This February NaturallyCurly is celebrating a full month of Curly Mixology! Each day we'll feature one recipe for you to treat your curls to in the comfort of your own kitchen. Tweet us your favorite recipes with hashtag #CurlyMixology or share them on our Facebook page!
Banana Smoothie Hair Masque
This fruit smoothie, submitted by NaturallyCurly user Curly-Twirly, is delicious treat for your thirsty curls. It will quench your dry and damaged strands, leaving them softer and healthier in just 15 minutes.
What you'll need
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (optional: you could use a blender for a liquid consistency)
- Use a wide tooth comb to apply masque evenly to hair from root to ends
- Let the mask soak into the hair for 15-30 minutes. The more damaged your hair is the longer you will leave it on.
- Rinse out with cold water
- Shampoo and condition as normal