frizz control

Jessicurl Awe Inspiraling Spray

8 oz/236.6 ml | Styler, Second Day Styler, Refresher

Product Rating: 3.44 Curls (Rated 3/5 based on 61 reviews) Login to add your review

A natural, mid-day spray designed to add oomph to droopy curls. Gives curls a boost when they need a little help making it through. Also good to use on bed head or after a workout.

A good refresher for 2nd and 3rd day hair. It doesn't control frizz or add moisture, but if you are looking to 'wake up' your curls then it works well. It does have glycerin so I only use this during the spring and fall (Mop Top Refresher is glycerin free for summer / winter).

Never undestood the sprays, does not seem to do anything against my frizz.

I recently switched to the Jessicurl Confident Coils for the summer to fight the frizz, but even that isn't enough with super humid Ohio summer air, so this spray has helped calm down the midday/evening frizzies when I'm freshening up to go out.

Unfortunately, this was frizz in a bottle when used as 2nd dsy hair refresher. Hoping for better luck when I use it as a pony poof styler, when I'm actually looking for frizz.

I have just past shoulder length hair, fine, bleach blond, mix of 2b-3a curls, Not too sure about this product, sometimes my curls look more frizzy after use with no improvement in curl pattern, other times it doesn't look worse, but it doesn't look better either. Gonna try it in combination with other products besides what I originally used with it (confident coils & gelebration spray) I gave 2stars at the potential possibility that it may give better results when used with more moiturising products in my hair.

Great refresher! Definitely makes 2nd and 3rd day hair possible. This adds bounce to my curls without an oily or heavy product feel. LOVE

The only thing it did was making my hair very frizzy. Scrunching some water in my hair and/or hair milk (bee mine hair milk or oyin handmade hair dew) works much and much better for me! I think it could be a good product for wavy types tough...

I love the way this refreshes my wavy-slightly curly hair midday, evening, or day 2 & 3 no-poo days. It actually helps define my waves into lightly spiraled curls in places and never feels like it causes build up. I am using no fragrance only because I don't want my curls to have a different fragrance than my body lotion and I'm not sure how intense the fragrances are, but I love both scent selections in the sample of scents received with my order.

Very nice spray; really nothing can make second-day hair happen for me, but this helps out with both limpness and frizz when I do a mid-day touch-up. Also, I love the Citrus Lavender scent! I would definitely purchase again.

They describe this as a mid-day refresher but it is the best second day hair refresher I've tried. In fact when I use this product I routinely get to 3 days. Love the island fantasy scent that makes my hair smell great all day.

This stuff is AWESOME. It's the only 2nd day spray I've used that actually helps my hair. On 2nd day hair I'll spray this all over, then use either the oil blend or a butter, and then some gelebration spray if I need extra control. Did I mention that this leaves my hair smelling luscious all day?

I love this for adding a little extra hold and oomph sprayed on my damp 3a/b hair, as it air-dries. It works as a great refresher on dry hair as well, but it doesn't make curls "spring" for me as much as my other favorites: Mist-er Right, and Curl Fuel. Actually, Awe Inspiraling Spray feels like a combo of both of these. It adds definition, and bounce like Curl Fuel, and it moisturizes and removes frizz like Mist-er Right. Awe Inspiraling Spray never feels like a coating on my hair, and it gives me better shine than I've ever had. I use the Citrus Lavender scent and I love, love it. This is one of my favorite products!

really love this

I used this spray according to the directions and it SUCKED!! Several tries later I decided to use it while my hair was still wet and I LOVED the results!! I use their whole line of products and applied it after using my Rocking Ringlets and Confident Coils. My curls were more defined than usual. And just think...a sista was 'bout ready to trash this product! lol

Did absolutely nothing for my hair. Tried it several different ways and no luck. Oh well.

I use this spray as a refreshing moisturizer. I'm oil sensitive so I like water on my scalp and this does the trick also great to wet the hair a little on dry hair for braids/twists...................Island Fantasy whoo love the smell!

I have used this to calm frizzies on 2nd day hair (okay) and as a last styling step to counteract dryness/crunchiness from styling gel (okay). It doesn't seem to do much, but too much can make hair look/feel greasy and stringy. The best part about it is the awesome citrus lavendar scent. Too expensive for what it does (or doesn't do), so I probably won't buy this again.

This product does absolutely nothing for my hair.

I LOVE THIS! I have 3a curls with big bouncy ringlets on the bottom and waves on top and this is just PERFECT for those days that you just do not want to wash your hair. AMAZING! It's like my curls were re-born!

I love this spray! It works great as a mid day curls pick up and it is moisturizing and helps my curls pop back up when they start drooping. This is a must have in my purse!

This is a great product to boost curls, but a little goes a long way! It's easy to get carried away, but to much made my hair very dry. I like to use this in conjunction with JC Gelebration spray.

I liked the fact that this product didn't make my hair crunchy or sticky. I liked the natural feeling of my hair and it added a lot of bounce. It was super quick and easy and my hair looked great afterwards and really fresh!

I really tried to like this, but after trying multiple times this just does not work on my 2c-3a curls as a 2nd day refresher. Most of the time I just get dampened hair with no re-clumping or curl revival, and if I put too much (easy to do since I've been trying to get it to work) I just get producty hair - still with no revived curls. I've had better results with other 2nd day sprays.

I love this product. I bought a styling trial pack from Jessicurl. While I'm still figure out the best combo of the three other items, I must say this product does exactly what it says. I brought it work, sprayed it on and holy cow, my hair is awesome. To help others my hair is fine and dry, so I'm don't know how it would work for folks with thicker or oilier hair.

definitely a product for those with loose curls. I knew this before even trying it (people with 4b hair have curls so small/tight you can't SEE them, let alone see them "droop") I imagine it's amazing for y'all with looser hair. Just not for me. it's not bad, because it's basically just spraying liquid onto my hair (i DO love veggie glycerin though!) but just so ladies out there with similar hair to mine know what's up :)

I have fine, wavy hair, but lots of it. It is not naturally dry at all, and my scalp tends to be more toward the oily side. Awe Inspiraling Spray didn't do anything good for my hair. I have much better luck using my homemade lavender water spray (recipe from the Curly Girl book) for touch-ups later in the day if needed. The Awe-Insp. Spray actually made my hair look slightly greasy (yuck) and did not do anything for helping to reform curl or freshen it. A big waste of money. By the way, I've used all the Jessicurl products in the unscented versions, and even though each has its own very light natural smell from the ingredients in it, I do appreciate the opportunity to be able to purchase products without strong scent!

This product didn't work for me.

Nice sent and a great pick me up for late in the day!

Jessicurl, thank you for being there for me when i'm looking stringy or blah and need a pick-me-up. Thank you for leaving my hair soft and shiny. And most of all, Jessicurl, thank you for bringing out the best in my long 2A waves. With you I'm the most I can be and never dry and icky. I love you.

This is a great mid-day curl refresher. Really re-forms and re-defines wayward ringlets.

This is by far the best product in the JessiCurl trial kit that I just got. It really works wonders on dry hair to revive the curls, and doesn't leave them crunchy or sticky at all! (Note: I find the Lavender scent of their products awful, but the Island Fantasy is great.)

No definition, no shine, did nothing positive for my curls. Seems like little more than scented water, not at all worth the price. Would not buy again.

This product smelled yummy, but it didn't do a whole lot for my curls. I found that it helped calm the frizz of 2nd day hair just a little. It sounded like a good idea, but it just wasn't what my hair needed.

Seems to reduce frizz but feels sticky and stiff when it drys.

Great for those emergency bad hair moments at work or on while your running errands. It is the perfect curl pick me up!

This is the BEST curl reviver for 2nd day, 3rd day hair.I've been carrying a very small spray bottle I saved from some sample I received once, so it hardly takes up any room in my purse. Using this when I'm not home to revive droopy curls is terrific. Believe me, I have spent more money and just thrown away so many so-called curl revivers that don't really do anything. My hair does NOT get crunchy from this, and I won't need to try anything else anymore. My holy grail!!

great spray for any season - it gives me a good quick fix with no residue and has a great scent! (if you get the scented version!)... works great with other products too!

I like this on crazy days when I don't have time to wet my hair... makes it look like I made some effort when I don't have time for it!

I havent used this but I got it for my mother and she adores it! It does a lot for her curls and she gets a lot of compliments when she uses it.

I couldn't live without this product as a curl reviver. Spray it on dry hair and scrunch and you're set to go.

This stuff is heavenly. I took the bottle with me to work, and sprayed it onto my hands and scrunched into my hair when it was getting a bit flat. It perked up the curl and made my hair unbelievably soft. It didn't give much hold, but I wasn't expecting hold. I love it!

It really picks my curls up after a long day & makes them bouncy again.

This product did nothing for my hair at all. I have thick 3a hair. I tried this all different ways: different amounts, on its own, with other Jessicurl styling products, on wet hair, on dry hair... nothing. My hair was as if I'd put nothing it it, which is the worst feeling in the world. Love the Jessicurl shampoos/conditioners, but none of the styling products work at all for me.

I use this to freshen up 2nd day hair, and it works great in conjunction with Boots for that purpose. The Boots tames the frizz, and the Awe Inspiraling Spray perks up the curls. It smells nice, too.

One of my HG's! I love it for reviving second day hair and encouraging my waves and curls.

I'm a huge Jessicurl fan, so I really wanted to like this. If I use it as directed, though, to revitalize curls later in the day, I end up with a huge frizz-head. Too bad.

I liked this product for what it's intended: a pick-me-up spray. At the end of the day, if my curls are droopy or frizzy, this spray tightens them back up into smooth and shiny curls. I am addicted!

I used this in the morning for 2nd day hair and my loose curls/waves bounced right back. Another great Jessicurl product!

Created too much frizz for me. I really wanted it to work especially on second and 3rd day hair with no luck

save your money

i like spraying it on before rockin' ringlets, and also as a mid-day curl reviver. it works well, but it's no different than a homemade lavendar spray.

This is the only Jessicurl product that doesn't do much for me. It sometimes slightly revives my curl, but not much and not consistently. However, my curl pattern isn't very strong and once the curls fall out, there's really nothing short of washing it that will get the curl back. This is probably a great product for those with a stronger curl who want to do second day hair.

This product changes my fine wavy hair. I use it when my hair is still damp under a quarter-sized dollop of Joico Joigel mixed with Terax Original Mousse. No frizz, great volume, great curl formation that lasts all day!!!!

This didn't do much for my hair. I tried it on both wet & dry hair.

The is a near-miracle product for making waves/curls where there are none. Jessicurl gave me the bright idea of using it on wet hair under styling product to encourage curl. Being barely wavy and envious of curlier people, I loved this SO much that I started using this every day. After about 3 weeks, I realized that my hair was getting really dry and strawlike. So, while I highly recommend this as the perfect curl booster and will continue to use it once in awhile, I would caution those of you with hair that is prone to dryness, not to overuse it. As with most things, moderation is the key.

Really seems to wake up droopy curls, and smells really great.

My hair:2b,3a and fine. This didn't do much for my hair.

3A. After I apply the RR I spray this on to make sure I've gotten all areas of my hair. Also when it's 90% I spray some on and scrunch more, great curls.

I really like this product as a curl reviver. It gives great curl definition and is great when mixed with the Gelebration Spray. Smells good too.

Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
Ingredient Attributes: frizz control