The twist and curl has become such a popular style among type 4 Coilies. With a twist and curl you can produce anything from defined frizz-free curls to a fluffy, curly fro. For tips on how to achieve your ideal twist and curl look, read on and watch as Evelyn tests out the new Paul Mitchell Curls line on a twist and curl of her own.
- Do a deep treatment to prepare your hair before shampooing.
- Wash your hair in sections to reduce tangling and re-twist each section after washing. Massage Curls Spring Loaded Detangling Shampoo into your scalp and smooth through the length of your hair, then rinse.
- Smooth the Full Circle Leave-in Treatment through your hair, working in sections.
- Apply Twirl Around Crunch-Free Curl Definer to your hair in sections. Divide the section you are working with into more manageable sections, and then two-strand twist these smaller sections.
- Wrap the end of each twist around a curler. Use bobby pins to pin down your roots if they are puffy.
- Tie a satin scarf around the edge of of your hair to keep your edges smooth.
- Let your hair dry overnight or sit under the dryer.
- When your hair is completely dry, remove the curlers and undo the twists. Then, separate the twists, fluffing at your roots to shape your hair and hide the parts.
Twist & Curl Tutorial w/ Paul Mitchell CURLS line
By: Evelyn 4B/4C
See more Videos
Get more tips and tricks for your curls, coils and waves on NaturallyCurly’s YouTube channel.