Make it a night to remember with one of these fresh and stylist curly updos!
What better way to ring in the new year than with a fabulous hairstyle? Since you’ll be enjoying the events of the night, you want to make sure your hair to stay fresh without too much fuss. Make it a night to remember with one of these fresh curly updos! You'll appreciate the camera flash knowing your hair is on point. Let the ball drop!
Classic Curly Updo
Who says you can’t still rock curls and dance the night away? This style lets you stay sophisticated while you party, without too much worry of the curls falling out of place. It shouldn’t take more than a few moments to get you ready for your New Year’s Eve celebration.
- Sculpting is the key to pulling off curly updos without letting them fall flat. Adding a product with hold while styling will ensure your curls last all night long. Try finishing with a spray gel to add extra hold.
- This style lends itself well to many different hair lengths. If your hair is longer, simply pin the hair in the back up and off your neck. You can play with different variations such as doing a French roll in the back or bringing the hair forward to create the loose curls in the front.
- Type 2 (Wavy): Add some volume to the top portion of your hair. Smooth a light leave in product through your hair and use clips to lift the roots. Try Jessicurl Gelebration Spray as a final step to provide hold and define your curls without weighing them down.
- Type 3 (Curly): When you’re working with curly hair, you want to make sure it pops! Try adding a moisturizing product like Karen’s Body Beautiful Hair Nectar to smooth and define your curls. Pin a cute hair clip in the back and you’re ready to shine!
- Type 4 (Kinky): Nothing is sexier than a head full of shiny curls, so adding a pomade or glosser spray to your finished style will give you the sheen you need. A quick tip is to use the pomade before twisting and add a bit more on the ends before untwisting for maximum shine. Original Moxie Hair Bling Shine Pomade should do the trick!
Tips – If you want to wear this style in the evening, you may want to twist the loose front section during the day, or at least a few hours before the event. That way your curls will have the max amount of definition. This look can last a couple days if you wrap your hair with a satin scarf before bedtime. To refresh, spritz with a bit of leave-in or diluted conditioner and your curls will be back in action.