"Walking through this life really is walking through fire." - Chaka Khan
Why: She's Every Woman!
Birth Name: Yvette Marie Stevens
Born: March 23, 1953, Chicago, IL
Hair Type: 4b
What We Recommend for Hair Like This
- Let that 'fro grow! Weaves need not apply (anymore)!
- Moisture, moisture, moisture for your gorgeous natural curls! We recommend Jane Carter Solution Nourish & Shine.
- Khan dropped out of high school to pursue a career in music.
- Khan's early musical heroines included Billie Holiday and Gladys Knight.
- Joined the Black Panther Party, renaming herself Chaka Adunne Aduffe Yemoja Hodarhi Karifi.
- 10 time Grammy-winner Chaka knows how to pick a songwriter. Stevie Wonder penned the hit single, "Tell Me Something Good" and Prince wrote "I Feel For You."
- Though Chaka has covered up her natural hair many times, she stills rocks her naturals curls and is known for her bodaciousness, huge hair, and powerhouse voice. And she's Chaka Khan. 'Nuff said.
Chaka Khan video. Chaka performs "I'm Every Woman"