Ouidad shows you how to get in vogue with Madonna’s curly look.
Curly girls had a reason to smile at Madonna’s Super Bowl halftime show as the Queen of Pop performed classic hits including “Vogue” and “Like a Prayer” alongside new releases. Fans say that the Material Girl never ages, and she looks better in 2012 than she did in 1982! She’s fit, fabulous…and CURLY! No straight strand would dare strike a pose on that face last night. Morgan Willhite, Creative Director at Ouidad shares styling tips for achieving curls that are vogue worthy.
“Alongside her gold shadow, apricot lip and embellished gold manicure, Madonna’s jet set curls were all the rage,” says Willhite. ”Her blonde waves were flawless and perfectly in place.”
This look capitalized on the natural texture of her hair. A look similar to this can easily be achieved with the Ouidad Rake and Shake method. The trick to this method is to create the curl pattern while hair is damp and let locks dry naturally (or with a diffuser set to low heat).
Vogue Worthy Curls
- Use a frizz fighting shampoo and conditioner such as the Ouidad Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo and Conditioner to combat frizz from the start.
- Gently squeeze excess water out of wet hair and blot with a towel (a micro-fiber one is best) to pull out additional moisture.
- Using outstretched fingers or a comb, add the PlayCurl Volumizing Foam which will give you a long lasting dose of high impact volume.
- Divide hair into 4 to 6 sections and dispense a nickel sized dollop of styling product to palms and rub hands together. Working one section at a time, separate fingers on one hand like a “rake” and rake the section from scalp to ends, spreading the styling gel throughout the section.
- When you reach the end of the hair, gently “shake” hair back and forth to create curl in the hair. Let go of the section and allow hair to fall. Repeat the above steps for all sections using a dollop of styling product for each section. Diffuse hair or let it dry naturally.
This entry was posted on Monday, February 6th, 2012 at 5:00 pm and is filed under hairstyles. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.