- Use a light moisturizing curl cream as a leave-in when your curls are thirsty. Mix it with a gel that plays well with others for a combination of moisture and curl definition.
- Heavier curl creams are better for fall and winter when the air is cooler and drier. Try a heavier curl cream that has both moisturizing and defining properties so that you don't have to add gel and be concerned about having limp curls.
- Make sure the curl cream mixes well with gels or work well by itself. Before covering your whole head and ending up with a crunchy flakey mess, test a smaller section of your hair with the cream and your choice of gel to be sure they work well together. To use a curl cream by itself, look for one that says it defines curls or enhances curls. Sometime curl creams like this are called gel-creams.
Watch these curl cream suggestions and more ideas on how to use them from Tara!
About Curl Cremes
Products in this video:
- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
- Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Curling Creme
- Samy Big Curls Curl Defining Cream
See more Videos
Get more tips and tricks for your curls, coils and waves on NaturallyCurly’s YouTube channel.