Whether you're spending your summer on the beach, or just looking to fake it, this recipe will naturally lighten your hair without damaging it, for that gorgeous sunkissed curls look. Apply it where the sun would hit for natural looking highlights, or to your whole head if you'd like to lighten all of your hair.
NaturallyCurly community member azizaj shared this recipe and says it even moisturizes her hair.
- Chamomile tea
- Lemon juice
- Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Castor oil
- Lavender oil
- Mix 2 tbsp of cinnamon with 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Let sit for 20 minutes. During the 20 minutes, boil your tea. You'll only need about 2 tbsp, I just drank the remains.
- Pour the 2 tbsp of tea in the cinnamon mixture, add 4 tbsp of honey. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix your oils and place them in a separate container in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Beat the eggs, yogurt and mayo together.
- Wait 10 minutes and mix everything together.
- Apply to damp, clean hair. Leave in for an hour or longer (I suggest the whole night).
- Style as desired.
Share your favorite curly hair recipe here!