NC.com vlogger Evelyn show us how she applies henna to her natural hair.
NaturallyCurly.com vlogger Evelyn shows (in less than 5 minutes) how she applies henna! Besides being an excellent protein treatment to strengthen brittle hair, henna can also provide a subtle reddish brown tint to the hair.
You will need:
1. Bowl with a lid
2. Plastic spoon
4. Favorite henna hair dye
5. Hot water
Here's what you do:
1. In the bowl, mix henna, hot water, and conditioner
2. Mix until smooth. Cover the bowl with the lid and let it sit overnight. This is to allow the dye to release.
3. After shampooing, conditioning, and detangling the hair, smooth the henna dye onto the hair from root to tip.
4. Tip: to keep things neat, Evelyn keeps her hair in twists and unravels each twist to apply the dye. Do this to each twist.
5. Pile your hair on top of your head and cover with a shower cap. Wait 4 hours.
6. Rinse your head... TIP: Put your head under the faucet to avoid rinsing the henna over your body.
7. Finish by applying a moisturizing conditioner as you rinse off in the shower. Style as usual!
For more information check out these articles: