Tips for getting an “edgy” look that you can sport for a night on the town.
Dark and Dramatic
For this look, you want to aim for something dark and striking. It doesn’t necessarily have to be black; you can create a smokey look using any color of eye shadow. All you need is a dark color as your base. It can be dark green, purple, blue, or even burgundy.
- Take a light, cream colored shadow and apply it over your lids up to your brow.
- Use the main color, preferably a dark, shimmery one, and blend it from the lash line across the eye lid.
- Color from the corner of your eye to the outer edge of your eye, making a half moon shape. Be sure to blend your shadow well so that it makes a smooth transition.
- Apply a light layer of this same color to the bottom of your eyes.
- Apply black eye liner as you normally would, smudging the bottom.
- Apply a thick, black mascara to your lashes.
To complete this makeup look, you must use light neutral colors on your face to create contrast. Use nude lip gloss and light blush. You want to direct attention to your eyes, not your lips.
See The Outfit for this look on the next page...
Read More: End of Summer Hair Makeover