Check out the recap and photo gallery from the CurlyNikki MIZANI NOLA Meet-Up
On Thursday July 5th, over 500 curlies from all around the country gathered in New Orleans for a natural hair celebration hosted by CurlyNikki. Sponsored by leading natural hair care brand MIZANI the event featured four live styling vignettes in which MIZANI styling technicians showed attendees how to use MIZANI products to style and care for all types and textures of natural hair. "I've never been to a natural hair meet up before and this one is blowing me away!", gushed one attendee.
Highlights from the Event
- CurlyNikki's daughter Gia joining her on the microphone to welcome attendees.
- Learning how perfect bantu knots and twists while seeing more intricate styles, such as a stylized Senagalese Twist updo at the MIZANI vignettes.
- Having a chance to chat with popular bloggers Gabrielle of StrawberriCurls and Lexi Felder of Curls, Coils, & Kinks.
- MIZANI Director of Education Veronique Morrison encouraging attendees to be accepting of ALL naturals whether they wear their hair loose, in braids or straightened.
- Dishing out 10 fabulous MIZANI giftbags to winners who Tweeted and posted event images for their chance to win.
- Watching hundreds of attendees break out into "The Wobble" (and YES we have video!)
- Chatting it up with four-year old Adia, a proud wearer of her natural curls!
An attendee and a MIZANI stylist chat about "age-appropriate" cuts. (The lesson, if you want it ROCK IT!)
MIZANI models with bantu knots and a twist updo
CurlyNikki and Gia welcome the crowd
A MIZANI stylist demonstrates how to do a comb roll bantu knot
Natural hair: even beautiful from a birdseye view!
A MIZANI model shows off her amazing updo...
Senagalese Twists braided and wrapped around each other.
MIZANI's Director of Education Veronique Morrison explains the MIZANI curl key to an attendee
Veronique and CurlyNikki
NaturallyCurly's Cassidy and Curly Nikki
Event volunteer Olivia and CurlyNikki share a smile
Cassidy and Gabrielle of StrawberriCurls