I have a wheat/gluten allergy; can you help me find products for my Type 3/4 Hair?
Dear Curly Suzy: I am an African-American female with Type 3/4 (3 in the front and 4) in the back. I have developed a wheat/gluten allergy recently (found this out when I broke out in hives from Miss Jessie’s Stretching Silkening Creme. Can you suggest shampoos, conditioners and finishing cremes to take away the frizz? I wish I could still use Miss Jessie’s (been buying for 6 years) but my allergy will no longer allow it.
Dear Natalie: I am sorry that you have to switch from a product that you have been using for so long. I hope I can help with some new ideas for wheat- and gluten-free hair products.
Wheat- and gluten-free cleansers
- Kinky-Curly Come Clean Moisturizing Shampoo
- Oyin Handmade Honey Wash
- MYHoneyChild Banana Creme Scalp Cleanser
Wheat- and gluten-free conditioners
- Oyin Handmade Hemp Conditioner
- Hair-Treatment-p-943.html” target=”mart”>Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment (this can be used as a daily conditioner or a deep conditioner)
- MYHoneyChild Organic Shea Butter Light Conditioner
Wheat- and gluten-free leave-in conditioners
Wheat- and gluten-free finishing cremes
- Darcy’s Botanicals Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme
- Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Aloe Fix Hair Styling Gel
- Blended Beauty Happy Nappy
- CURLS Curl Souffle
I hope these or some of these look good to you. Please email me if you have any questions about this.
This entry was posted on Monday, November 29th, 2010 at 1:00 am and is filed under Botanicals, Curly Kinky Hair (Type 3c), Health, Healthy Living & Lifestyle, Ingredients, Kinky Hair (Type 4a), Products, Products and Ingredients. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.