Video blogger Lexi shares with you how to do this vintage inspired hairstyle, which we think is very Janelle Monae-esque.
1. Start by spritzing your hair with a moisture mist.
2. Take the front part of your hair and separate it
3. Smooth coconut oil over your hair, focus on the ends
4. Pin the upper half of your hair up away from your face
5. Smooth styling cream (she uses Wen) onto the bottom layer of your hair, focusing on the side, and the bottom
6. Brush the sides down
7. Take the bottom half of your hair and do a French roll (pin it down)
8. Repeat with the second layer of hair, pinning with jumbo pins
9. Unbraid the front part of your hair, rubbing coconut oil into it
10. Smooth out the front layer, and fold it over your head by twisting the bottom and rolling it back
11. Pin with bobby pins. You're done!