Dear CurlySuzy: My name is Amanda and I am looking for a product to loosen my curls. I am a 3b or 3c and my hair is almost always frizzy. I am also looking for a product to make my hair grow faster. Thank you a lot.
P.S: Here's a suggestion for the website: it would be great if you could divide products in some way by curly hair type (3a.3b,3c...) and what would work best for what. Just a tip to make it easier for us. Still I love the site. It helps a lot.
Dear Amanda: Your suggestion is in the works. We appreciate your input. We have been working on changes that will be upcoming this winter. We know there are big differences in curl types even within the curl type! A 3a is very different than a 3c.
In regards to products that will loosen your curls I will give you some product suggestions below. I will also give you a link to vitamins and a hair oil that some say really help with growth.
Frizz is the biggest battle for curlies. Hopefully the products I will give you will help with that. Three other things that can help are using a sulfate-free cleanser, a good leave-in conditioner and deep conditioning once a week for 30 minutes. All of this is going to keep the moisture in your curls and help with frizz.
Vitamins and a hair oil
Products to help with shrinkage
- Miss Jessie's Stretch Silkening Creme
- Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Aloe Fix Hair Styling Gel
- CURLS Whipped Cream
Sulfate-free cleansers and great conditioners
- Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
- Oyin Handmade Honey Wash
- Kinky-Curly Come Clean Moisturizing Shampoo
- Long Lovely Locks Green Tea Hair Cleanse
- Curl Junkie Curl Theory Moisturizing Hair Conditioner
- Blended Beauty Curl Quenching Conditioner
- HPO Spa Hair Conditioner
- Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
- Kinky-Curly Knot Today
- MYHoneyChild Sweet Almond Hair Milk
- Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In Conditioner
- Curl Junkie Hibiscus Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner
- CURLS Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner
- MYHoneyChild Olive You Deep Conditioner
3C Curls - The Dream Styling Package
Also: Check out this article about the woman who created the Curlarita Cocktail. She is the second woman in the article so scroll down.