Still waiting until wash day to do a braid out? Here's how you can do one on six day old hair!
You may think that you can only do a braid out on freshly washed hair, but that’s not true! You can actually do it on hair that you haven’t washed in days. So if you’ve been waiting until your next wash to do a braid out, wait no longer — get things together and get ready to do a braid out today!
What to do
Things you'll need
- Curl Cream
- Water in a spray bottle (since you've not washed your hair in days)
- Misting Spray
- Section your hair into about six sections. Divide it in half, then divide each half into a top, middle and bottom section. Plan to make medium-size braids and section your hair accordingly.
- Lightly spritz one section with water.
- Apply a small amount of curl cream then braid that section.
- Repeat for each section, then wrap your hair in a silk wrap or head cap (or whatever you usually wrap it in when doing braid outs and twist outs).
- After a day (or even two), remove the cap and begin unbraiding your hair.
- Spritz your hair with the misting spray, gently maneuvering your hands throughout the hair for good coverage.
- Massage your scalp while at the same time lifting your hair at the roots.
If needed, you can also lift your hair with a pick or wide-toothed comb. Wear your hair as is or style as desired (clips, headbands, pins, etc.). For more tips and to see how JamieeStarr101 does her braid outs on six day old hair, check out this video!
Braid Out on 6 Day Old Hair