Try this lush recipe to revive dry, damaged, color-treated or chemically treated hair.
We recommend this hot oil treatment to add shine, strengthen curls and if used regularly, lengthen your hair as well. The essential oils provide a minty, floral scent that reminds us of the winter season. Not only do these natural ingredients smell lovely, they double as a hair and scalp reconstructor, too.
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/8 cup safflower oil
- 1/8 cup sweet almond oil
- 8 drops lavender; 6 drops lemongrass oil and rosemary; 4 drops geranium (essential oils)
- Mix fixed oils (first three ingredients) in order given in a non-reactive bowl.
- Heat 40 seconds in microwave-safe bowl. Using individual droppers, drop in essential oils in order given; swirl to mix.
- Test on back of wrist to make sure temperature is acceptable (not too hot).
- Divide hair into small sections; secure with clips or bobby pins.
- Apply warmed oils to scalp and ends of hair. Massage in.
- Put on a shower cap or other plastic head wrap. Let oils continue to warm using body heat and sunlight if available for 45 minutes.
- Shampoo and style as usual. Remainder can be stored in sterile jar for later use as long as you keep it pure (no water). It is okay to double this recipe for longer hair.