Video blogger Sarah (aka Waterlily716) shows you how to grow your curly locks long and healthy.
Growing long hair is an art, and so many covet long hair that we asked WaterLily716 for her secrets on growing long, gorgeous curls. She says:
1. Moisturize - keep your hair well moisturized when you're growing it out. Use a thick, moisturizing conditioner. Do deep treatments and distribute moisturizers, such as coconut oil or olive oil, to the ends of your hair.
2. Hair Vitamins - Waterlily recommends trying biotin supplements. You can find them at your local drugstore under "hair and nail growth supplements." She tried GNC Ultra Nourish Hair and loved it.
3. Get Frequent Trims - this comes with a catch. Only cut your hair frequently if you have lots of split ends. If you do, go to the salon and have them cut off 1/4 to 1/2 an inch of your hair every 2 months (or so).
4. Talk to Your Stylist - tell them you are trying to grow your hair and don't let them chop off too much. They may even recommend more care methods.
5. Dust Your Hair - look for single strand knots or split ends and cut them off. This keeps it healthy and more likely to grow faster.
6. Be Patient - hair growth varies from person to person. What worked on one person may not work for you. Curly hair grows even slower than straight hair because it coils and shrinks.