MORE: Top 10 Foods for Shiny Curls
One of the most important vitamins for health hair is vitamin A. Out of all of the vitamins on this list, it does the most amount of work.
Although you can take it in by eating foods such as cantaloupe, dark leafy green veggies and meat, you will never get the recommended daily allowance on your own, so it’s better to take it as a pill. Here’s why:
- It contains antioxidants that work to condition and moisturize the sebum in the scalp.
- It will fight the free radicals such as pollution that weight down your hair and make it weaker. As a result, your hair will feel lighter and have better body.
- It will strengthen and thicken your curls so that they will grow longer faster and break much less often.
Vitamin B Complex
When we say complex, we mean that it contains every sort of vitamin B available on the market, including vitamins B6, B12 and biotin. Although the B class vitamins are great on their own, they are a true powerhouse when grouped together. Here’s what you can expect to see:
- A reduction in hair loss so that there’s more hair on your head and left in your comb.
- Less gray hair as vitamin B slows down the graying process.
- Longer hair due to more rapid hair growth.
- Shine, shine, shine!
Renowned for its abilities to soften the skin, vitamin E is and essential vitamin for healthy hair since it helps with blood circulation and leads to a healthier scalp. When you have a healthy scalp you’ll, notice that:
- Your curls will be softer and nourished so that you’ll get less frizz and more curls.
- You'll get fewer split ends so that your hair will be healthier looking.
Foods that contain vitamin E include nuts, spinach and tomatoes.
If you’re taking vitamin B complex then you’re getting a dose of folic acid and don’t have to worry about purchasing another vitamin. A few reasons that folic acid is important for curly haired girls is that it works to:
- Prevent grays.
- Make your hair thicker.
- Make your hair shinier.
- Add moisture to your hair so that you'll have less breakage.
Another bonus to folic acid is that it can be found in whole grain breads and cereals so you can eat carbs without the guilt.
Supplements we Recommend
- Nature's Bounty Vitamins for Hair - This is a popular hair vitamin found at several drug stores. It is one of the more affordable vitamins that are gluten free and lactose free. Find it here.
- Hair Essentials - This handy supplement is all-natural and works to re-grow your hair while also repairing your damaged roots. You can find it by visiting www.hairessentials.com
- Natrol Biotin - Biotin is part of the B complex vitamins are is known to strengthen brittle hair and nails. There are several varieties of Biotin supplements, but we recommend Natrol.
- Viviscal - This Scandinavian supplement is a favorite among celebrity stylists, and contains many different nutrients that assist with hair growth. You can find it at drugstores or online.
Healthy Living & Lifestyle
Tags: vitamins , healthy hair
Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Digg, de.licio.us, Stumble it!, Yahoo, reddit, Technorati, Blogmarks, Google .
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.