Three simple, elegant updos for formal events you can style at home.
Two Braid Quick-Do
This formal curly updo will only take about eight to ten minutes to complete, assuming of course that you have everything you need on hand. All you need are bobby pins and your favorite hair product and you’re good to go. If you’d like to add an extra elegant feature, insert flowers, feathers, or any favorite hair accessory into the side of your hair. You’ll have everyone thinking you went to a salon!
- Part your hair in two. Divide each side of your hair into one inch sections. You will have more or less sections depending on how thick your hair is.
- Take one section and twist your hair by simply twirling it with your fingers.
- Using the comb, tease the top portion of your hair by combing it backwards. Once you have a nice bump, secure the top of your hair with a hair clip.
- Grab three twists at a time and make braids out of each section. Grab your bobby pin and pin your braids down towards the bottom of your neck. Repeat for the other section.
- Type 2 (Wavy): Your hair might be harder to keep in twisted braids, so apply a good amount of mousse and hair spray to each twist before pinning your braids together.
- Type 3 (Curly): Your hair is likely to spring out of the braid, so do this style when your hair is wet, making sure to coat your braids in product.
- Type 4 (Kinky): Use a good moisturizer cream before braiding your hair so that your hair can remain frizz free during your formal affair.