PHOTO CREDIT: SHANNON BENNETT FROM CURLY DEVIANTS
If you've curious about the Lush Henna Hair Dyes, we don't blame you! The brown blocks can be a mystery to first-time users, especially if you've never experimented with henna before. So we're happy to say you can see it all unfold in the experienced hands of YouTuber Shannon Bennett, of Curly Deviants. Here's the rundown on how she uses the Lush Henna Hair Dye in Caca Brun.
- Lush Caca Brun Henna
- Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade
- 1-Tbsp Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
- 2-Tbsp Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner
- 2-Tbsp Olive oil
- 1-Tbsp Aloe vera gel
- 2-Tbsp Raw Honey
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Old t-shirt or cape
- Plastic gloves
- Plastic cling wrap
- Hooded dryer
- Cut the Lush Caca Brun Henna into cubes and place them into a blender with steaming hot water.
- Blend until the texture is like a thick pudding. Add more water as necessary.
- Pour the henna into a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the remainder that is sticking to the blender.
- Put on an old t-shirt you don’t mind staining or a plastic cape.
- Apply Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade along your hairline to prevent skin discoloration.
- Put on plastic gloves in order to not stain your hair.
- Apply the henna in small section throughout your entire head. Continue to saturate your hair until all of the product is applied.
- Remove your gloves and wrap the plastic cling wrap around your head
- Sit under the hooded dryer for an hour. If you do not have a hooded dryer, allot two hours for the treatment to penetrate.
- Apply a conditioner with loose consistency and rinse until the water runs clear.
- Add the Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner, Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner, olive oil, aloe vera gel, and raw honey to a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Saturate the hair from ends to roots with the conditioner and apply a plastic cap.
- Sit under the dryer for 30-45 min.
- Rinse your hair, apply moisturizer, and style!