Every fashion week there is one hair style that looks great on the runway, but when you try to re-create the look at home it never comes out the same. At STYLE360’s Gudnitz Couture presentation, we were floored by the modern take on the classic chignon.
Luckily for everyone, Sebastian’s lead stylist, Michelle Catralanello, gave some great how-to tips on how to create this amazing look on our own.
- Subdivide the back and front of your hair, parting just behind the ear.
- Secure the back section in a ponytail with a rubber band.
- Curl ponytail with a curling iron and then tease the hair up a bit.
- Create an exaggerated chignon, by twisting hair up and pinning back up with bobby pins. (use Sebastian’s microweb fiber to hold the chignon in place.)
- Take the front section of your hair and twist, add Sebastian Re-Shaper hairspray .
- Cross section over back and pin to add a modern looking texture.
Style from the front:
Style from the back:
If you try out this great runway look, take pictures of it and post it in our curly hair photos area so everyone can see how it looks on different hair types!