Nothing can make a woman feel prettier than being completely done up and made over. But going all out can be time consuming. Why not jazz up a simple ponytail by turning it into a bun with a pompadour hairstyle to help you feel more glamorous without the hours in front of the mirror?
For this simple style, all you will need is a boar bristle brush, some of your favorite gel, a clip, bobby pins, a bun maker and a rat tailed comb.
- Using your rat tailed comb, make a u-shaped part at the front of your head and use your clip to keep it separated from the rest of your hair.
- Then gather your hair into a ponytail leaving out the u shaped section and secure it with a ponytail holder.
- Apply your gel to your edges and use your soft bristle brush to smooth your hairline ensuring that you don’t brush too hard to preserve your edges.
- Take your bun maker and pull your hair through it so that it rests at the base of your ponytail, then fan your hair out around it and use the tail of your rat tailed comb to tuck the hair underneath the bun maker to form a donut bun. For added security, place an additional ponytail holder around the bun to ensure the ends do not come untucked.
- To style your pompadour, simply hold the hair upright at the very ends then loosely roll it backwards away from the face and bobby pin your rolled hair to your head. Finger style it till you are happy with the look.
How to: Bun with Pompadour
See more Videos
Get more tips and tricks for your curls, coils and waves on NaturallyCurly’s YouTube channel.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 at 12:00 pm and is filed under hairstyles, Kinky Hair (Type 4a), Kinky Hair (Type 4b), Kinky Hair (Type 4c). You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.