Get the most out of your hair with these curly hair styles that will prolong your look.
Curly girls have to know how to get the most out of their hair! Being able to get multiple looks out of one style can definitely come in handy! When you think your hair just can’t go another day, try one of these curly hair styles to prolong your look and breathe a breath of fresh air into your hair.
Last Leg Hair
I often admire my hair on its last leg; it’s usually full and very soft, with loose beachy waves. The key here is to make sure your hair is moisturized to help cut down on the last day frizz. Add a neat headband or other accessory and you’re ready to go!
- Take your hair up! When your hair is feeling tired, give it a rest and let your accessories do the work. A scrunchie is your hair’s best friend on days when you’re working with an old style.
- Go bold! This will add some spice to your last leg hair. Try a headband when you opt for a poof or a high ponytail. Bright colors, flowers, sparkly diamonds — pick what works for you and rock it!
- Type 2 (Wavy): Since your curls may be a little flat by now, try adding a liquid leave-in product to your hair. DevaCurl Set It Free can help with reactivating your curls, leaving them soft and frizz free. Use your diffuser to bring some volume back to your hair.
- Type 3 (Curly): Even though you’re on your last good hair day, you may want to refresh your curls for this look. Before putting your hair in the scrunchie, add a bit of moisturizer to your curls. Try Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion to cut the frizz and give your curls a treat.
- Type 4 (Kinky): Your curls may be pretty loose by now, so try adding a water based product to wake them back up. Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia will do just that, imparting a bit of softness and shine at the same time.
Tips: Don’t throw away those old stretched out headbands! You can actually double them up to create a “double” headband affect. It lets you reuse something that would normally end up in the landfill and it keeps you from wasting money. Reduce, reuse and recycle!
This entry was posted on Friday, November 18th, 2011 at 4:00 pm and is filed under hairstyles. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.