Meet Priscilla, our talented Graphic Designer. She's creative, inspiring and has Type 4C curls!
We love getting to know our curly community every day, so we thought it's only fitting that you to get to know our NaturallyCurly team too! Introducing Priscilla Sodeke, one of our talented and artistic Graphic Designers. Priscilla brings our hair tutorials to life, she puts together the newsletters so many of you subscribe to, she creates the Pin-worthy ads for CurlMart, and much, much more!
- You’re on a desert island (or a 3-day music festival) and you can only have 3 hair products... Priscilla: Water (since that would be scarce in a desert), Kinky-Curly Knot Today, and Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, for the baddest (meaning good!) twist-out that desert island has ever seen.
- Your favorite blog Priscilla: Garance Dore, although I have to admit that I don't really read it. I just love the fashion photography and her illustration!
- Where do you go for inspiration Priscilla: Pinterest or #2 (my fav blog) and in real life: the public library, juvenile section. I always find the books there much more refreshing and interesting and of course, inspiring. I like to write and if I was a professional writer I think I would choose that audience.
- Your favorite Austin spot Priscilla: It used to be the "food truck mall" on SoCo before it closed, sadly. I enjoy trying new foods and just eating tasty food in general. I've been in Austin for about year and a half but I haven't really gotten out and enjoyed it. Working on that!
- Favorite snack Priscilla: Chips and Salsa or Turkey Bacon.
- Your all-time Holy. Grail. Product. Priscilla: The one product I always go back to since first trying it 2 years ago would be Kinky-Curly Knot Today. I just like the slip and how it smooths over my hair.
- Book on your nightstand Priscilla:Holy Bible ESV and Writing a Great Movie: Key Tools for Successful Screenwriting. Not that I read the second one before bed or anything, ha!
- A project you're working on Priscilla: Slowly but slowly I am trying to learn about screenwriting and film. Yeah, very slowly. Also, like most other K-pop fans, I am learning some Korean and desperately looking for a way to visit South Korea and meet my favorite artists in person. I'm only half kidding about that!
- Your style icon Priscilla: Oooh tough. It would be a combo of different people and influences. I'm definitely influenced by some of the style I see while enjoying one of my favorite pastimes: watching Korean dramas! I don't always intentionally look at fashion mags or anything I just sort of pick up things I like here and there from people on the streets of Austin, my stylish coworkers (**winks**), my sister, and the casual airport fashion of Korean celebrities. One celebrity whose style I admire, but don't necessarily directly imitate (because he's a dude!) is Kwon Ji-yong aka G-dragon of Big Bang.
- Favorite part of working at NaturallyCurly Priscilla:The people and our purpose! It would not be half as much fun without those two things together.