How to Co-Wash
- After wetting your hair thoroughly, pour a dime-sized amount of conditioner in your hand. Use the pads of your fingertips, apply to one spot of your scalp and massage well, just as you would with shampoo.
- Repeat until you've scrubbed all over.
- Rinse all the conditioner off with plenty of warm water, still gently massaging with your fingertips so the friction will dissolve any residue.
- Pour more conditioner into your hand, rub your palms together and apply over the length as you normally did in the past.
- Detangle with your fingers or a very wide-toothed comb.
- For extra moisturizing, clip your hair up and continue with your shower. When you're done, set the water as cool as is comfortable to you, rinse for just a second or two, and gently squeeze the excess water off.
How to Style Curls
- Choose a silicone-free gel, and one that's clear, to allow the natural shine to come through.
- Don't ever brush your hair.
- Detangle when your hair is soaking wet. Use a wide-tooth comb, or just your fingers.
- Never rub your hair with a towel. Instead, gently blot the water using scrunching motions.
- Gently apply product, preferably by scrunching.
- Air dry your hair or diffuse partially to avoid frizz.
- Don't touch your hair while it's drying.