PHOTO CREDIT: SHANNON BENNETT FROM CURLY DEVIANTS
This is how Shannon Bennett of Curly Deviants uses the Lush Henna Hair Dye in Caca Brun. Products
- Lush Caca Brun Henna
- Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade
- 1-Tbsp Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
- 2-Tbsp Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner
- 2-Tbsp Olive oil
- 1-Tbsp Aloe vera gel
- 2-Tbsp Raw Honey
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Old t-shirt or cape
- Plastic gloves
- Plastic cling wrap
- Hooded dryer
- Cut the Lush Caca Brun Henna into cubes and place them into a blender with steaming hot water.
- Blend until the texture is like a thick pudding. Add more water as necessary.
- Pour the henna into a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the remainder that is sticking to the blender.
- Put on an old t-shirt you don’t mind staining or a plastic cape.
- Apply Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade along your hairline to prevent skin discoloration.
- Put on plastic gloves in order to not stain your hair.
- Apply the henna in small section throughout your entire head. Continue to saturate your hair until all of the product is applied.
- Remove your gloves and wrap the plastic cling wrap around your head
- Sit under the hooded dryer for an hour. If you do not have a hooded dryer, allot two hours for the treatment to penetrate.
- Apply a conditioner with loose consistency and rinse until the water runs clear.
- Add the Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner, Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner, olive oil, aloe vera gel, and raw honey to a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Saturate the hair from ends to roots with the conditioner and apply a plastic cap.
- Sit under the dryer for 30-45 min.
- Rinse your hair, apply moisturizer, and style!