have very thin hair. the next time, I used a little less and only coated the bottom half of my hair with just a little on the top and that seemed to work better. My curls looked great, together in its coil. My only complaint is that next day hair does not look good and I haven't figured out how to make it look good without another shower.

Overall I did like this product, but I did notice my scalp felt itchy throughout the day. I like that this doesn't leave a crunchy hold and retains the moisture in your hair. There is some hold, but not a strong hold. I noticed a bit of residue on my hair and I would say my hair was about 95% dry. The texture is different from most gels a bit creamier but I did use it to style my hair for a twist out and I got some curl definition but not more than I am used to without gel.

Loved it, met all expectations, gives wonderful hold and curls

Loved it, met all expectations, gives wonderful hold and curls

I tried this product a few days ago, and was excited, as I haven't tried a complete drug store line in a long time! However, this gel was a no go for me. I could tell when I applied it that my hair was not going to like it. I had used the EverCurl leave in, and my hair felt very soft. As I was applying the gel, my hair began to feel not as soft, and was no longer smooth. In addition, the product did not feel as if it was going to give me the hold that I needed, as it was not really clumping my curls together. When my hair was fully coated with the gel, I had curl definition, but my hair was already a bit big...When my hair dried, my hair was HUGE, felt dry, and had little to no definition. My hair looked as if I had not used any gel at all. I will not be using this gel again, as I just don't think this gel is for women with thick hair, or kinky hair like mine.

This hair gel pleasantly surprised me, and I love that the packaging portrays a curl pattern. I usually use a mouse, but I knew it was time to try something different and affordable. This gel works great with the rest of the EverCurl Loreal product line. I still have a little bit of frizz, but my curls are much more defined and feel so much softer! My only complaint is that my hair doesn't look nearly as good on the second day as the first. I noticed the curls separate and I frizz out a bit. It helped to reactivate the product with a bit of water.

I needed about 4 pumps of this product to cover my APL length hair. It dried soft with no crunch for me. I also got no hold, no definition to my curls. Looked like each strand of hair was curling on its own, separated on its own with no clumping. This was not a good try for me. My hair looked so bad that I had to wear it up in a bun to the office. I still had crown frizz so had to apply some aloe vera gel to help smooth it. Still didn't look great. I will give this product another try, but on a day that I am staying at home since it let me down the first time. I will try to edit this post if my opinion improves with the next few tries.

My ten year old used this product last night with the Leave-In Cream. After washing with the Hydracharge shampoo and conditioner, we detangled and scrunched her hair and applied a small amount of leave-in cream to her ends, which tend to be drier and frizzier than the rest of her hair. We then applied the Sculpt and Hold creme gel from the ends to about ear height, plus a little dab on her bangs. We used a diffuser on her roots only and let the rest air dry. We were both really impressed with the softness and the curl definition. Usually, her hair is super curly on its own except for the top layers and and her bangs. I have straight hair and caring for her curly hair has been learning process for me, but I think those areas just get drier than the under layers do. And since they are dry, they don't curl as well. She's only 10, so we'll often just pull the flatter areas back with barrettes or braids. But sometimes she wants to wear her hair down, and then I will curl the flatter pieces with a curling iron to get them to match the rest of her hair. This was the first time I didn't have to do that. The top layers and bangs were as curly and springy as everything else and I didn't have to do anything special to them. Pretty impressive. They looked shiny and defined and I was shocked that they weren't hard and crunchy, but soft to the touch. My daughter is very happy with her bouncier curls. She couldn't wait to go to school this morning to show them off!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! I get lots of volume, great curl formation and NO crunch. I was skeptical, but have won me over.

The smell was much better than other L’Oreal products. The creamy texture was good as well as the clumping power. The downside was that it did not have enough hold for me. My hair was more fluffy than curly. It was a good fluffy with lots of volume and no crunch. I just wished it offered more curl defining power for my lazy curls. I think if my hair was curlier it would have worked much better.

The smell was Great. I liked that it was not crunchy. However, it didn’t give much hold to my waves.

consistency: it's more gel than cream. as opposed to some other new stylers that are more cream than gel. just fyi. it worked well, didn't flake or make my hair hard and had enough staying power. since it's slightly creamy, i didn't feel the need to seal with an oil or finishing pomade or anything like that. Pretty good! considering i'm not a fan of gels overall :)

Good product! Really nice smell and texture. I love that there was no crunch at all, and also no frizz. But I do wish there was more holding power. My hair wasn’t as curly as it can be!

I love love love the smell of this product! It not only conditioned my hair, but gave my waves fullness and texture.

Love the packaging, first of all, so fun! I really liked this cream-gel. I'm always trying to find a product that isn't so heavy, but still creamy. This was a great balance.

Very nice on dry hair to prep for twists/braids. It actually helped detangle my dry hair so I didn’t need water or other products. A little sticky if you use too much, but dries just fine. I ended up with a nicely defined, soft and moisturized twist out (my best one since my last big chop!) after using only the cream-gel.

LOVE this! I used it twice and got similar results both times - lots of volume, no crunch, good curl definition. Definitely goes into my Holy Grail category.

Really like this product. I used it mainly on my ends to help lock in more moisture and seal and it did the job. My ends stayed perfect all day and have also improved in health over time - I have less split ends than before. I think this product provides the right amount of hold and gives lots of definition.

Aqua / Water / Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-69, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Hibiscus Esculentus / Hibiscus Esculentus Seed Extract, Alcohol Denat., Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 20, Chlorphenesin, Polysorbate 80, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Panthenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Isohexadecane, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Parfum / Fragrance, Carbomer, Disodium Edta, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil / Grape Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil / Orange Peel Oil, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal
Ingredient Attributes: