frizz control anti-humectant

Eden Body Works Coconut Shea Curl Defining Crème

16 oz | Styler

Product Rating: 4.15 Curls (Rated 4/5 based on 34 reviews) Login to add your review

(Medium Hold) Humidity-resistant formulation to define and separate curls and waves. This product infuses moisture to strengthen hair, provides frizz control, and optimizes style definition.

I haven't tried using this for twist outs but it does leave my twists soft, even though my hair is never hard anyway. Definitely does not work as the primary styler for my wash n go nor does it mix well with my staple Argan Oil Eco Styler gel. Probably won't repurchase.

My 3C hair absolutely loves this stuff!! I co-wash my hair, put this on small sections along with EVOO/Almond Oil mix to seal and I'm done! And this is great to detangle my hair and for twist-outs. ENJOY

I'm officially using this for twistouts and wash'n'gos ... this works perfectly for my 4a hair. It keeps my hair deeply moisturized and stretched in the summer heat. I add a little to my dry strands and the curls begin to define right before my eyes. I'm in love!

I like this product. I don't use it for twistouts so I can't really say if it truly gives a lot of definition but I use it for twists and it leaves my hair soft and manageble. I also like the fact that is doesn't leave any residue. If I knew how it worked for twistouts I would give it more stars but just for hair manageability and moisturizing I give it four stars.

This stuff is TheBomb.com! At least for my hair it is. The first time I used it my hair loved it and I plan to continue to incorporate this in my hair reggie. It leaves my hair so soft, shiny and yes, it definitely defines my curls. I use a mixture oil to seal and go. I love the texture of this product and how it melts into my sometimes thirsty strands. It's great for frizz control which I love because my hair definitely gets super frizzy especially in this humid weather in the DMV. Smells great too! Just an overall awesome product :)

This product is not good when I use it for styling. My hair is easily weighed and and fine, so it left me with white residue and easily built up on my hair. I do like it for softening my hair though, before I add gel to my hair to smooth it into a ponytail with a boar bristle brush. It works excellently.

Love it..I use it with the Eden souffle pudding when doing twist or braid outs and my hair loves, loves, loves it. No frizz, great definition and my hair does not feel or look dry at all. I am in the transitioning phase (6 months) so you can really see the two different textures in my hair, but this product really blends in those two textures. Other products I tried you could tell the difference in the two textures and not much curl definition. Love this product...will stock up on it. Thanks CurlMart!!!!!!

Great for second and 3rd day hair refreshing. Smells like the organix coconut conditioner. I loved the smell at first but it is so strong it would not go away. I smelled it all day and it annoyed me.. It has a creamy texture and moisturizes really well. I'm not ready to give up my olive oil eco styler yet because it has a better hold. I can see this being good for people who do braid outs and bantu knots.

I don't like to write reviews but I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! Left my hair really soft and shine. I did the LOC process (Leave in, Oil, Cream) and it works for me. Before I was using Motion Naturally You products but I think I'll never gonna used them again. (3c-4a curls)

I love the smell, texture, and natural ingredients. I usually apply this to dry hair or after I spritz with a little water. It defines my 3b/c curls without leaving any residue or build up. Good hold, frizz control, and moisture. It also stands up well in heat. I took a star away because the moisture does not last for more than 3 hours.

This was the first product that I purchased when transitioning. It made my "still relaxed" hair blend very well, I had to learn HOW MUCH of it to use, very easy to get product build up and that sticky, GREASY FEELING...One I figured out that WITH MY HAIR... LESS is MORE, I was good to go.... Like this product.... it is still one of my GO TO PRODUCTS.... love the scent... Good price....

I really wanted to like this product. I love how it makes my hair look when I do twists. However, I think I am allergic to it. I noticed that my face broke out when I touched my face and neck area after applying it.

This product does a good job of holding my curls without feeling too product-y. I feel like it's lacking in moisture, though, because my hair does feel a bit dry after use, but it's better than the result I get with gel. It's has a very strong artificial coconut scent, and it does last quite some time. I like the smell, but I could see how it could bee irritating or troublesome for others. I wish this product had more moisture and slip, but it holds up decently against the humidity. The trick is in using the perfect amount. (3A/3B combo)

Love Love Love! I use it to untwist my two strand twists. It leaves my hair soft but not greasy. The smell is nice in the jar but when you put in on it loses it smell.

This has become one of my go-to products. I love the shine and definition and my hair lasts into the week with this product. I'm a coconut fan, so the smell is great for me. No complaints. I've bought many jars of this.

I can't stand the smell, it doesn't smell like coconuts. It smells like a horrible wannabe coconut flavored candy. It's disgustingly sweet. The smell doesn't hang around to long but I only put it on a small section of my hair to try it out and after a few sniffs it was too much. Even the nasty coconut smell from the organix keratin treatment smelt better and that was loaded with toxic chemicals. It did make that part of my hair super soft, which was great. My hair seems to usually be dry. I think I would have come to love this product if I could tolerate the stench. But even with how soft it mad my hair I got almost no definition. My ends curled up nicely but the rest of my hair turned into a puff ball faster than letting it dry with just water. I don't think I cave it a fare chance, though. I had too much product on my hair. I wanted to use it for a wash n go, but the smell makes me feel sick so it's going back to the store before I even really use it. Luckily I didn't dig into it.

Great smelling product. My curls were soft and manageable. but it my head would itch if i didn't wash my hair every day and i noticed some build up.

I bought this from walmart.... I FREAKING LOVE IT! My second day hair looks awesome. I personally never like my first day hair. My hair has a tendency to stretch out on its own the second day. ANYWAY! It smells so yummy. It left my hair soft and touchable. I didn't notice any residue which is a plus. IF you do not like your hair to have a scent don't worry the fragrance isn't pungent and does not last a long time. I used it on its own after I washed it which isn't something I normally do. My hair was fine with just this. To refresh I just spritzed my hair and applied more product. Its not a bad price plus its 16 oz which is sure to last me more than one month.

This is the best curl creme hands down. I have tried everthing else in the curl enhancing market and nothing has worked like this. Very thick and not runny....gives awesome curl definition without weighing down hair, being sticky, heavy, or hardening hair. Great smell!!!! Great price... eee excellent twist outs with defined, soft curls with NO frizz! Try it! You won't be disappointed.

i LOOOOVE this stuff. It smells wonderful and is very creamy in texture. It has excellent hold, too, without being too crunchy. It's perfect for moisturizing in this dry weather.

One of my "Go To" limes. All of their products work well in my hair. Good hold, Good smell and I love the prices.

Together i bought the EBW cowash, leave-in conditioner, monioi deep conditioner, and the curl defining creme. I instantly fell in love with the other products but couldn't quite figure this one out so i put it away for a bit. I am SO glad i didn't give this away or through it out because after giving it a second chance i am in LOVE. I can't stop touching my hair! Majority of the time I do wash and go's and I've learned that in order to use this product as the styler it works best when I apply to really really wet hair. I apply the leave in first and this right on top. This is also great for a twist out if you want defined curls but with a fuller look. FIVE STARS for the whole line.

I first saw this product at walmart and thought about getting it then, but decided against it. I finally got around to buying it and I must say I'm in love with it and can't wait to try the rest of the line. My hair type is a mixture of 3c,4a and 4b I used it for my twist out and my hair was super defined, shiny and soft. I didn't have to use any gel or any other products with this which was awesome because I usually mix products to get the desired results. My twist outs last through humid weather and stays soft and bouncy. I hadn't used gel for a twist out in a while, but I decided to see how well it worked with my eco styler gel and the results were also amazing. I'm so excited. I'm usually a shea moisture lover and have been since I first went natural, but this product may be taking it's place.

I love this product line. I've used the monoi deep conditioner,the leave in conditioner and the coconut shea co-wash. They have all have become my go to products. Obviously there are a lot of great products on the market now,but for the price and results this product line is wonderful. I was curious about the curl defining cream.( I "use to be" an avid Miss Jesse's user). However after using this curl cream I am converted. I have type 4 kinky hair. I used this cream in conjunction with the co-wash and leave in. My twist outs 'are' well defined,moisturized and shiny. I wish it had a stronger hold. Thus only 4 stars. I do love this product.

I'm really not feeling this product. It dries my hair out everytime I use it. But, it somewhat gives me definition. Just not that much. I would give this 2 stars. Crappy product.

How I used it? Wash n Go I gave this product 2 stars because it doesn't allow any hang time and it doesn't have enough slip. However, it gets 3 stars for moisture, price for amount you get, and accessibility; I was heavy handed and I still had a lot leftover. For me this product would make a great twist or braid out cream. Would I buy it again? On two conditions: When I run out of Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie & More Slip (you can never have enough slip) Needless to say I returned mine to Sally's Beauty's Supply Store.

This is a nice product. Has a light coconut smell like the rest of the line. It's great for twistouts, but I wouldn't expect it to define curls...I haven't used it on a wash and go, but the ingredients list doesn't suggest that it would be a good curl definer. I put a little on a section of wet hair to test it and I was right--no definition. Twist out/bantu knots, yes. Wash & go, no.

I really liked this product. Used this for a twist out. My frizzy curls stayed moisturized, well defined, and soft for the entire week. My curls weren't left greasy either, which is definitely a plus because most hold products have that effect on my very fine strands.The smell was a bit heavy at first, but became pleasant after it began to dissolve in my hair a bit. Would definitely recommend.

I absolutely LOVE this product!!! It gives me the best definition for my twist-outs, and because it is so humid here in Baltimore, the humidity resistant formula helps to keep my hair tamed and not swell up into a big frizzy mess. It also has a wonderful light coconut smell, it's thick and creamy. Awww I love it!!!

Very thick and dense...little goes a long way...smooths on easy for twistout

Cleanses with out stripping, smells good, economical, detangles hair easily, staple!!!......Love it

I recently found this in Walmart and decided I might as well try it out. I moved from NE to TX so the weather change plus the almost constant frizz from the humidity had left me a bit desperate. The formula is very thick so for me, it will last a long time, making it a bargain at just nine dollars. I have low/medium porosity fine hair too, if that helps anyone. This is very moisturizing. It give me some definition but it's kind of a softer definition versus what you would get from a gel. It also is excellent at helping me to stop my hair from frizzing up. Definitely worth a try. Also, I thought I had smelled coconut when I first opened it but after the second time, it isn't really there, making it almost scent-free. Excellent if you have a good smelling product you want to shine through more.

Type 4 b-c hair: I don't usually depend on curl defining creams for twist/braid-out definition, but I figured why not step out the box and see about EDEN's defining cream. The consistency of this product reminds me of cake icing - which is perfect. It seems as though most curl defining creams tend to cater to looser curl paterns (just being honest), so the fact that this curl defining cream is thicker is great. It didn't take long to dry, and in fact I actually achieved one my best twist-outs with this curl defining cream! My hair had a nice sheen as well. If you tend to use heavy creams & butters during the colder months for definition, yet you want something lighter to use for the warmer months, this curl defining cream could be something to look into. The only thing my hair didn't respond well to what I guess the moisture imbalance. Basically my hair didn't feel as moisturized as I'm used to. Don't get me wrong, my hair certainly didn't feel crunchy like I'd just used Eco Styler gel, but it didn't feel buttery soft & lush either - even with the EDEN Body Works Pudding Souffle` underneath the curl defining cream. I think this happened because my hair (I'm realizing now) can't take too much coconut oil. But nonetheless, this curl defining cream DID give me great results as far as definition goes; so much so that one of my family members complimented me on the style. We all know that compliments don't come easy...not that we NEED them, but just saying...lol. Days when I want a BANGIN' twist/braid - out, I'll use this product though I'll have to play around with some other moisturizers underneath, which isn't a problem at all.

So I tried this in conjunction with the leave in conditioner. When I first opened the jar, I did not like the scent. It did not smell anything like coconuts or even close to it. That really killed it for me. I will say though that it was very moisturizing, great slip and a little goes a long way. Great price for the amount you get. My biggest let down was the scent and it left my hair looking limp. I did a twist out, and it gave no definition at all. They were soft, but no definition. Just limp lifeless hair.

Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil , Vegetable Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Butryospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetyl Esters, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Steareth-20, Polyquaternium-7, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Milk, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Lactobacillus/Tomato Fruit Ferment Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Keratin Amino Acids, Acyl Coenzyme A Desaturase, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol
Ingredient Attributes: frizz control, anti-humectant