Get tips for creating the ever-popular smoky eye
The sexy, sultry smoky eye is one of the hottest trends in beauty, but can also be one of the hardest to achieve. Let Sephora, the visionary beauty retailer, show you the latest innovation to get the look that makes it easier than ever before: Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Smoky, a uniquely formulated, creamy eye primer with a deeper tint made especially to work with darker shadows.
“An eye primer is essential in creating the smoky eye because of all the layering and blending you need to do with dark, rich pigment shadows,” says José Rivera, Principal Artist for Sephora’s PRO Beauty Team. “This primer not only helps shadows stay put, but the darker color blends seamlessly and enhances the smoky effect.”
Watch José create the look and follow his tips below.
José’s smoky eye tips:
- Blend High Voltage Eye Primer in Smoky on the lid and under the eye
- Dust the brush with shadow, invert it at an angle and press it into the lashline
- Press and feather out color as you move the brush upwards and outwards using smooth strokes
- Smudge the shadow under the eye along the lashline
- Finish the eye look with a strong lash by curling and applying several coats of rich black mascara