Fun and flirty hair styles that will stay put while you cut up the dance floor.
You’re a super social butterfly, so you know it’s only a matter of time before someone calls you to go visit that new dance club that just opened up.
You’ve been practicing your ‘dougie’ all week and you have the perfect outfit and the killer shoes to match — the ones that are so tall that if trip in them you'll break your neck. But the inevitable question that will pop into your mind is what are the best curly hairstyles for a night on the dance floor? A night of dancing is sure to make a straight style revert back to normal, and a twist or braid out will leave you with an undefined frizz ball at the end of the night.
So what’s a dancing diva to do?
Wavy (Type 2)
While applying my makeup one day, it occurred to me that all of my beautifying efforts were in vain. After all, once I dropped my hair it would cover up the cheekbones I’d accentuated with blush, cover the smoky eyes it had taken me forever to get just right and hide much of my face. This brings me to look number one.
Pull it Up and Out of the Way
Accentuate your face with a chic top knot or super hero ponytail.
- To begin, apply a styling mousse to freshly washed hair. Grab a medium sized piece of hair and roll it around two of your fingers until it forms a wheel or pin curl. Using a bobby pin secure the pin curl to your head. Continue to do this until your entire head has been pin curled.
- Sit under a hooded dryer or start off with damp hair and allow your hair to dry naturally. When your hair has dried completely remove the bobby pins. You should have a head full of gorgeous loose curly waves.
- Bend over from the waist down and using your fingers as combs secure your hair into a high ponytail. Bending over will allow gravity to help you get your hair to the very top of your head. After securing your hair wrap it around the ponytail loosely to create a curly bun and secure your curly bun with bobby pins.
- Then, grab a section of hair from the underside of your ponytail. Wrap it around it and secure the loose end with a bobby pin. Again grab another section of hair from the underside of your ponytail and wrap it around it and also secure the loose end with a bobby pin. You can do this until the wrapping of your hair extends your ponytail an inch or two away from the base.
- To finish the look, do an exaggerated cat eye to draw the eyes up and use bronzer or blush to give you the high cheek boned chic look of a model. Lastly, for longevity of your style try spritzing your hair lightly with hairspray.
Your daringly high ponytail and uber sleek up-do is sure to turn heads the moment you enter a party.